• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AE Questions

Blackjack988

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2013
Woodbridge, NJ
Gentlemen,

So I may have a lead on an AI AE at what I think is a steal price. Its a non-folder and seems to be an older model. It doesn't have any markings to indicate if its a MKII or MKIII and it doesn't appear to have an adjustable cheek piece. Are these options that can be added?

I've been saving up for an AT but this is a really screaming deal and I was wondering if I should sell my basically new FN SPR and bite.

Gentlemen,

So I may have a lead on an AI AE at what I think is a steal price. Its a non-folder and seems to be an older model. It doesn't have any markings to indicate if its a MKII or MKIII and it doesn't appear to have an adjustable cheek piece. Are these options that can be added?

I've been saving up for an AT but this is a really screaming deal and I was wondering if I should sell my basically new FN SPR and bite.
Sounds to me like you should. I suspect you'll be very happy with your choice, even if you have to buy a new barrel. Good luck!

The asking price seems to be 2k which to me seems like a good deal. My only reservation is that, if it is a MKI, it would require different magazines. Is that correct for all MKI AI AEs? I also don't get any of the benefits of the MKII or MKIII like the easily removed trigger, better safety, etc.

Since it doesn't have MKII or MKIII on the receiver I assume it is a MKI. Someone please correct me if i'm wrong.

Can you get your hands on it? Take a look at it and see which safety it has. If you have any AI mags, see if they will fit in it. That should give you a pretty good idea of what you are getting. I think you will be happy with any AI, but if you decide you need a folder with the 3 position safety and easily removable trigger, then you might just continue to save for an AT since you will get a handful of other features as well like the barrel system and AW mags. If those done interest you much, then jump on it. Just don't want to be left thinking what if.

Getting hands on it will be tough but after sleeping on it I've decided to pass. While it seems to be a good deal, I just would rather not have to give up the advantages of the AT, even if it'll take me another year or so to save up. In the mean time, I have my FN SPR which shoots better than I do.

If anyone in the Central NJ area is interested toss me a PM and I should be able to pass along the contact info for the seller (let me know if that's against any rules)