• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AX308 Grip mods?

Call Rick at GCP at 4402135585. He can get you on the list for when they arrive.

Reactions: jbuck88
You can see how much thinner it is than the factory plastic skins, making it even more comfortable for putting your thumb on the side. Note the difference in width between the black hinge and the green skins.

View attachment 7791341View attachment 7791342
Wonderful! Can’t believe AI hasn’t offered something like this from the factory. And can’t wait for the AX AICS version to be available!

Reactions: samb300
We will work on them next, I don't think there is a lot to change other than the bolt handle and safety cutout, but it will be a separate version.
The AX AICS version can’t come soon enough!

B932083A-80F1-43B9-9687-02165E831396.jpeg

Heads up @Jrb572 @MNTC @918v and anyone else interested in a version without holes on the side for the thumb rest.

There is a limited number of hole-less grip panels in this batch, only 4 of them.

If you want one please give Rick at GCP a call, give him your name and let him know you specifically want a set of the AI grips without holes. He will put a list together, get your cerakote color, etc.

440-213-5585

I will do that today. I’m sorry I’ve been meaning to call him. Just been busy

Reactions: samb300
Any chance of mixing and matching?
I'd prefer no holes on the left....maybe a lefty would want the opposite?

Heads up @Jrb572 @MNTC @918v and anyone else interested in a version without holes on the side for the thumb rest.

There is a limited number of hole-less grip panels in this batch, only 4 of them.

If you want one please give Rick at GCP a call, give him your name and let him know you specifically want a set of the AI grips without holes. He will put a list together, get your cerakote color, etc.

440-213-5585
Tried calling no one answered

You could try planning that out with someone else, but honestly that's not an option we're going to offer.

Reactions: Familydude
I’m a lefty and ordered a set of grip panels in Sage Green via the website a couple days ago. Both sides will have holes. I could go no holes on the right if you’re interested. I’m good either way.

Reactions: AXMC
I’m a lefty and ordered a set of grip panels in Sage Green via the website a couple days ago. Both sides will have holes. I could go no holes on the right if you’re interested. I’m good either way.
Sounds like it might work. I just sent you a PM and Rick an email. Thanks!

Sounds like it might work. I just sent you a PM and Rick an email. Thanks!
Your best bet is to call or text Rick, sometimes when he's busy the emails go unread for a while.

440-213-5585

Just so everyone knows, GCP has the grips on hand from Norway, but we found out an unfortunate issue. There’s a fitment problem with factory AX rifles that we didn’t know about. The AT and AO/Vision chassis’ have a larger diameter front hole for the grip panel, which uses an M5 screw. For whatever reason, the AX chassis has a smaller hole which is juuuust undersized enough where the M5 screw doesn’t fit through. We’re talking undersized by 0.003”.

So at this point there are two options. One, will be modifying the design so the front grip panel uses an M4 screw instead. Christian is working on that now, but it will obviously take some time to machine. Two, the customer can machine that hole in the chassis slightly larger. It’s just a small amount, and the hole is non structural, but completely understandable that people wouldn’t want to do that.

It’s disappointing, and I apologize for the fuck up. If you’ve got an AX and were waiting for the grips, we’ll get a solution figured out for you. If you have an AT or AO/V chassis then it’s all good and the current version will work exactly as intended.

Feel free to hit me up with any questions or concerns.

Sam

72F16B2E-1A73-4931-ABA7-5E87B8D8C3FA.jpeg

Sam,

We need to trim the tabs off the side panels to get the new grip panels to sit flush correct?

Attachments

• 70C0E292-56DB-45A6-BC7D-934F45C1CB79.jpeg
    70C0E292-56DB-45A6-BC7D-934F45C1CB79.jpeg
    336.4 KB · Views: 77
@Serpico1985

First, my apologies for this product not being right. There are a couple things going on that were missed/lost in translation with Vision in Norway.

The front internal relief slots that capture the 3 tabs of the AT front panel are missing, so it's not going to work. Please do not trim off those tabs on the panels, as they are needed to capture the front panel and hold it flush against the chassis.

The second thing is the grip screw was machined as M6 instead of 1/4-28, not the end of the world, but there wasn't a correct screw included. Rick at GCP was planning (or should have already) sent them out separately.

Unfortunately we'll have to ask you to send the grip panel back to GCP, and we'll get you the updated correct version as soon as they're done.

Thanks,

Sam

For anyone else following who has already ordered or was planning on ordering the Vision AI grip panels:

- If you have a Vision AO/V chassis or original Obsession chassis, the current grip panels that are in stock now at GCP will work. These use an M6 grip tang screw.

- AT and AX users will unfortunately need to send their grip panels back, or continue to wait a bit longer for the corrected and updated panels which will have the smaller front screw size, tabs for the AT, and grip tang screw modified to 1/4-28.

My apologies, if you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. If you need to do a return or talk to Rick at GCP about your order please give him a call at 440-213-5585

Thanks,

Sam

I received my grip mod and installed it on my AX with no issues. The bolt went through the rifle fine. Not sure if there is a difference with build date and hole size. As for the grip bolt it was a simple matter of stopping at the hardware store for an M6x25. Cost 35 cents.
Thank you to GCP for the help and the great product. I’m looking forward to more products from them.

I received my grip mod and installed it on my AX with no issues. The bolt went through the rifle fine. Not sure if there is a difference with build date and hole size. As for the grip bolt it was a simple matter of stopping at the hardware store for an M6x25. Cost 35 cents.
Thank you to GCP for the help and the great product. I’m looking forward to more products from them.
That’s awesome to hear! I’m curious what the hole size was, on all the different AXs we measured they were all 0.194”, basically exactly an M5 dia hole but with Cerakote thickness on the surface.

A heads up for those of you using MDT Vert grips. The screws are different lengths depending on the model you have. The 6 screw model that @Krob95 is rocking uses a shorter screw. The 2 screw model “Premier” uses one a bit longer. I pulled one of each from a couple rifles for reference. Hope it helps.

138A9532-8FBB-41C0-8EE8-8AA32C1DF31E.jpeg814563AE-89A4-4B5D-992A-3CC1DC1451A9.jpegD8D54607-D2E5-4DCF-8420-E283A0948302.jpeg

Reactions: Krob95
My AXMC seems to be .194 if I am measuring it correctly and it’s a 14 I believe

My AXMC seems to be .194 if I am measuring it correctly and it’s a 14 I believe
Thanks for measuring. Yeah unfortunately I only went off my AT and AO chassis when I designed the grip panels, I had a brain fart and didn’t think to confirm that the AX/AXMC had a smaller hole.

samb300,

Do you know if this will fit an AX PSR?

Thanks
It will fit the PSR, but first you should confirm what the front hole diameter is in your chassis (this will only require the removal of the plastic grip skins).

If it's the smaller 0.194" dia, you'll need to wait for the revised version which uses an M4 screw instead of M5.

If it's the larger 0.235" dia, you can order one from GCP Rifle Co right now, they're in stock.

1648757075781.png

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
We're doing final testing of the modified grip skins now, hoping to confirm fitment on AT, AX, and AO chassis this weekend and give the green light to Christian to begin machining the next batch.

Again, I apologize to all for the delay and especially to anyone that received a grip set that didn't fit. We'll make it right, and aim to exceed your expectations when you get them back in hand.

Thanks,

Sam

Reactions: kft101
We're doing final testing of the modified grip skins now, hoping to confirm fitment on AT, AX, and AO chassis this weekend and give the green light to Christian to begin machining the next batch.

Again, I apologize to all for the delay and especially to anyone that received a grip set that didn't fit. We'll make it right, and aim to exceed your expectations when you get them back in hand.

Thanks,

Sam
Awesome! Can’t wait to get an AX chassis grip mod in hand! Because this again…
455AD747-87AE-4111-973F-1A19383130A7.jpeg

Word from Norway is the updated AT/AX/AO compatible AR grip panels are done being made. Unsure on the timeline of them getting over here, but I’ll keep you all posted.

Again, thanks for the patience, and my continued apologies for anyone with an AT or AX that has been waiting for the revised grips.

Next up will be modifying the final design to fit on AT and AX-AICS chassis 🤘

Any updates. I have not heard anything on my panels I sent Rick an email also

I talked to Rick, he said they didn't end up taking the panels back in their luggage, so they shipped them. The panels are currently in the US, we're hoping GCP will get them in the next 1-2 weeks.

Rick said the best plan for customers is to place an order directly on the website. That will allow Rick and his team to see the backorder, cerakote color, etc, so they can get those panels shipped out as soon as them get them. We will also update the description as it's no longer a pre-order, it will be a product we try to keep in stock.

All of the panels will now be the Gen 2, which will work on everything: AO/V, AW, AT, AX, AXMC. A second model that will work on the AICS-R700 chassis needs to be worked on, and we'll have to decide if there is a market for them. Please let me know if that's something you guys want!

Thanks,

Sam