• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI shooters, what espresso machine(s) do you have?

Jura. I’ve owned a couple of different ones. Traded my old one for a 4 wheeler when I got my new one. It is still going strong. My parents have had the same Jura for over 2 decades. Just take care of clean and refurbish when needed. Fantastic coffee!

I don’t have an AI by the way (so take my advice for what it is worth,) but I do have a KRG SOTIC and a few other customs. 🤣

Remington shooters unite!

image.jpg

This thread made my morning…

By extension, are we implying that Anschutz shooters use Keurigs? And that folks with M40’s use a Mr. Coffee? (Actually the ones I know use percolators and make wicked good deer camp coffee). (PS @pmclaine posted above as I was typing… ya see?)

Personally, I have a TRG and use a French Press. And have not surrendered once or dropped it!

Betting Savage shooters are drinking Sanka.

If you are on an AR-platform .308, how do you prepare your cofveve?

And what rifle pairs well with YooHoo? The official breakfast drink of New Hampshire? Maybe a RPR?

So much potential here!

Sirhr

PS. I’d have thought AI shooters were more into teabagging? It just seems more British. And get your minds out of the gutter. I was talking about those wrinkled little bags with string at the top that release when warmed, moistened and agitated. What did you think I was referencing?

• Haha
Reactions: XLR308
Apparently we Sako shooters need to up our game. Nine cups a day? No wonder they slaughtered the Russians 30-1! If I drank 9 cups of coffee a day I’d make Bruce Lee look like Stephen Hawking!

Though maybe now that Beretta owns them, we should be drinking burnt beans in tiny cups and learning to drive badly! Gorlami!

Sirhr

Semi-auto shooter here (JP). I have a Gaggia Titanium super-automatic that is 12-13 years old, as of this morning 12,949 cups of coffee through it. I don’t think they make the Titanium anymore but Gaggia is a solid brand. Grinds, espresso, americano, steams milk, hot water dispenser, able to use ground coffee if you want. I’ll get another Gaggia when this one finally gives up.

Another poster is spot on about getting dryer beans. Oily beans are a problem in most super-automatics. Lavazza is my go-to for good beans.

All that sounds super gay but it really does make good coffee.

While I won't deny that "Kamira" thing is interesting, I've used a number of different 'machines' for our morning fixes. Started with a Mr.Coffee espresso machine that my mom gave us, then that graduated to a Krups machine. Used that for some years.

Then went to the Moka pot (with customizations) for a few years.

For the past few years now, we've been using the AeroPress. Thing is, we want as good a coffee on the boat, as we have here at home. So the system we use is the same, no matter where we are or travel to.

Now back to your regularly scheduled ridiculing and mayhem.

Forgot to add, lately I've been playing with the idea of creating our own process (simpler and faster) using nitrogen. One of our fine members here, got us onto the realm of roasting our own beans, so getting things the way we like it/them really can turn out a good mug. Couple all that with a simple and compact unit, definitely adds to the quality.
Having owned a few espresso machines over time, both manuals & super automatics, aeropress is our go to for a great coffee treat! -plus power outage backup/camping. Own 3. Recommend!

Do make stove top on occasion still (Moka pot iterations).

Edit: our everyday coffee is drip. Half decaffe, so we can drink more. Ha!! Costco Kirkland brand mix half & half decaffe & Columbia pre - ground in cans. With a touch of Starbucks verona 1/2 decaffeinated plus a splash of vanilla. Comes out pretty great, and we drink lots a coffee. Inexpensively. Daily. Have round about 400lbs on hand at any given time...

Our last Super automatic is still packed up in storage. Probably to stay that way, and we have ample counter space in the new home...

Last edited:
I like my magnifica evo

One button makes me a latte, nice and quick.

Reactions: Fig
This thread made my morning…

By extension, are we implying that Anschutz shooters use Keurigs? And that folks with M40’s use a Mr. Coffee? (Actually the ones I know use percolators and make wicked good deer camp coffee). (PS @pmclaine posted above as I was typing… ya see?)

Personally, I have a TRG and use a French Press. And have not surrendered once or dropped it!

Betting Savage shooters are drinking Sanka.

If you are on an AR-platform .308, how do you prepare your cofveve?

And what rifle pairs well with YooHoo? The official breakfast drink of New Hampshire? Maybe a RPR?

So much potential here!

Sirhr

PS. I’d have thought AI shooters were more into teabagging? It just seems more British. And get your minds out of the gutter. I was talking about those wrinkled little bags with string at the top that release when warmed, moistened and agitated. What did you think I was referencing?
No they teabag for literal real.

They're used to getting tea bagged!

Funny thing is, I have no idea what an AI shooter is.

I just replaced a cuisinart with a Tchibo

I like it, but dudes are taking espresso way too far with the whole thing
100%. It’s coffee. I have had espresso makers, grind my own beans and all the high end stuff, but at the end of the day I came to the conclusion that maybe it’s just coffee. Simple and effective.

Reactions: Camelfilter
Trick question, it's well known 6.5CM shooters drink iced lattes with soy.
Damn it, you beat me to it. My question was going to be, would the answers for AI shooters be the same as for 6.5 CM shooters? With the included dress code of man-buns? My hair is too short, I would have to get a weave.

Breville dual boiler but needing to upgrade my grinder. Currently running the Breville grinder. Grinder works OK but not truly consistent. Grinder matters more than machine.