• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI vs Custom Manners

Bcera

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2019
So im just getting into long range shooting and this past winter I built a custom Impact 737 / Proof carbon 6.5cm 20" 1/7.5 / Manners TCS / TTDiamond2 Stg / Area419 HellFire just for the boys and I to go out and go long and switch it up from the typical AR day. The more im looking around I am really liking the looks and idea of the AI's and wanted some opinions on if it would be worth selling this build to pickup a AT/AX/ or ATX instead? How are the triggers on them and how accurate are the AIs?

I did a bunch of search's and read a good bit just looking for some new first hand information from you guys.

Much appreciated.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/5hc61xQYRWBRjZPq6

Last edited:
I never support selling guns. I do support buying another!

If you just want to change then go ahead. I don't think you're gaining anything going to AI. There will be many fan boys that will tell you how amazing they are, and you need to sell a kidney to buy one if necessary. I think they're way overpriced for what they are and they ride on their "military sniper" reputation.

Reactions: Bcera
I never support selling guns. I do support buying another!

If you just want to change then go ahead. I don't think you're gaining anything going to AI. There will be many fan boys that will tell you how amazing they are, and you need to sell a kidney to buy one if necessary. I think they're way overpriced for what they are and they ride on their "military sniper" reputation.
Yeah I support buying more as well thats why I just picked up a LMT MWS 308 20" DMR. ;-)

This is really a personal choice. I had an impact action in manners (2 actually). I also have an AI AT converted to AX buttstock. I sold the impacts. This again was a personal choice I preferred the action on the AI and it fit me better. I now only have AIs for Centerfire. If you can, I would find someone with an AI before you decide as it might not be for you. Until you run one you will not know if it’s for you (or if your boys will like it).

This is really a personal choice. I had an impact action in manners (2 actually). I also have an AI AT converted to AX buttstock. I sold the impacts. This again was a personal choice I preferred the action on the AI and it fit me better. I now only have AIs for Centerfire. If you can, I would find someone with an AI before you decide as it might not be for you. Until you run one you will not know if it’s for you (or if your boys will like it).
Great point, I will be keepin my eye out when I head to the range in the future.

go take a look at the AI pictures thread. That's how i end up with mine. :(

Another vote for AI. I have Big Horns, Rem 700's-722's-788's, Tikkas, FN Mausers, CZ's, Winchesters 70's...and an AI is just in a different league all together. Robust, refined and reliable. The newer ATX I think will be the new bar, as it handles very well off bags, bipod and tripod. The recoil profile is really something to experience...a very noticeable difference.

Reactions: Bcera