• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AIAW still going to be made?

Re: AIAW still going to be made?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Weasel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Am I correct, the AX out now is not capable of caliber conversions? I thought previous discussions said that the conversions were being produced for the AX. This discussion doesn't sound like that is going to happen. </div></div>

If you have a action wrench it should be just like any AI to swap the barrel.

<span style="font-weight: bold">The new one can run both SA/LA calibers along with not needing a action wrench to pop barrels.....from what I can see.</span> </div></div>

Wait, what?

Are you saying that a long action AX PSR is capable of running SA calibers as well as LA calibers via a barrel / bolt / mag?

If yes, when is this available and what is the cost?

TIA

Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Weasel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Am I correct, the AX out now is not capable of caliber conversions? I thought previous discussions said that the conversions were being produced for the AX. This discussion doesn't sound like that is going to happen. </div></div>

If you have a action wrench it should be just like any AI to swap the barrel.

<span style="font-weight: bold">The new one can run both SA/LA calibers along with not needing a action wrench to pop barrels.....from what I can see.</span> </div></div>

Wait, what?

Are you saying that a long action AX is capable of running SA calibers as well as LA calibers via a barrel / bolt / mag?

If yes, when is this available and what is the cost?

TIA

Good luck </div></div>

Not the normal AX. As LL pointed out its their NEW AX PSR that I believe they said should be out by the end of the year. I'm more or less already in line for one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I predict a flood of used AIAW SAs on the market in about a year..... </div></div>

Maybe.....honestly I just want the barrel change feature and will probably use it as a LA caliber rifle only.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazlo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Video below:

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zF9saca1ogY&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zF9saca1ogY&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

Very slick!

Mr Irwin, is there any word on pricing and availability yet?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HH4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mr Irwin, is there any word on pricing and availability yet?</div></div>

very interested as well, would be spectacular if the price difference between this new version and the older AX is miniscule for comparable set ups.

We are finalizing the pricing on what will be the first production run and will include a rifle, extra barrels, bolts, magazines for the multi calibre set, in a purpose built case with other accessories, including a barrel change kit, an allen wrench.
As it is a complete set and will be the first off run it will be expensive so be prepared. They will be available at the end of the year, around October, November time.
Look out for pricing in the next 2 weeks.

Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomirwin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are finalizing the pricing on what will be the first production run and will include a rifle, extra barrels, bolts, magazines for the multi calibre set, in a purpose built case with other accessories, including a barrel change kit, an allen wrench.
As it is a complete set and will be the first off run it will be expensive so be prepared. They will be available at the end of the year, around October, November time.
Look out for pricing in the next 2 weeks.

Tom Irwin
Accuracy International </div></div>

LoL so that means 12k+ easy.

I guess I'm going to stick with DTA or my windrunner if it's around 12K. Was hoping I could get started with 308 for cheaper and add a lapua barrel later.

Hand and finger tight are the tolerances on the new AX for a complete caliber swap? The DTA can do this because of the barrel extension attached the the replacement barrels. That video looks like it just threads in and you tighten a set bolt. I cant imagine AI would make anything that didnt work great, but that just seems too easy. I got to be missing something.

Also, so AI wont ship out barrels to guys who have change kits with head spacing gauges, torque wrenches, and barrel vices, but they are making a rifle where the barrels can be hand tightened? So if I buy this new AX will AI ship me a new barrel without the rifle having to be sent in or will I have to ship the rifle off for a professional to hand tighten it? Sarcasm of course
smile.gif

Interesting rifle. I do love the mag adapter for using .308 mags in the long action.

beenjammin,
You can buy a barrel from AINA in Fredericksburg, just call them.

Poison,
You are too high at 12+.

Mstang,
You will be able to do that next year but this is going to be a limited production run and include the full set of multicalibre parts.

Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomirwin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">beenjammin,
You can buy a barrel from AINA in Fredericksburg, just call them.

Poison,
You are too high at 12+.

Mstang,
You will be able to do that next year but this is going to be a limited production run and include the full set of multicalibre parts.

Tom Irwin
Accuracy International </div></div>

Thats very very good news Tom if your saying we can get a deployment kit with spare barrels/bolts for under 12k. I honestly thought I was being conservative in relation to what other vendors tend to charge and also what the normal AX comes in at.

Is the ax .308 the same chassis as the ax .338? Someone mentioned purchasing the other barrels and bolts at a later date and tom said that at some point that would be possible. Does that apply to the ax .308 too?

Also where do you put down a deposit on the psr version?

Poison,
Sorry but you were right at $12+. I forgot about our retail price list and what the civilian end user will pay versus a military customer.
I hope you will still get one as it is a great rifle system.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomirwin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Poison,
Sorry but you were right at $12+. I forgot about our retail price list and what the civilian end user will pay versus a military customer.
I hope you will still get one as it is a great rifle system.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International
</div></div>

lol I kinda figured. Honestly it'll be around the end of the year before I get one, friends are trying to get me into car racing again. But I will have one to go with the AT.