• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AICS buttstock hardware question

WTC343

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2006
Nevada, Texas
I need to add 1 to 1 1/4 inches LOP to my AICS. The screws that came with the chassis are not going to be long enough. Anybody have the specs on the two buttstock screws? Diameter and thread pitch?

Re: AICS buttstock hardware question

Mmmmmm im not sure off the top of my head but they should not be hard to replace.

I know my local hardware store has a thread and diameter guide on the wall in the nuts n bolt section... you simply try and screw your bolt in question into the guide to find the right size.

Perhaps your local hardware store has one also?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WTC343</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I need to add 1 to 1 1/4 inches LOP to my AICS. The screws that came with the chassis are not going to be long enough. Anybody have the specs on the two buttstock screws? Diameter and thread pitch? </div></div>

Tac Pro has the spacer kit including the longer screws for $20 plus shipping.

http://www.tacproshootingcenter.com/PDF/AI_ACC_PriceList_08.pdf

My hardware store has a few cap screws, but none are longer than 1 3/4" or so. I'll bet McMaster-Carr would have the ones I need, once I figure out the thread pitch and diameter.

Thanks LongRange, I wondered if harware was included in the kit or not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wirehand</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try 6mm-1.00

According to my measurements. </div></div>

Thats it, just figure out how much longer you need them, most hardware stores will have em.

Kirk R

They're 6mm. Surgeon makes an adjustable but piece that is fantastic. Add it to the spacers you already have and you can increase your LOP and add adjustability at the same time. Try Ace Hardware, if you have those in your area, or a Napa. Either are good about getting you the length you need.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greedy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They're 6mm. Surgeon makes an adjustable but piece that is fantastic. Add it to the spacers you already have and you can increase your LOP and add adjustability at the same time. Try Ace Hardware, if you have those in your area, or a Napa. Either are good about getting you the length you need. </div></div>

Does anybody have pictures of the surgeon adjustable butt piece? No pics on the GAP site.

Hi the screws are:-
no spacers fitted M6x1.0 x 18 lg
1 10mm spacer fitted M6x1.0 x 25 lg
1 20mm spacer fitted M6x1.0 x 35 lg
1 10mm + 1 20mm spacer fitted M6x1.0 x 45 lg

hope that helps

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stryder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The AICS does not come with extra spacers or screws?? Just curious. </div></div>

It comes with a 20mm and 10mm spacer. With both installed, the LOP is approx. 13.5 inches. I am 6' 1'', and I need a LOP of 14.5 inches minimum, maybe more. With the stock that short, it is difficult for me to get comfortable and get a consistant cheekweld.

I only ask that because my AI AE came with additional spacers and bolts, I would assume an AICS would come the same way but I guess not.