• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AIAW out in the desert...

Victor Co Heather

Victor Company USA
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 19, 2006
SOCAL USA
www.victorcompanyusa.com
Took my AIAW 308 with new FDE Vipers installed out to the desert last weekend. It's a lefty with the USO TPAL 5-25x.

The bolt is so smooth and flawless. Love that AI.

viper1.jpg

Viper2.jpg

viper3.jpg

Re: AIAW out in the desert...

why you got to show me this? i already want a AW

Nice! As usual, making me miss our desert trips.

Shit God damn, I have a new AE MKIII sitting here but with the wrong scope mount so I cant even shoot the damn thing.

ETA: Them skins look like the shiz so I just got a set.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GMZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shit God damn, I have a new AE MKIII sitting here but with the wrong scope mount so I cant even shoot the damn thing.

ETA: Them skins look like the shiz so I just got a set. </div></div>

Those new MKIIIs are awesome! and our AIAE Vipers will fit perfectly. You'll love them.

Sir those skins look great.Might have to get me a set for Xmas.
What mfg. belt are you running on your waist?Does it stay in place pretty much.Thank's for the great pics...waggs

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hank440</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW so are you right or left handed ? </div></div>

I shoot right side pistol, left side rifle... yeah it get's confusing sometimes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: waggs4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sir those skins look great.Might have to get me a set for Xmas.
What mfg. belt are you running on your waist?Does it stay in place pretty much.Thank's for the great pics...waggs </div></div>

That belt is made by US Grunt Gear and is a great piece of gear. Custom made, modular and sturdy with an inner velcro belt that keeps it tight on your waist. Only drawback is heir wait time runs about 4-6 months.

You crazy Californians, your bolt handle is on the wrong side. The rifle looks really nice.

I think the bolt is on the correct side. I shoot the exact same way-lefty rifle and right side pistol. It normally works well for me. Nice rifle.

I shoot right side pistol, left side rifle... yeah it get's confusing sometimes.

thank God I'm not the only weirdo in the world

Seriously, you guys really leave the desert looking like a trash heap after you shoot? Looks like a lot of lazy people shoot in your spot. I'd clean it up before you loose it unless it's private property and the owner doesn't care. Not trying to rain on your parade as I also shoot long range in the SoCal desert but no way as messy as the spot in your pics.

T. Kifer

I absolutely love it!!! That is awesome, I cant wait to get me hands on the Skins you got. They will be pretty nice for sure!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tkifer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seriously, you guys really leave the desert looking like a trash heap after you shoot? Looks like a lot of lazy people shoot in your spot. I'd clean it up before you loose it unless it's private property and the owner doesn't care. Not trying to rain on your parade as I also shoot long range in the SoCal desert but no way as messy as the spot in your pics.

T. Kifer </div></div>

That spot was pristine for a long time until the last year when some jackasses found it and dump their old crap, shoot and leaver it there. We usually go to another spot and enforce the rule, whatever you bring in.. you take out.

You shoot rifle left because of left-eye dominance correct? How long was the wait for the left-handed bolt (versus right handed bolt)...I always dreamed of a left-handed AW but was never patient enough for the rare lefties.

UKD, I was shooting at tacpro today. They have had lefty aw's on the wall for at least a year. Every time I go in there is a constant reminder that I need to pick one up.

Looks awesome Michael! Do you have any plans to make the vipers in Green? I have a new AIAE MkIII folder and would love to have a set of green viper skins.

Cheers,

AvsFan
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UKDslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You shoot rifle left because of left-eye dominance correct? How long was the wait for the left-handed bolt (versus right handed bolt)...I always dreamed of a left-handed AW but was never patient enough for the rare lefties. </div></div>

Actually I'm left handed (and left eye dominant). I'm not sure why I shoot a righty pistol, I do a lot of things right handed.

The left hand models are hard to come by, if you want one call Mile High Shooting Accessories. Diann and Randy will find it for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AvsFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks awesome Michael! Do you have any plans to make the vipers in Green? I have a new AIAE MkIII folder and would love to have a set of green viper skins.

Cheers,

AvsFan
cool.gif
</div></div>

Green will be out in 4 weeks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why you got to show me this? i already want a AW</div></div>

I second this statement..

Damn I ordered these when I was drunk last night and they shipped before my hangover was gone!

Love AI rifles, in fact, I think I need another one...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rickp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I want the same thing. Did u notice any weight difference between original and those?
Sorry typing from phone while drIving

BTW Lookes great </div></div>

The Viperskins are about 4oz lighter than the OEM AI Skins.

The skins look great on the AW. If I didnt just order the AX I would have gone the same route.

Michael and Victor Company are GTG, and Viper skins are great addition to your AI platform. Michael is also a generous supporter and sponsor of competitive Practical Long-Range Rifle Shooting.

Michael, when will we see you in one of our deserts? Come compete.

Jeff

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rpk762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is one nice looking rifle. I want one but in 338LM. Those skins make it look so much better. </div></div>

I agree. Here is my AIAW338 dressed in FDE Vipers...

AIAW_338_Viperskins1.jpg

AIAW_338_Viperskins2.jpg

AIAW_338_Viperskins3.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mendocino</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Michael and Victor Company are GTG, and Viper skins are great addition to your AI platform. Michael is also a generous supporter and sponsor of competitive Practical Long-Range Rifle Shooting.

Michael, when will we see you in one of our deserts? Come compete.

Jeff </div></div>

Thanks for the kind words Jeff. I enjoy supporting our sport when I can. Not sure when I will make it out to your neck of the woods next... though I do make it out to Denver once or twice a year. I've heard good things about your shoots. ; )

MV

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tkifer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seriously, you guys really leave the desert looking like a trash heap after you shoot? Looks like a lot of lazy people shoot in your spot. I'd clean it up before you loose it unless it's private property and the owner doesn't care. Not trying to rain on your parade as I also shoot long range in the SoCal desert but no way as messy as the spot in your pics.

T. Kifer </div></div>

Eventually they will lose it as BLM will close land after it gets too trashed. Our group shoots only steel yet we bring contractor trash bags and haul out any stuff we see, even to the detriment of an hour or two of shooting time. We ain't doing it for the lazy aholes, but for our own good in preserving the open space for shooting. Just hauling your own stuff out ain't gonna cut it in the long term.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
rpk762 said:
That is one nice looking rifle. I want one but in 338LM. Those skins make it look so much better. </div></div>

I agree. Here is my AIAW338 dressed in FDE Vipers...

AIAW_338_Viperskins1.jpg

quote]
Darn I like that rifle. Now only if AI would make it with that bolt on the other side.

That's a great looking rifle. AI's are a great weapon system.

Another AIAW with FDE Viperskins

Here's some more pictures of my AIAW with FDE Viperskins and with an Accu-Shot Monopod fitted. They fit very well on the AW, just as well as the factory skins. As you can see the Accu-Shot Monopod doesn't have a pocket to fit in like the factory skins do, but they function just fine.

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

Re: Another AIAW with FDE Viperskins

I wonder if the AI system could be had with just the frame, no covers. Maybe save a little cash and then go straight to the viperskin?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder if the AI system could be had with just the frame, no covers. Maybe save a little cash and then go straight to the viperskin? </div></div>

I'm not 100 percent on this but you might be able to get the Viperskins pre-installed on an AICS from Mile High Shooting...

http://milehighshooting.com/

They are great people!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m1match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's some more pictures of my AIAW with FDE Viperskins and with an Accu-Shot Monopod fitted. They fit very well on the AW, just as well as the factory skins. As you can see the Accu-Shot Monopod doesn't have a pocket to fit in like the factory skins do, but they function just fine.

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg
</div></div>

Hey M1 Match,

We can have those rear stocks cut for you to fit the Accushot better. It costs $45 for labor. You would simply need to send us the end pieces and we'll get them turned around in a couple days. The fit isn't exact but it's pretty close and very solid.

PM me for details..

Pics..

Accushot_cut.jpg

Accushot_monopod_cut.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m1match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's some more pictures of my AIAW with FDE Viperskins and with an Accu-Shot Monopod fitted. They fit very well on the AW, just as well as the factory skins. As you can see the Accu-Shot Monopod doesn't have a pocket to fit in like the factory skins do, but they function just fine.

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg
</div></div>

Hey M1 Match,

We can have those rear stocks cut for you to fit the Accushot better. It costs $45 for labor. You would simply need to send us the end pieces and we'll get them turned around in a couple days. The fit isn't exact but it's pretty close and very solid.

PM me for details..

Pics..

Accushot_cut.jpg

Accushot_monopod_cut.jpg

</div></div>

M.45,
Question,
what;s wrong with the viper skins that is affecting the stock and it's fit? I see the picture and I think I see the small gap on the pads, is that it? What about the viper skins is causing that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rickp</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m1match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's some more pictures of my AIAW with FDE Viperskins and with an Accu-Shot Monopod fitted. They fit very well on the AW, just as well as the factory skins. As you can see the Accu-Shot Monopod doesn't have a pocket to fit in like the factory skins do, but they function just fine.

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg
</div></div>

Hey M1 Match,

PM me for details..

Pics..

Accushot_cut.jpg

Accushot_monopod_cut.jpg

</div></div>

M.45,
Question,
what;s wrong with the viper skins that is affecting the stock and it's fit? I see the picture and I think I see the small gap on the pads, is that it? What about the viper skins is causing that? </div></div>

There is nothing wrong with the fit of the Viperskins, they are perfect. That picture is of the very first monopod cut we did on my personal stock and I didn't make sure (nor really care) that both sides were cut equally and so when I installed the monopod it pushed one out of alignment. When we cut them for customers the cuts are equal, and that shouldn't happen.

I didn't intend to use that pic for promotional purposes but it's a good question.

Thx,

MV

My FDE Viperskins shipped yesterday for my AW. I'm interested to see how I like the new panels. If they make it before I head out to SHOT I will post up some pics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rickp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks for the reply. I really like them. </div></div>

Thanks Rick!

Kevin- send me some pics and I will put them on our website gallery.

MV

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m1match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's some more pictures of my AIAW with FDE Viperskins and with an Accu-Shot Monopod fitted. They fit very well on the AW, just as well as the factory skins. As you can see the Accu-Shot Monopod doesn't have a pocket to fit in like the factory skins do, but they function just fine.

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg
</div></div>

Oh man! Seeing this makes me even more anxious to get my AW back! Ive got a set of 2.0 viper skins just hanging out in my safe that need to see some use! Thanks again Michael for the quick shipping and awesome customer service in getting these to me! Hopefully I can get some good pics of them on my rifle to post up here soon.

The Viperskins for my AW showed up today. I just slapped them on and snapped a couple of quick iPhone pics.

I really like the design, but they don't fit perfect with the IMUNS attached. The skins bow out just a bit where the contact the IMUNS. A little Dremel work will fix this, but i might just remove the IMUNS as I sold off my CNVD last year and I can just get the pic rail for the Viperskins to run my DBAL-A2.

UPDATE: I spent about 15 minutes using my pocket knife to remove material from the inside front of the skins and now they fit fine with the IMUNS. From the outside you can't even tell I modified them. The pics in my cabinet shop are post modification.

IMG_0614.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

IMG_2273.jpg

IMG_2265.jpg

IMG_2267.jpg

IMG_2276.jpg