• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aim-e

Real talk

Long range junkie
Minuteman
Oct 6, 2014
Have any of you used the Aim-e or x-ring software? To about 800 yards it’s neck and neck with AB but after that I️t leaves them far behind. So far I am very impressed?
!

Have any of you used the Aim-e or x-ring software? To about 800 yards it’s neck and neck with AB but after that I️t leaves them far behind. So far I am very impressed?
!

Would be nice if you can post some more data on the comparison, including inputs and POI vs real dope.

I have...

it's better than AB because it is 4DOF, that is Hazelton's software, the only issue is, it has a very high focus on ranging and who cares it has a self destruct option, the interface could use a tune up.

Hello,

As Lowlight says...the interface could use a tune up but the ballistics engine aka solver is pretty damn good, better than the "popular" brand of solver.
Here is info brochure for AIM-E if anyone has not seen it http://www.empyrealsciences.com/AIM-EBrochure.pdf
Here is what Fredrik Jonsson (Author of Maritime Sniper Manual) has to say about AIM-E.
Here is what Steve Reichert has said about Dr. Hazelton..http://soldiersystems.net/tag/steve-reichert/

Sincerely,
THEIS

Attachments

• photo80632.png
    photo80632.png
    134.5 KB · Views: 47
I have...

it's better than AB because it is 4DOF, that is Hazelton's software, the only issue is, it has a very high focus on ranging and who cares it has a self destruct option, the interface could use a tune up.

I have the software now, both aim-e and x-ring on the same device. I am just getting to know it. As of now I see there is a lot more info to add but once it is in it works well. And on angles and past 100 yards it’s far superior. There are a lot of features I will figure out. I am wondering why it isn’t more popular? Maybe it needs an app?

I am wondering why it isn’t more popular?

Hello,

My first guess would be Marketing Budget and/or Desire. Second guess would stem from back several years ago when they were "marketing" a little more than they do now...they had some very "PUSHY" conversations with a few of the wrong people and it really put a public image issue onto them.
BUT that is just my personal opinion...

Sincerely,
THEIS

I have the software now, both aim-e and x-ring on the same device. I am just getting to know it. As of now I see there is a lot more info to add but once it is in it works well. And on angles and past 100 yards it’s far superior. There are a lot of features I will figure out. I am wondering why it isn’t more popular? Maybe it needs an app?

Ok but when you say superior can you give us some examples? Would help to understand what to expect about it.

It's not more popular because of the author,

I met him back in the day he announced this stuff and he is hard to deal with, that is number one. He comes into this world from NASA and tries to tell you how to do your job vs understanding how we do our jobs. Then add on the things he focused on initially in the software, like the self-destruct feature, nobody cares. Finally, he is under the impressions this stuff is top secret and you're not authorized to know anything. Outside of the military he is super dismissive regardless of your background, and by that, I am not talking about me, I have seen him do it to others.

The standalone nature does not help...

I will say his software is no better than FFS or Coldbore, it's actually very similar and with Hornady embracing 4DOF it's on par with what Aim-e does, for free, in an app or online from Hornady. But he is right in the fact there are known errors in Point Mass and 3DOF (the software used in most apps like AB) and he took the time to address them. If his engine was available and put in an app, it would probably be very popular, but then re-read what I wrote, he probably believes you have no business using it as that is his attitude.

As a person, he is hard to work with, at least that is my take.

It's not more popular because of the author,

I met him back in the day he announced this stuff and he is hard to deal with, that is number one. He comes into this world from NASA and tries to tell you how to do your job vs understanding how we do our jobs. Then add on the things he focused on initially in the software, like the self-destruct feature, nobody cares. Finally, he is under the impressions this stuff is top secret and you're not authorized to know anything. Outside of the military he is super dismissive regardless of your background, and by that, I am not talking about me, I have seen him do it to others.

The standalone nature does not help...

I will say his software is no better than FFS or Coldbore, it's actually very similar and with Hornady embracing 4DOF it's on par with what Aim-e does, for free, in an app or online from Hornady. But he is right in the fact there are known errors in Point Mass and 3DOF (the software used in most apps like AB) and he took the time to address them. If his engine was available and put in an app, it would probably be very popular, but then re-read what I wrote, he probably believes you have no business using it as that is his attitude.

As a person, he is hard to work with, at least that is my take.

Excellent feedback, Just what I was looking for.

As opposed to the guys at Hornady who will bend over backwards to help.

I have spoke to the creator several times, and went and listened to his Seminar. He has been very great to work with and will fill you full of more information than you dreamed possible. Frank I did get the same “only the military “ vibe from him but that’s because of the ITAR items it has like shooting from helicopters and shooting through loopholes. Which can’t be given to the public. But the x-ring is available. It is very easy to use. From 500 to 800 yards aim-e and ab are 1/10 mil off. But as it gets further you don’t have to true aime or xring. But so far I am just getting use to it. Hazelton has been very helpful and free with his time.

Hi,

Loopholes and shooting from helos are already public information/knowledge so I am not sure who said it can't be given to the public....

ITAR has nothing to do with someone having "military" only mindset when discussing a product or service with US citizens; as ITAR doesn't regulate that for most part.

Lots of people fear the wolf known as ITAR but it is not nearly as restrictive and complex as people make it out to be.

Ballistic programs typically fall under Department of Commerce EAR regulations when discussing international use and not Department of State ITAR regulations anyways or JBM wouldn't be allowed on the internet. Granted their are a few programs that are actually ITAR regulated but the average civilian doesn't know of them anyways lol.
Even if Hazelton is saying his program is strictly ITAR regulated...it is because he chooses to keep it that way by not filing for dual use commodity jurisdiction. That way depending on who the international end user was, would depend on what route he would take to export it. He would be granted dual use with ease IF he wanted it....shit DDTC would probably counter his dual use jurisdiction with COTS (common of the shelf) jurisdiction such as JBM and others.

Sincerely,
THEIS

I’m still laughing that shoot through loopholes is considered secret squirrel. Yeah - it’s a useful military sniper technique. But the math is simple for any person who knows how a telescopic sighting system works.