• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aiae mkiii

Hasgun Willtravel

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2007
Ionia County, MI
Who is doing the chambering for these, and how does one get a hold of them? Is Dave Tooley still doing this?, or is he just one of them? It is a AIAE MKIII that has the stampings on the barrel indicating it was built in the USA, and a Fredrickburg marked action.

I have only seen proof stamped UK barrels on the AI AE line, however Mile High will pull the factory barrel and ship with a custom Krieger and ship it to you when you buy the gun if you want.

Dave Tooley does most of the after market, non UK Barrels. Its not built in Fredrickburg, that is just where the importer is located. If it has the standard barrel markings, it is a UK barrel I know they use two barrel makers in the UK, but can only think of Lothar Walther…The other may be Borders.

I have one, chambered in .308, bought it from Mile High, but there is an issue with the chamber and I did not suspect they chambered in house. I wanted to find out who chambers them, show some pictures, etc. I suspect also that I may end up dealing with MileHigh.

I have one, chambered in .308, bought it from Mile High, but there is an issue with the chamber and I did not suspect they chambered in house. I wanted to find out who chambers them, show some pictures, etc. I suspect also that I may end up dealing with MileHigh.

A few weeks ago I picked up an AI AE MKIII with a Bartlein chambered in 260 Remington. Dave Tooley did the chambering, and it is my understanding he does all of Mile High's chamberings (at least with the Bartlein barrels...not sure about others). I was more than pleased with the customer service and deal they gave me. I doubt the next rifle I purchase will be anything but another rifle from Mile High. So far the 260 is an absolute hammer. Now I'm just waiting the 3 weeks to get my SAS muzzle brake installed :)

You said you had an issue with the 308 chamber...I'm assuming it was the stock barrel?

I assume its the stock barrel, but have no idea if its a UK barrel.

photobucket-57400-1364342693914.jpg