• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aics or Manners?

blacklable

Private
Minuteman
May 31, 2009
michigan
I'm putting together a tactical rifle and would like some input on what stock I should use I've brought it down to these 2 stocks...
Manners T4a or
Aics 2.0 any suggestions would be helpful thanks

Re: Aics or Manners?

i vote for the aics 2.0
the reason being is the price the manners is listed at 615.00
then a detachable mag system 250.00-300.00
so manners 865.00-915.00
aics 2.0 1,000.00
so for your little extra money you get a folding stock
bottom rail side sling attachment points and a stock tough
enough to beat a zombie to death if you run out of ammo

It really depends on your preference, get behind one if there are members that you can meet around your area that have both or one. I've had both and no problems with either one. If you go with Manners you have to buy the BM and extra mags which will put your Manners at about the same price as an AICS. Hope that helps..

The t4a is like the McM A5. I'd go w/ the McM (price may be an issue though).

Having said that, I did go w/ the A5. It was either that or the AICS which my friend bought. I like the A5 better, but both feel really nice when shooting prone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1shot2kill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i vote for the aics 2.0
the reason being is the price the manners is listed at 615.00
then a detachable mag system 250.00-300.00
so manners 865.00-915.00
aics 2.0 1,000.00
so for your little extra money you get a folding stock
bottom rail side sling attachment points and a stock tough
enough to beat a zombie to death if you run out of ammo </div></div>

You forgot to add pillar bedding, the AICS wins on cost every time IMO. I hapen to love AICS so I'll recomemnd that. They have great resale value to...if you didn't like it, you could have it sold on the hide in 15 minutes for exactly what you paid for it.

The Manners is more compact, lighter, has a fatter pistol grip, and the forend is flared and rounded - great for large hands.

The AICS is heavier and bulkier, with straight, flat sides, and a thinner grip.

Try them both.

I think both are well made looks like another reason to build another rifle. But how is the availability of Aics compared to the manners?

AICS wins on cost if you setup similar, last AICS I picked up was $700 new off the EE here on the hide. so it definately wins. It is a design that grows on you though

Like mentioned above, the cost of bottom metal, and pillar bedding made the AICS the choice for myself. All depends on your budget and what is comfortable to you when shooting in a variety of positions/situations.

You can put your barreled action into an AICS and go shooting. The thumb hole style takes some getting used to and some people just dislike it. For another options that is cheaper than both and customizable to a degree look at McRee's aluminum stocks. Another no bedding required (unless you want to) solution. One version comes with folding capability and bottom metal to accept AI mags for around $770.00ish I believe.

I have a 2.0 and really like it. But like the others have said it seems to be that you will either love it or hate it. The best thing you can do is get behind both and do some shooting. That is the only way you will know before you plunk down your cash.

I have a couple aics and really like them. Only downside IMO is that it slows down bolt manipulation. McCrees are supposed to be good too.

-dan

Timeframe may dictate also. You can have an AICS in a week (depending on configuration). Tom makes GREAT stocks, but you will most likely be a few months out.

Just shopped around for an aics for rem700sa. Cheapest I could find in stock was $857 for a 1.5 adj chk w/harris bipod adapter and 5rnd ai mag, dark earth color, ordered it today, should be here this thursday or friday. Just bolt in the action and run......at leat thats how it was with the last one.

could you send me some pictures and a range report of how it did after you bolted it in? Thanks

The nice thing about the AI stock, if you wanted to swap out the action you could. Like let's say you have a 22-250 and a 308, you could drop the other action in one weekend and not really have to re-zero. I know people have been doing this with the McRee MODSS with good results.