• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AICS Magazines

Rlandry

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2019
What is the magazine of choice for durability and reliability?

P-mags so far, they run better then the high dollar accurate-mag
I have.
Just my opinion on my rifle, I wanted to see if it was any better than a P-mag.
I would still like to try some others out there.
What might work in your rifle(s) best?
My. 02

Last edited:
It’s hard to beat Genuine AI mags.

I run another brand because in need more OAL capability.

Magpul is decent but my custom action hates them.
Accurate mags are decent as well and have a few options available.

MDT and ARC mags are options as well.

I run the ARC mags but lots of people here hate them

Action, Mag cut, stock/chassis, cartridge play a huge role on this one, what works for me may not work for you. AICS are what works for me on a Defiance Rebel action, McMillan A5, Badger BM shooting 6.5x47L.
AI or Accurate Mags may be a good place to start.

AI Accurate MDT

they all may or may not need some assistance to run perfect

some people like the magpuls, but nah im good

In my Defiance Deviant, factory AI's work great. The Pmags are ok but not as smooth running the bolt closed.

Interested in hearing this too. I have a couple of MDT plastic mags that I hate... Basically they're junk. They feed fine but if I have the bloated in my case oh, I have to be real careful how I handle my case or the rounds push up through the feed lips.

AW for all rifles that will use them, MDT for 223, AI for the rifles that don't have AW cuts

My Accurate Mag doesn't feed consistently with my MPA ESR chassis and Impact LA 300WM. Thinking it may need the feed lips adjusted? 1st custom rifle and i've never had to alter mags before.

Your post, while promising, gives no info.

Chassis? Action? Which MDT mags?
My bad, I have run the mdt metal no binder plate mags in a short action rem 700 .308 with a magpul dbm and a hs precision stock, a savage 10 .308 with a cdi precision bottom metal and mcmillan a3 stock, an rpr and a rem 700 300wm in an aiax chassis.

Reactions: SN13
In my KRG Whiskey 3 the only mags that I have been able to run 100% is AI mags, I have tried Magpul, MDT and ARC and in the end I gave up. The action is a Surgeon 591

KRG bravo/rem 700 here. Magpul ran fine off the bench and prone, but would bind with any forward pressure (off of bag/barricade). Switched to MDT mags (and tried accurate) and both fit tighter and feed without issue off of the bag.

I’m curious about this statement. I’ve never used one but they look like a cool concept on paper. What’s the major malfunction with them?
For me nothing
I use them for my 260 And 7SAUM.
7 saum mag have feed lips opened slightly.

My 700 action in MPA chassis runs like butter with AI, Accurate Mag, and Magpul with Creedmoor and 308 family.

Haven't had a reason to try any others