• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes AICS AX + Vortex Razor HD: Ring Height / Base?

96C

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 9, 2007
    Aust
    Fellas,

I have a Rem700 AICS AX with Nightforce NXS 20 MOA rail.

Looking to possibly mount a Vortex Razor HD 5-20x scope.

Does anyone here have an AICS AX stock, canted rail and Razor HD?

Any help would be fantastic, thanks.

IMG_2908.jpg

{Where I found this picture, he said he used vortex precision match HIGH rings but theres no talk of his base and its not a side on picture so you can't see the clearance which is a problem.}

J

Re: AICS AX + Vortex Razor HD: Ring Height / Base?

You only have a few choices in 35 mm rings. Anything higher than 1.125 inches will work.

Rich

I'm a complete noob so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Yesterday I spoke with Vortex about this scope and was told I should/could use the Precision Matched Rings in the Medium Plus size (1inch).

I'm not saying they are good or bad or even what you need, just reporting what I was told I could use with a picitinny rail on a Tikka T3 Tac.

96C,

That's my rifle! It has a badger 20 MOA base and the Vortex (made by Seekins) high rings, the medium rings are not enough to clear the forend.

The AX chassis now sports a BAT Tactical Action, and 24" Krieger barrel in 6.5 Creedmoor. The BAT Tactical Action has 20 MOA built in and I used the Vortex high rings - perfect.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MichaelCox</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a complete noob so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Yesterday I spoke with Vortex about this scope and was told I should/could use the Precision Matched Rings in the Medium Plus size (1inch).

I'm not saying they are good or bad or even what you need, just reporting what I was told I could use with a picitinny rail on a Tikka T3 Tac. </div></div>

1 inch rings will not work.

Rich