• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AX50 ELR Conversion Kits

zinny

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2010
Any body know anything about these and possible release dates?

Alternatively, would it be possible get to custom made bolt heads and barrel cut for smaller calibers (408,375, etc) CONUS?

I recently spoke to Mile High and although they wouldn’t give me a date they did say “very soon.”

Spoke to AINA I think a few months ago at this point. Supposedly they got a mil contract for 408 CT conversions in Europe. So thay definetly happening. Eta of course is still unknown at this time.

I think 2", it's larger than the AXMC/AXSR print for sure.

tumblr_lie9wpG7JF1qf7r5lo1_500.gif

• Haha
Reactions: TylerN
the tenon is M39x2.0
a 1.72" breech diameter is fine, but be aware theres not a lot of clearance in there up by the handguard. You do need a step down to 1.65" at about 2.3"-2.4". So you wont be able to use a 1.70+ heavy varmint type contour barrel

Reactions: ReturnFire
the tenon is M39x2.0
a 1.72" breech diameter is fine, but be aware theres not a lot of clearance in there up by the handguard. You do need a step down to 1.65" at about 2.3"-2.4". So you wont be able to use a 1.70+ heavy varmint type contour barrel
Thank you so much for that info! I ordered a 1.7”X4” straight taper to 1.5” finish. I guess I need to have it contoured down

Wondering if anyone could do a 416 Barrett barrel for one. I havnt heard about AI doing one.

I know its a semi old thread, but incase someone was googling like myself figured i would share. Shot AI an email about the ax50 conversions and they said:

"We do not currently have plans to offer .375 calibre conversion kits due to other higher priorities in development."

before i purchased q4 2022 they said q1 of 2023 was the goal. Hoping they dont bail on the 408 too.

Of they're still doing the 408ct for a contract righr?

Aren't the CTs both the same bolt face?

In which case, grab the bolt from them and have a smith spin up other 375 ct barrel and go, or am I missing something?

Reactions: axfuntime
They have a few large mil contracts that are taking priority. They built 408's for the French military. Sounds like the civilian offerings won't be available until next year sometime. Yes both the 375 and 408 are the same BF.

Any insider news on when the 375 and 408 Cheytac conversions will be available for the AX ELR?