• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AWSM question

Mister Ridge

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 15, 2011
    Maryland
    Doing further research into whether an AI AWSM would work for me, I have a quick question. Did they make .308 Winchester bolts and magazines for them like they do the AXMC?

Hi guys..i just bought an AWSM .338
    But i miss user manual... Someone can help me? Maybe has pdf....
    Appreciate

Thx!

If you can't find it online I can look something up for you

Attachments

• 20220207_134905.jpg
      20220207_134905.jpg
      398.8 KB · Views: 39
    Reactions: asdasd asfasd
    Nono..i am from Europe...
    Anyway 10k is a little insane
    Honestly 10k is cheap here for one right now. And that was for one that wasnt very nice. The mint ones can bring huge money

Honestly 10k is cheap here for one right now. And that was for one that wasnt very nice. The mint ones can bring huge money

I'm surprised, last time I was considering selling my .338LM AI AWSM 2.0 folks were balking at paying $7k for it so I find it odd that folks would be paying $10k for them now

AWSM is going for $10k ? That might be a one off and some fool might have paid that but... damn way too much.

The AXMC were blown out for $5500, my AWSM I paid $5k, the reality is none of them should be over $6.5K but given the current conditions I can see an increase, everything is up.

The AWSM was never really meant as a SA/LA option like the AXMC was, so you won't see much of guys going this route.

If they are going for $10k, I will sell mine in 300NM for $9500.

AWSM is going for $10k ? That might be a one off and some fool might have paid that but... damn way too much.

The AXMC were blown out for $5500, my AWSM I paid $5k, the reality is none of them should be over $6.5K but given the current conditions I can see an increase, everything is up.

The AWSM was never really meant as a SA/LA option like the AXMC was, so you won't see much of guys going this route.

Look up GunBroker auctions in the last year. There have been a few go above 10k. Even 15k. These guns aren't made anymore and people will pay to get them. Especially collector's that want mint condition ones.

Maybe it's just me but I think my welded chassis awsm is a better built gun than my axsr. They just spend more time on them back then. Not saying the axsr is bad at all. I shoot my axsr and let my awm sit and stay nice and keep it's value. It might get 100 rounds through it in my lifetime

I think the few auctions that go above are desperate fools who don't have any idea

it's one thing to mention the collector versions that are older or one off from the different distributors, but the average ones, nah. there are few one off versions out there but not that many

Nothing is welded, you mean bonded ?

I am running both an ASR and my AWSM in 300NM and they are pretty close to the same, you can't tell the difference in accuracy

Welded. Only the early ones

Attachments

• IMG_20220121_222649.jpg
      IMG_20220121_222649.jpg
      435.7 KB · Views: 54
    I think the few auctions that go above are desperate fools who don't have any idea

it's one thing to mention the collector versions that are older or one off from the different distributors, but the average ones, nah. there are few one off versions out there but not that many

Nothing is welded, you mean bonded ?

I am running both an ASR and my AWSM in 300NM and they are pretty close to the same, you can't tell the difference in accuracy
    IMG_20220121_222645.jpg

Duh, they all have welds on the old one ...

those weld have absolutely no impact on accuracy or use.. the are on the chassis

Wow I am out you guys are nuts
    I never said accuracy specifically. There is alot more time spent by hand making the old ones. That's what I like. I said I thought my awm is a better built gun. Opinions vary

I don't think you understand what you have or what you are looking at

the New ones are built on better machines to better tolerances and are tested like never before

So the opinion the old ones are better built is literally your opinion that has no basis in fact.

They did more by hand is all you can really say, but machines today are amazing

Reactions: SAS_Sniper
    I don't think you understand what you have or what you are looking at

the New ones are built on better machines to better tolerances and are tested like never before

So the opinion the old ones are better built is literally your opinion that has no basis in fact.

They did more by hand is all you can really say, but machines today are amazing
    I agree with you 100 percent that the new machines hold tighter tolerances. Like I said I have both. If I was to pick one I'd probably pick the awm because i like the good old hand work

It's like a old 911 and a new one. The new one is faster and has more features but there is still something special about an old one. Better is very subjective depending on who you ask and what you're into

PM sent :D

• Haha
    Reactions: Silvan
    It's like a old 911 and a new one. The new one is faster and has more features but there is still something special about an old one. Better is very subjective depending on who you ask and what you're into

I Live in Colorado please send me what you are smoking, it's better than what they sell us. That part of the chassis is the least touched and never seen unless you remove a skins ????

Comparing an AI with Skins to an AI without and using the welds on the chassis as a point of wonder is, strange

But you do you ...

Duh, they all have welds on the old one ...

those weld have absolutely no impact on accuracy or use.. the are on the chassis

Wow I am out you guys are nuts
    I guess Brym427 also meant “bonded”. The AXSR design does not have that feature anymore.