• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AICS new version?

JTso

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2010
Bellevue, WA
I was looking to purchase an AICS 2.0 SA in green and saw this on Midway as well as on AI's web site.
http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/large/614/614345.jpg.

However, I was told that's the old version and no longer available. The current version comes with the extended adapter for NV mount and bipod.
http://www.eurooptic.com/aics-stocks.aspx

Does anyone still sell the older version? I almost pull the trigger on the one from Midway using the special coupon but not sure which version they actually have available.

Re: AICS new version?

Yes sir, I believe Midway will only have in stock the latest revision to the legacy AICS which will have the extended front block installed. However, this is not an issue and if you purchase it as described, find the extended block bothers you that can be changed. If you have any questions feel free to PM me and I will be glad to assist.

My gf surprised me with a 1.5 from Midway as an early xmas present (yes, she's awesome!) and it had the extended block. Not crazy about the block... but it's okay. The stock is great though.

Stacey, how much would it cost to get the old block?

Btw, does anyone know if the newer version comes with any other enhancements? Like better fitting skins or Jewell trigger compatibility?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JTso</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Btw, does anyone know if the newer version comes with any other enhancements? Like better fitting skins or Jewell trigger compatibility? </div></div>

Viperskins....

www.victorcompanyusa.com

The latest revision to the AICS only added the extended bipod/nv mounting block to the forend tube. No changes to the chassis or skins.

I just recently purchased an AICS stock with the front forend nv rail and i was wondering if i could switch it out for a standard forend. I have a real short barrel on this rifle so when i add my AI bipod, its almost as long as the barrel. Thank you for your help.

If you decide to to go Viperskins you wont regret it. They are very well designed and very good quality worth ever penny.

Now Victor Company just has to make a modified version which extends past the new nv mount for the 99% of users that wont use it
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hennig</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now Victor Company just has to make a modified version which extends past the new nv mount for the 99% of users that wont use it
wink.gif
</div></div>

I want qd swivels front and rear first...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killerwaffles</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just recently purchased an AICS stock with the front forend nv rail and i was wondering if i could switch it out for a standard forend. I have a real short barrel on this rifle so when i add my AI bipod, its almost as long as the barrel. Thank you for your help. </div></div>

Yes. Call Mile High Shooting and tell them you need the old style spigot block. I just bought one about 3 weeks ago from them. Install was easy.

I saw this on another forum and thought I'd share.

Remove AICS front spigot:

This is easily done.
1. Drive out the spring steel pin.
2. Slide the bipod adaptor housing slightly forward.
- This releases the sling adaptor cross piece from it's notched
housing.
3. Tap the sling stud bar through the stock fully releasing the
bipod spigot adaptor.
4. On the newer AI chassis there is a rubber bumper that sits
below the sling adaptor to prevent rattling. You may shoot
a little WD-40 on it to facilitate easy removal.
And yes, the stock sides must be removed first.

Does anyone know when the new aics pistol grip version shown at shot show will be out?

Ready to get the AICS 2.0 for 300WM, looking to put the Atlas bipod on, which version/adapter do I now look for??

The Atlas will mount the same on either version. The newer ones have the NV spigot block, which extends out further than the older spigot block. I don't know where you can buy a new one without the NV mount.

I got the old version without the extension block directly from Mile High Shooting. Because I didn't want to buy the new version and end up paying extra $ to swap out the extension.

Is there a reason why the bottom of the new front extension can't be drilled and tapped for a piece of rail section?

It looks as though there might be some kind of nub on it that may have to be milled off?

That nub is the spigot latch. I suppose that if you never intended to use the spigot, you could remove the latch and mount a rail somehow.

Just bought a 1.5 and want to put an atlas bipod on. What are my options as to me it would seem retarded to have a bipod adapter block attached to the extended block, is it possible to mount the atlas to the new factory extended block

you can mount the atlas spigot to the extended block or you can contact mile high shooting and get the regular block which will cost you about $50 and attach the spigot to that.

How does it attach to the current (extended) block that is on the chassis right now. Pics would help and also how to get it around the spigot release lever

The Atlas with spigot mount (like the Accu-Shot BT19) mounts exactly the same to the standard-sized and extended blocks. There is a hole in the end of the block that the spigot goes into. The extended NV block just pushes the mounting point out closer to the muzzle. The only way around it without rigging it is to order the shorter spigot block and install it in place of the extended block.