• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AICS

sprice37

Private
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2010
Since I will be purchasingan AICS shortly, can anyone give me the pros and cons between the 1.5 and the 2.0? One con I see is the $200 price difference, buit I am thinking mor on functionality, wobble, strength, ETC. Any input appreciated.

Re: AICS

The 2.0 folding mechanism is a good robust design and locks up tight and solid. No wobble or strength issues with the folding mechanism. It does make the stock a little heavier.
The folder is also nice for cleaning the barrel. Its easier to fold the stock and have it completely out of the way when using a rod. You can also get away with using a shorter cleaning rod.
I will never go back to a 1.0 or a 1.5 after finally getting a 2.0.

Folder leaves nothin to wonder!!
smile.gif
Love my folders

p3130365.jpg

p3130364.jpg

there is no looseness or wobble what so ever in the 2.0 design. Better to have it and not need it. Also, makes re-selling a whole lot easier.

I have a 1.5 and I have to agree it would be nice to fold the stock for cleaning. As of now I have to remove the cheek peice to clean it and my knuckles often get scraped up. But I'm still pleased with my stock in terms of shooting.

I also have a 2.0. It makes it very easy to clean and I don't have to move my cheek piece. Also, I fold it when I carry it and makes a very small package.

I have a non folding AIAW, and it would be nice to be able to remove the bolt without taking the rear cheekrest off.

So, +1 for the 2.0.

By the way, at $200, it's a bargain. It's like a $450 option on the AE or AW, and if you were looking at the difference between the TRG in a folder or non, it's like $1200.