• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AE Bipod, is the AI factory one the way to go??

z-man

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2006
Deep South
Long time Harris Swivel user. Getting an AE. Is ths AI bipod worth the money?? Are they real heavy?? Any better options??

As a side note does anyone have the back up irons they sell?? Probably never use them but they look cool, not sure worth the money though.

Thanks Z-man

Re: AI AE Bipod, is the AI factory one the way to go??

Would also look at Atlas bipod. Go with the spigot mount if possible.

You've got two better choices than the Harris. AI factory or the Atlas with the Spigot mount. Don't bother mounting the Atlas on a rail under the rifle, that's not an improvement like the spigot is.

Of the above choices, I like the Atlas, but others prefer AI. Not going to tell you to lean one way or the other.

Back up irons....seriously? Save your money.

I know on the irons a waste but as along time service rifle shooter I just like the idea, but you are right why waste the money.

I think I am going to order the Atlas with the spigot due to it being lighter than the AI. Thanks guys

Just started shooting an Atlas Spigot mount on my AICS.

Very nice, and highly recommended.

This is a matter or personal preference at some level. I have shot both and the AI bipod is far superior (unless you want to take pictures of your rifle...).

I have been a Harris user for many years and still like them especially for the money.

But, with the purchase of a new rifle I thought what the hell and started looking for a new bi-pod to upgrade to. The Atlas and AI/Parker-Hale were the two for me to choose from (going on an AICS). I came a cross a good deal on a very gently used (I mean like as new) AI and snatched it up for a very reasonable price, way reasonable.........

If I were choosing between the two (Atlas & AI) and were paying retail the Atlas probably would have been my choice but I don't turn down good deals very often.

Options options options and just as many opinions.............

I am also a long time harris user, have harris on my AICS, then when i got my AIAE,, i got a AI bipod just to be complete.... but i found that the AI bipod moves too much for my liking and switch back to harris, am thinking of getting a tensioner for the AI bipod which apparently improves it somewhat. May thinking of getting the atlas with spigot to try later down the road.

While the older Parker Hale spigot bipods fit on the AI spigots?? A buddy has one that he is not using. Are there any difference between the older Parker Hales and the newer AIs?? Thanks