• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AIAW Price?

AvsFan

Minuteman
Oct 2, 2011
Colorado
Gent's,

What am I missing with this $20,000.00 asking price? Is this a limited run collectors model or something? Just curious...thanks!

confused.gif

Re: AIAW Price?

I'm not super savy with AI's, But I think thats a military model. Still don't think it's worth that price though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Quickdraw40</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd venture to say it's all BS and they are just fishing for a sucker.</div></div>

+1

Looks like it hasnt seen the light of day since 1993 either....

No that wasn't the rifle advertised here.

Its a "limited" edition one that was colored in military green. It might be worth 10-12 max with everything that its listed with.

Shit a really rare AI AT only sold for around 4500 on here, and George Garder sold like 1 of 4 or 5 actual L115 with spare 300wm bolt and barrel thats in the US for 13k.

You should be careful of what people claim. It might have been a limited edition for the Swedish build and I will know tomorrow. If it is there would be markings on the action and there are no photos showing these markings. I think that there would also have been a certificate showing that is was in fact a limited edition of the Swedish rifles.
The listing reads "malcolm cooper.....the founder and legendary Sniper marksman, Malcolm Cooper,..." Malcolm Cooper was never a sniper, he was a target shooter and a good one but never a sniper. The company is now under new management with two of the founders who designed the rifle in question. Malcolm Cooper never designed any of the rifles. We have better equipment now and a much better process for building rifles so it is incorrect to state that the old AI produced better quality rifles then the new AI.

I will post the history of AW Serial 1448 when I find out tomorrow.

Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

"AI became a different company are are currently under new management; making the rifle building process lack the precision and quality of the original company."

WTF

Always makes me wonder when someone has to put down the manufacturer of the gun they are selling because of new management, changes in manufacturing process, etc. Usually a good sign that you are about to be quoted a price you can easily pass up.

What a shame that its never been shot! The guy probably got ripped off when he bought it and is now trying to recoupe some money. Better come with happy ending for that price! lol

This rifle has definitely been mentioned in a post here before.....it's hard to forget pricing like that!!!

But, hold the phone!

It looks like it is now reduced for Christmas (or maybe just because no-one was dumb enough to bite at $25K)!!
laugh.gif

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...591#Post2715591

There's been a couple of ex-issue .308 L96's around here in the UK this year...Fultons at Bisley were looking around £8,000 (just over US$12,000) if you were interested! And they are well known for (cough) "over optimistic" pricing!

Got to say the price on this one's got to be a pi55 take, hasn't it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomirwin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can confirm that the rifle for sale, described as a Swedish model is NOT. It has the wrong scope and is missing the Swedish Army marking on the right hand side of the action.
Sorry for the delay in responding.
Tom </div></div>

Interesting history lesson. Thanks, Tom.