• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AXSR

BCX

Powder Consumer
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 18, 2018
    To the guys running the AI AXSR... how do you like them?

Thinking about one vs another custom Surgeon build!

AXSR's aren't available yet...

Only the ASR's, and they have a substantial price difference from the kits to a Surgeon LOL

Reactions: AIAW
    Thought some trickled out this year. Now the wait begins.

I wonder if there will be a lefty version. Ready to buy my first AI, finally. Willing to go right-hand action if necessary, even willing to get an AXMC, but this money in my pocket is gonna leave 3rd degree burn scars if I don't spend it on an AI.

Yeah dude, you might be waiting a hell of a lot longer for a LH version of the AXSR. Hopefully we'll get an update at SHOT about the AXSR's.

I wonder if there will be a lefty version. Ready to buy my first AI, finally. Willing to go right-hand action if necessary, even willing to get an AXMC, but this money in my pocket is gonna leave 3rd degree burn scars if I don't spend it on an AI.
    You could get a mki mkii or at or used axsa short action to scratch that itch for a while till what you want comes out. It’s a buyer s market on used stuff

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...hope you have asbestos pants. You'll be waiting a while. I have a LH AI AT and a LH AXMC in 338 LM. I have a LH AXMC 308 bolt body as well but no magazine adapter as AI said

"We aren't doing the magazine adapters in LH. You will just have to wait for the AXSR magazine with its adapter to run short action cartridges in your LH AXMC."

Why??? BFYTHW....

I would buy a LH AXMC if you can find one. If you're not concerned about magnum cartridges, buy a LH AI AT. You won't be disappointed.

Last edited:
    Rifle is insane. Next level from the AXMC IMO......selling my AXSA 6.5 now.

Attachments

• 100968169_667955357394219_8271703665647917685_n.jpg
      100968169_667955357394219_8271703665647917685_n.jpg
      260.2 KB · Views: 1,090
    Ah ok, I read they did some bolt magic and wondered how much smoother the action would be.

Cleaner design, Ara Swiss rail, Mag release, bolt hold open, grip, etc. Trigger is insane too.
    Just curious, what do you mean by “bolt hold open”? The ability to remove the bolt without folding the butt stock?

So the AXSR will close on an empty mag? Thanks PORTSIDE_GUNNER

AIs always had a mag stop, most filed them down

it's the magazine that holds it open, in the past we just removed it.

The AICS mags don't but AW mags do, see that little guy, holds the bolt back,
    IMG_0324.JPG

If you file it off, the bolt rides over it

Mags shipped with New AXSR's have the follower chamfered already.

Crazy. My AXSR 338 bolt stays open with the mags from the factory. My AXSA 6.5 closes on an empty mag from the factory.

Attachments

• 100968169_667955357394219_8271703665647917685_n.jpg
      100968169_667955357394219_8271703665647917685_n.jpg
      260.2 KB · Views: 54
    Maybe it does, I'll take a picture of it when I got back to the shop. Its the same concept as IPSC guns.

I do it the dummy/fast way. Let the bolt sit up against the back of the follower, take a dead blow hammer and give the bolt a good whack.

9/10 times it will cut the corner perfectly clean off and bolt runs over it nicely.

Is your follower chamfered? Mine was and doesn't stay open on an empty mag. Maybe they are using some of the older mags with some of the AXSRs they are shipping. They are putting them together in the US with parts from both England and here. One difference, I got a 300 Norma Magnum with the specific Norma Mag, not a Lapua Mag.

My AXSR 338 LM bolt stays open as well. Factory mags.

to be fair I was told eurooptic doesn't know for sure. I was told what my salesman thought. and he thought a couple weeks as the first ones had started trickling in.

Reactions: Surly
    Talked to EuroOptic this morning. I told them about our conversation. So their sales manager contacted AI while I was on the phone. AI told him August. Maybe sooner. Maybe later.
    I changed my order to a 338. Ill buy a caliber conversion once they are available.

Talked to EuroOptic this morning. I told them about our conversation. So their sales manager contacted AI while I was on the phone. AI told him August. Maybe sooner. Maybe later.
    I changed my order to a 338. Ill buy a caliber conversion once they are available.

That was my plan too....

Reactions: NateSavannah
    For those waiting on the 300 WM, why not just get a 300 NM and then the 300 WM kit when it becomes available :)

For those waiting on the 300 WM, why not just get a 300 NM and then the 300 WM kit when it becomes available :)

Instead I switched my order to a 338 lapua. and may get a caliber conversion down the line. its all about the cost to shoot it. all that NM stuff is ridiculous.

I shot my 300 NM AXSR this Monday, it was like shooting a 308. Wonderful trigger, mild recoil. I'm glad I got the 300 NM. :)

My daughter was with me, she complained it was loud compared to the AXSA 308 I also brought.

Last edited:
    Reactions: NateSavannah
    Guys, the AXSR 300 Win Mag will ship to our distributors NLT August of this year if not sooner.

-Scott

Scott do you know when 6.5creed bolts and mags will ship? Are all the conversion parts gonna show up around the same time or are different calibers coming at different times? Trying to plan what caliber im going to get in addition to the 338 I have coming tomorrow. Thank you in advance brother.

My plan is to shoot 300PRC and 6/6.5 so I would have to buy two bolts. I’ll wait to save money down the road.

X2 Im wondering as well. For my AXSR in 338 Lapua I have two barrels from Hawk Hill (300 prc and 6.5 prc) and AI 300 win mag and 6.5 cm barrels already in my possession. I just need The two bolts and my Axsr will actually be multi caliber. C’mon let’s see them bolts.

but I will say I’m having fun shooting my 338 Lapua so maybe no rush :)

I want 300 NM but not the ammo cost and don't want to reload. Have a 300 PRC on order right now. Any day. Still struggling to decide on this one.......

I ended up doing just what you're thinking. Got an AXSR in 300 WM and looking to add that 300 PRC barrel to complete it.

I want 300 NM but not the ammo cost and don't want to reload. Have a 300 PRC on order right now. Any day. Still struggling to decide on this one.......