• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AICS Smooth Baseplate Options

UpSideDown

↑ → ↓
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2019
I use a rifle for hunting that runs AICS mags, and I dislike the sharp stamped steel baseplate these mags use. I'm not necessarily looking for a mag extension, but does anyone make a smooth baseplate for AICS mags? Aluminum or plastic doesn't matter much, I just want something that doesn't hang up on clothes or cut car seats if it's in the passenger seat for a bit.

I would just get a Dremel tool or a grinder, both with buffing wheel attachments and smooth off the corners and edges etc.

I would just get a Dremel tool or a grinder, both with buffing wheel attachments and smooth off the corners and edges etc.
That's the easiest but it will still be a steel mag with a lip. If there's nothing on the market that's what I'll do, but I'd rather have a smooth perimeter on it. It's the only sharp thing on a rifle.