• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AW RRS/ Arca Rail - Sawtooth Rifles

NoLegs24

Wheels
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 15, 2013
    San Diego, CA
    I know it's been asked plenty of times. Finally got Matt at Sawtooth Rifles to make rails for the AW after I sent him my rifle.

This should fit any AW/ AE/ AICS Legacy Chassis.

He has a Short Version that he has in stock as he made them for a Mil group for their Mk13's. *580 AI Legacy* on the Link below

Full Lenght ones (12.25") are being sent for anadozing this week. Similar lenght to spigot mount setups for the AT/ AX. He made these thicker to get rid of a lot of the flex for those that like to have their bipods out up front. *Not on website yet*

He's keeping the Cyber Monday deal for another day. Discount Code "backtowork" for 15% off.

http://www.sawtoothrifles.com/store/p14/Sawtooth_Rifles_Forend_Rail:_Accuracy_International_.html

As you can see, he made put safety stop screws on the outside, specifically for the RRS SC-LR Clamps. As a center safety stop screw doesn't work well with that design.

8FF02858-0A94-41C8-9E81-4FB1C88162AB.jpeg

359A6A97-3F8B-435C-9E64-4DA0955A8829.jpeg

5E0F2BE1-0602-4D4A-8777-13AF39B42EAE.jpeg

58D26E0C-D472-4492-BDD6-7534AB1AA85E.jpeg

Last edited:
    Ordered one a few months ago. Fits perfect with room for a harris bipod.
    44834-jpeg.7685443

Attachments

• 44832.jpeg
      44832.jpeg
      350.3 KB · Views: 134
    • 44833.jpeg
      44833.jpeg
      299 KB · Views: 135
    Reactions: GiborChayil
    I just ordered the longer version because I have an ATLAS bipod, so this will allow me to run it up front after I install a Magpul Aluminum 5 Slot Pic Rail. I have the spigot, just never got around to utilizing it. The weight of the spigot and smaller set up is a few ounces less, so I opted for the larger version so I have more options of where to mount my Anvil 30 and I can finally run my ATLAS. :) I love the camo patern on your rifle!!!

Old post I know. But about to order one of these for my legacy AE. Looks to be just the ticket for running a bipod and a tripod.

They have the long and short version. I opted for the long version because I can finally run my ATLAS Bipod up front and the longer version allows you more real estate for where you want to clamp your Anvil 30, etc. They have some laser mark blemished ones and some that have a lighter grey hard anodized color for discounted prices because they were supposed to be a BLACK.

They have the long and short version. I opted for the long version because I can finally run my ATLAS Bipod up front and the longer version allows you more real estate for where you want to clamp your Anvil 30, etc. They have some laser mark blemished ones and some that have a lighter grey hard anodized color for discounted prices because they were supposed to be a BLACK.
    Yeah...I was thinking about getting the blemished grey color.
    Tripod gets in today. So will hopefully order soon.

Reactions: GiborChayil
    Yeah...I was thinking about getting the blemished grey color.
    Tripod gets in today. So will hopefully order soon.
    I just got my RRS Anvil 30 yesterday, and I am VERY impressed. Now I am just waiting for my Two Vets Recon Tripod to arrive. Matt Yore from Sawtooth was very helpful and I have the "blemished" grey longer version on the way.

Reactions: hic28
    Just an older Remington 700 SS 5R put into an AI Chassis with a Timney Trigger that breaks crisp and clean a touch over 2#s.

20210821_133348.jpg

Reactions: M77
    Looks like it works well (y)
    I am very impressed with the machining, and the blemished color is no big deal. This batch came out as a dark gray instead of dark black. I like it. Now to learn how to shoot from my new tripod set up!!!

I have this exact rifle. I guess this would solve my tripod attach issue? I want something fast.

Attachments

• 20230107_125127.jpg
      20230107_125127.jpg
      647.2 KB · Views: 62