• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AICS Cheek Piece Screws

Easy_E

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 19, 2006
St Johns Mi
I hope this isn't out of place if so I can remove it. I was looking for some thumb screws for my stock. After seeing the 20.00 a pair I thought there has to be more options.
Being a hardware guy I did some searching and found them on the web.
I have nothing to do with this website I just bought four sets eight screws for under 28.00 delivered. The thread size is M5 x .8 and I bought the 20 mm length for a tight fit to the stock. If you want a gap go with the 25 mm and trim to length.
Here's where I bought them http://www.jwwinco.com/products/section8/din653/index.html

Re: AICS Cheek Piece Screws

cool. thanks for sharing.

The cheekpiece screws for AICS are great to have they make taking the comb off really easy but they tend to come loose during shoots.

I just developed a AI comb spacer to help with this...

www.victorcompanyusa.com

It's helped a ton on my AIAW:

IMG_8636.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Easy E any chance some pics with yours installed... just want to see how tight the fit is </div></div>

Uploading now ....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRMTactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what scope mount are you using there? </div></div>

(are you referring to the AIAW?) .. it's the 45moa AI Picatinny mount.

Oh, and your first HotLinky thingy forgot the USA after victorcompany. Threw me off for a sec. checked out your site and i am definitely getting one (two) of your spacers when my rifle gets built. I have the folding version coming.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRMTactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh, and your first HotLinky thingy forgot the USA after victorcompany. Threw me off for a sec. checked out your site and i am definitely getting one (two) of your spacers when my rifle gets built. I have the folding version coming. </div></div>

Aw shoot, thanks for letting me know!

There's another solution available now: factory AI cheekpiece thumbscrews
wink.gif

These just came in recently, and are now available for order: $23/pair. CNC'd from aluminum, they're anodized and laser-engraved with the AI logo. More importantly, they feature a brass insert on the tips to provide a positive and fast lockup on the cheekpiece riser flats.

DSC_4104__71618_zoom.JPG

They're available for order directly at: http://store.accuracyinternationalsrt.co...humbscrews.html . Combine with magazines, slings, cleaning kits, and other accessories to save on shipping!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SRT Supply</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There's another solution available now: factory AI cheekpiece thumbscrews
wink.gif

These just came in recently, and are now available for order: $23/pair. CNC'd from aluminum, they're anodized and laser-engraved with the AI logo. More importantly, they feature a brass insert on the tips to provide a positive and fast lockup on the cheekpiece riser flats.

DSC_4104__71618_zoom.JPG

Those screws look awesome!

They're available for order directly at: http://store.accuracyinternationalsrt.co...humbscrews.html . Combine with magazines, slings, cleaning kits, and other accessories to save on shipping! </div></div>

I will caution you guys that with these type of screws they will loosen up if you do any kind of dragging/crawling/etc. with your rifle. I have a set that SRT Supply sent along with my AE (not the logo'ed AI screws). They are great if you are setting up the cheek pad or swapping between shooters. However I feel that the standard hex head screws are a better option if the rifle will see hard use.

On the last exercise I did with the rifle I found that the thumb screws had backed out after a 50 yard belly crawl. Thankfully I run the AI cheekpiece all the way down right now and it was just a simple matter of snugging them down. I didn't need to try to recover my settings.

I run my cheek piece all the way down so movement won't be a problem. The only issue is removing it to clean the bore now I don't need a wrench.
If I had a raised position I wanted to keep I would mill a spot on the rod and turn the end of the screw round so it would lock in. Then the right height would be easy to find if it loosened up.

If I would have seen the AI screws I might have bought them instead they are much nicer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Easy_E</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I run my cheek piece all the way down so movement won't be a problem. The only issue is removing it to clean the bore now I don't need a wrench.
</div></div>

Easy- You don't need a wrench or the screws to clean your rifle.. just fold it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Easy_E</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I run my cheek piece all the way down so movement won't be a problem. The only issue is removing it to clean the bore now I don't need a wrench.
</div></div>

Easy- You don't need a wrench or the screws to clean your rifle.. just fold it. </div></div>

How do hold the rifle with the stock folded while cleaning ? Without the cheek piece I can put is in my vise and get a cleaniing rod in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Easy_E</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Easy_E</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I run my cheek piece all the way down so movement won't be a problem. The only issue is removing it to clean the bore now I don't need a wrench.
</div></div>

Easy- You don't need a wrench or the screws to clean your rifle.. just fold it. </div></div>

How do hold the rifle with the stock folded while cleaning ? Without the cheek piece I can put is in my vise and get a cleaniing rod in. </div></div>

Good point.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will caution you guys that with these type of screws they will loosen up if you do any kind of dragging/crawling/etc. with your rifle. I have a set that SRT Supply sent along with my AE (not the logo'ed AI screws). They are great if you are setting up the cheek pad or swapping between shooters. However I feel that the standard hex head screws are a better option if the rifle will see hard use.

On the last exercise I did with the rifle I found that the thumb screws had backed out after a 50 yard belly crawl. Thankfully I run the AI cheekpiece all the way down right now and it was just a simple matter of snugging them down. I didn't need to try to recover my settings.</div></div>

I would agree that if you're going to be doing serious work with the rifle, where things might get caught up on the sides of the gun, then in that kind of setting it might well be preferable to leave the allen screws in. On the other hand, the new AI thumbscrews have solved the tightness issue, and you shouldn't see any problems with backing out under hard use. Once you try a set out I think you'll definitely like them
wink.gif

I hope this isn't out of place if so I can remove it. I was looking for some thumb screws for my stock. After seeing the 20.00 a pair I thought there has to be more options.
I have nothing to do with this website I just bought four sets eight screws for under 28.00 delivered. The thread size is M5 x .8 and I bought the 20 mm length for a tight fit to the stock. If you want a gap go with the 25 mm and trim to length.
Here's where I bought them J.W. Winco, Inc. - Flat Knurled Thumb Screws

Nice find, thanks

Here's where I bought them J.W. Winco, Inc. - Flat Knurled Thumb Screws

I posted this back in May:

J.W. Winco sells them for $5.35 each. This is the black steel version with the brass tip. Go to jwwinco.com

Item Code: 653.10-M5-25-ST-MS

This is the brass tip version which is similar to the AI factory version.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk