• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI mags wont sit in my Badger Ordinance box magazine

waveslayer

Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 6, 2012
    CA
    Had a Badger Ordinance installed on my Remington 5R... I ordered some AI mags for it, they fit in but do not latch so they fall out. Has anyone exoerienced the same issue ?

Is that loaded and with bolt closed? Just wondering if whoever installed it might have not inletted correctly. I have never had any problems with the 5 Badger DBMS I have had with 12 different AI mags but anything is possible. They are real AICS mags?

The pillar height needs to correct or mags will not lock in correctly. This was the case for my LTR. As mentioned above if they lock in with the bolt open but not closed, thats a indication of what's going on.

Is that loaded and with bolt closed? Just wondering if whoever installed it might have not inletted correctly. I have never had any problems withe 5 Badger DBMS I have had with 12 different AI mags but anything is possible. They are real AICS mags?

The bolt was open, loaded and unloaded mag. It better be the AI mag for the money I paid for it! it is a AI mag from Midway.

Did you confirm Captain Kirk's post re: Accuracy International AICS vs Accuracy International AW mag?

Did you confirm Captain Kirk's post re: Accuracy International AICS vs Accuracy International AW mag?

Just to confirm, in the pic you can see the AW mag has the wider feed lips, you can dump rounds right into the top of it, vs the AICS mag which funnels down to a single round at the top. Pic is from ROLEXrifleman's AI mag sticky;

DSCN2284.jpg

they are AICS mags stamped on the magazine itself. And it says they will fit the M5 Badger Ordnance no problem...mine won't...

Take the bottom metal out of the stock and see if the magazines click in to just the bottom metal. If they do then I am guessing it's the inlet. You might want to contact the person who did it and get it fixed.

Not all the mags are perfectly uniform. I have some that fit right in some take a little force to seat but still feed reliably. Open the bolt, install mag, and give it a smack. See if it clips in.
    I have had to take a hand file to the small notch on the back side of the mag on a few of them.... otherwise do as others have suggested and check your inlet. If it is to deep it will cause the issue you describe.

After using my calipers...AICS mags were a tad off. A little filing on the pack with a nice tap they are working smoothly! Thanks everyone for the help.

I have a badger mag metal installed on my Remy 700 SPS and I could not get my single stack AI's to seat. I looked at the rear of the receiver and there was a metal nipple with an empty threaded hole that was stopping the mag from seating. Ground the nipple off and the AI mags now seats perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just throwing this in for other folks that may have an issue: I had trouble seating mags into a Manners T4A with the mini-chassis and found that when I installed the action, it was twisted off center the tiniest bit. I straightened it and mags clicked in with little effort compared to having to slap the mag into place previously.

The other thing you might want to look at is the mag catch is different for AI and AW magazines. One is longer than the other for either magazine.

Bill