• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AIAW still going to be made?

GUNENTHUSIAST

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2010
SE PA
I have an AIAW that I absolutely love! I was just wondering if it is still going to be produced now that the AIAX is being made.

Re: AIAW still going to be made?

i would think so it all would depend on sales i would not worry it is a well liked rifle.

I love my AIAW too !!! It may be time to get another....lol.

I'm still trying to decide if I like the AX better than the AW.
The AW has a special place in my heart! lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GUNENTHUSIAST</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have an AIAW that I absolutely love! I was just wondering if it is still going to be produced now that the AIAX is being made. </div></div>

If not, I'm glad that I already scored an AW. I think that the AX looks like an attachment for a pressure washer ;-)

—Andreas

i heard the AW 338's are goin away and the AX will replace it... but that is a rumor so that is by no way official and i cannot remember who i heard it from.

Here is the current situation regarding AW and AX.
The AW50 has been discontinued and replaced by the AX50. The AX50 has basically the same action, bolt, trigger and barrel as an AW50 but is a better shooting rifle and is priced less by approximately $2,000. The product has undergone a significant cost reduction, eliminsted unnecessary parts and we are making more of it in-house than before.
The AW338 is being sold to military and law enforcement customers who already have them or who are buying a quantity which warrants accepting a contract. We try to sell an AX338 which is a better product at a price which is comparable when you compare and they include all of the options of night vision mounts, quick adjust etc. A basic AW338 costs less than a basic AX338 but you cannot run .338 CIP in an AW338.
The AX338 is a more accurate weapon than an AX338 when using CIP ammunition and is ergonomically better in our opinion.
The AW300 has not been replaced with an AX300 but an AX300 will be available later in 2012. At that time we may decide to discontinue the AW300 but that will depend on demand.
The AW308 is still in production and there are no plans to discontinue it.
The AX308 is in full production.
The AE308 MkIII is in production with no plans to change that in the short term.
The AICS is in full production and will remain so. We will add other rife types to the line.
The AX AICS is in full production and we will be adding to the line.

We will be adding accessories to our current production items. This will include new stock sides and you will be be able replace with pistol grips for example. There will be a new AI bipod and you will be able to buy a rear spike assembly for your AX.

Some of these will be at the Shot Show and we will be there to talk about these.
You will also be able to see our latest AX338.

I hope that answers your questions and more but after tomorrow I will be at the show and it is unlikely I will have time to post any more on the subject.

Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

Mr Irwin will you be selling AW barrels on AINA wesite in the near future? We have a need for some down here.
Thanks Joe.

Thanks very much for the response! Im very glad to hear the AW is not going anywhere. Looking forward to seeing your booth at Shot Show!

Mr Irwin is there any word on if or when a conversion will be made available to convert the ax338 down to a .308?

Thanks

HH4 We will have an AX with a new and easy to change barrel at the Shot Show. For those who cannot get to the show we will try to post some photos here. We will have the multi caliber in production with units coming of the line by the middle of the year. We will be taking orders in February. Quantities will be small to start with but by the end of the year it will be a common model.

Thanks for the quick reply, I'm looking forward to getting one of the new models as soon as they're available.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomirwin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tom Irwin
Accuracy International </div></div>

Do your AX rifles still have rails machined into the receiver, or do they only screw on like on a Remington 700 receiver?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomirwin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is the current situation regarding AW and AX.

The AW338 is being sold to military and law enforcement customers who already have them or who are buying a quantity which warrants accepting a contract. </div></div>

What is the plan for supporting legacy .338 weapons? Specifically mags but also repair parts unique to the weapon like the bolt. I assume there's still a plan for supporting the British MOD guns but I want to make sure you plan on supporting the average customer as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomirwin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is the current situation regarding AW and AX…</div></div>

Thanks for sharing these details. AI's track record of communications with their customers weighed heavily in my decision to purchase an AW last year.

—Andreas

Mr. Irwin,

About how long after SHOT show do you guys expect to start selling all the new accessories?

I saw a video from shot show in which lowlight removed and reinstalled a barrel on what appears to be the new quick change AX platform, is there any more info on this?

Video below:

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zF9saca1ogY&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zF9saca1ogY&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Thanks Lazlo, I hadn't seen this yet .

Hi, just to answer a few of the questions recently asked on this thread.

We will continue to support the AW product line having sold 3,500 AW338's around the world. We have agreements in place to support military users but all of our customers are important to us. The L115A3 supplied to the UK MoD is the same basic rifle as an AW338. We will still be making all of the components for a long time. As an indication we are refurbishing a large quantity of military AW308's which were supplied in 1991. It is whatever the customer wants unless it is a material or process no longer available usually because of environmental reasons. Because of the design and quality of the product there is not a need for many replacement parts. Barrels are the main item but we replace a small percentage of lock rings and an even smaller percentage of bolt heads. Triggers need a clean. A service which costs less than $200 replaces all pins, springs and minor parts.

We will be supplying new accessories shown at the Shot Show by the end of March but there are other accessories we plan to introduce later in the year.

The multi purpose rifle will be in production during the second half of 2012.

Tom Irwin
Director
Accuracy International

Sure, every chance of a left hand version of our AX308, 338 and AICS AX. The AICS AX will be first in long action for .300 WinMAg. We will have a better idea of timescales by the end of February.

Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

Tom,

Do you have an estimated cost for the multicaliber? My safe is starting to feel and optics are expensive. If I can get something that can shooting .308, 300 win, and .338 lapua then I may pick one up in the future. DTA is the only game I know at the moment because the mini windrunner is only partial solution (no lapua). It would also be nice to bring one rifle to the range to shoot multiple caliburs.

Thanks,

mstang1988

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: prbulldog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any chance of AX338 left hand? </div></div>

Tom don't make me build my own! I hope this is in the works..
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomirwin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Left hand rifles and other accessories are in the works.
Tom Irwin

Ahh very good to hear.

If the PSR II version of the AX series that LL had the video of him changing the barrel on at shot show goes into production, I'll be looking hard and buying one with all 3 caliber options (.308, .300, 338).

That would be a nice kit to have, especially if they made a nice transit case to hold the whole set.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomirwin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Left hand rifles and other accessories are in the works.
Tom Irwin

This is awesome!!!

Will the PSR Version be available with the regular ax butt stock?

Details are not finalized yes but it is likely that we will standardize on one configuration for the multi-caliber rifle which means that it is almost certainly the PSR back end.
We will announce all details by the end of February.

Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

Tom Irwin

Hoping this is going to apply to the AIAE line.

I decided I need the new multi caliber AI psr rifle from shot show! How soon are these going to be available!?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomirwin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Later this year </div></div>

Any idea on cost tom? Over/Under 10k?

Am I correct, the AX out now is not capable of caliber conversions? I thought previous discussions said that the conversions were being produced for the AX. This discussion doesn't sound like that is going to happen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Weasel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Am I correct, the AX out now is not capable of caliber conversions? I thought previous discussions said that the conversions were being produced for the AX. This discussion doesn't sound like that is going to happen. </div></div>

If you have a action wrench it should be just like any AI to swap the barrel.

The new one can run both SA/LA calibers along with not needing a action wrench to pop barrels.....from what I can see.

It's two different rifles with essentially the same name, which is where the confusions looks to be coming from.

An AX is not the PSR version of the rifle. The PRS model has subtle but important differences when compared to the AX model.