• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AICS AX chassis, anyone have it? Like it? All opinions welcome.

Lrdchaos

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2011
Oklahoma
I'm close to having AO build me a new rifle with th AICS AX chassis system. What is your thought on this system?

Just about finished my home grown build in one and couldn't be happier. .308 with a 26" heavy barrel, timney 510 and a NF 5.5-22x56. Only thing that I would call an interesting discovery are that the AX SA action rail is supposedly "known" to require you to mount the scope further back then you would typically to get the proper sight picture/eye relief

I've been running my AX chassis for about a year now and I would have to say that I have no regrets with the purchase. My AAC-SD dropped right in and with everything torqued down to 65 in/lbs it's consistently 3/4 MOA with factory match ammo, not too bad considering everything is off the shelf. It's a little on the hefty side but also think that a McMillan or Manners with heavy fill or the mini chassis, adjustable cheek piece, adjustable LOP and multiple flush cups may only come in a shade under the AX's weight and you can have it in a few days.

Just curious but are you looking at using the previous AX chassis or the newest version?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

You may want to confirm as the new AX just started to ship and the stock was completely re-designed for 2014

I have the old AX -- Purchased it @ 6 months ago.

Aren't they the exact same with only the rear being changed?

Anyway, I love it...Amazing stock...Would buy it again in a heartbeat.

AICS AX chassis, anyone have it? Like it? All opinions welcome.

No they are different. The new forend mounts with only 2 screws and it is no longer a flat base but a v block type system. The trigger housing also is pre recessed for those running aftermarket triggers that required altering in the past. They also changed the receiver mounting area in order to accommodate other actions. And it feels lighter than my previous version. I believe they shaved 4oz. Also the rear end stock is multi adjustable via quick knobs but you can lock the knobs with the Allen screws collocated. Looks similar but is awesomely changed for the better. You can tell they listened and refined based on feedback. Scott and AI really stepped up the chassis game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trigger Housing

yqere4ag.jpg

Fore arm v block

6aqymudu.jpg

I had an AICS AX chassis for my previous rifle.
In general I was pretty satisfied, fit and finish is good to great. I did plan to upgrade to the target butt pad assembly to get added adjustability for prone position shooting.
All in all, the weight and the absolutely tiny pistolgrip was the biggest issues for me. In the end I decided to sell it.
The new version looks a lot better, but I dont think that the pistolgrip has changed.

I replaced my AICS AX with a KRG WT-3 and have no regrets.

I had an AICS AX chassis for my previous rifle.
In general I was pretty satisfied, fit and finish is good to great. I did plan to upgrade to the target butt pad assembly to get added adjustability for prone position shooting.
All in all, the weight and the absolutely tiny pistolgrip was the biggest issues for me. In the end I decided to sell it.
The new version looks a lot better, but I dont think that the pistolgrip has changed.

I replaced my AICS AX with a KRG WT-3 and have no regrets.
+1 on this.. and i also hate when time to diasemble barrel action that youll have to uninstall handguard.. i like d feelin on krg better

I've had the gen 3 KRG and the gen 1 & 2 Ax chassis'. The gen 3 KRG's was a little too beefy for me and I know KRG modified the grip. The Ax pistol grip is fine for me. I always high cut my grips by the trigger guard like my glocks for a higher purchase. In the end they are both wonderful chassis. I just like the right folding option to protect my bolt on the new Ax. Either way you can't go wrong as they are both quality built systems. I just hated the fact that once I had my KRG optioned out it was close to 2 grand with the IMUNS mount, spigot mount, rails, QD mounts etc. With the Ax I only had to use included rails or buy an extra rail.

The trigger housing also is pre recessed for those running aftermarket triggers that required altering in the past. They also changed the receiver mounting area in order to accommodate other actions.

Just an FYI...the AX Chassis (Pre-2014) I bought last month also had the necessary material removed to at least fit a Timney 510.

Confirmed today it is the older chassis. But my money down for the build as well. I'm sure the new chassis will be great, but for the discounted price of the previous chassis I'm sure it will fit my needs.

I'm sure you will be more than happy. Almost done with mine...just waiting on a new set of NF rings so I can get the proper eye-relief without hitting the scope saddle on the back ring, and will post pixs when that happens, should be sometime over the weekend

Bare chassis are not shipping yet, although they are shipping complete rifles. I ordered one right after SHOT Show and original estimate was May. My guess is once they get the rifle orders filled they'll start shipping the bare chassis.

We are building the new AX AICS in the UK and first deliveries into the USA will come from there. I expect it will be July and after that we will be making them in the USA. We are already making AT AICS in the USA.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

According to sales at euro optic, they start shipping in August. They are taking pre-orders now, don't have to pay in full yet

I can find anywhere else that these are for sale, so if someone knows of a place now, that is cheaper than damn near $1400, post up... otherwise, I'll be on the sign up sheet and will wait 2 more months