• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

aimpoint PRO

2blackdogs

Private
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2012
Anyone have one? How do you like it? How about a picture on your gun? Havent been able to find it mounted on any yet. What is the difference between the other M line of optics? just learning about all these Red Dot optics.
Thanks

Re: aimpoint PRO

I built a carbine last year and my brother liked it so much I practically gave it to him for the price. mounted an Aimpoint Pro and was pretty happy with it. It's got a 2 moa red dot and it's easy to see in the bright daylight. Not so sure about the difference with the M series aimpoints but for sure the price and the battery life but for under 400 bux you can't go wrong with the pro patrol. included a photo of now his carbine and what I replaced it with.
IMG_8685.jpg

IMAG0843.jpg

I loved my PRO.. I would not trade it for any other aimpint, I did however trade it for an ACOG upgrade...

get the 3x Magnifier while they are cheap at botach ( if they still got em )

I was putting 3 inch groups downrange easy at 100yds pretty darn quick, I gotta love that 2 moa dot.

I even added a clear front cover so the shades would never need to be opened to shoot.
2011-08-17_15-10-41_837.jpg

2011-08-17_15-11-05_479.jpg

And the upgrade
crazy.gif

2012-01-28_11-46-47_295.jpg

To my (limited) knowledge, I thought only LEOs could purchase the Aimpoint Pro. Of course Im wrong a whole lot.

If you aren't a LEO, I would recommend the Comp C3 model to you.

The M2 & M3 models are compatible with night vision, and have much better water resistance (80' for the M2, 135' for the M3). But then agin the the Pro is 150' I think.

So unless you plan on going swimming and using it at night, I recommend the C3 for about $420. Unless 1) Im completely wrong and anyone can buy them or 2) you are indeed a LEO.

How'd you like the aimpoint mount that's included with the optic? Did it hold up pretty well?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bornhunter04</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How'd you like the aimpoint mount that's included with the optic? Did it hold up pretty well?</div></div>

Held zero and I would take the optic off alot...

I really like it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sweetbeard</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bornhunter04</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How'd you like the aimpoint mount that's included with the optic? Did it hold up pretty well?</div></div>

Held zero and I would take the optic off alot...

I really like it! </div></div>

Good deal that's what i was hoping for, i'll be purchasing one of these soon!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JonnyHawes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To my (limited) knowledge, I thought only LEOs could purchase the Aimpoint Pro. Of course Im wrong a whole lot.

The M2 & M3 models are compatible with night vision, and have much better water resistance (80' for the M2, 135' for the M3). But then agin the the Pro is 150' I think.

So unless you plan on going swimming and using it at night, I recommend the C3 for about $420. Unless 1) Im completely wrong and anyone can buy them or 2) you are indeed a LEO. </div></div>

anyone can buy them
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/aimpoint-patrol-rifle-optic.html

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MM1776</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JonnyHawes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To my (limited) knowledge, I thought only LEOs could purchase the Aimpoint Pro. Of course Im wrong a whole lot.

So unless you plan on going swimming and using it at night, I recommend the C3 for about $420. Unless 1) Im completely wrong and anyone can buy them or 2) you are indeed a LEO. </div></div>

anyone can buy them
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/aimpoint-patrol-rifle-optic.html </div></div>

Good find sir. See, I'm wrong a whole lot

So do the iron sites work threw aimpoints? probably don't need them with one anyways???

Some nice guns there..

For the price i dont think they can be beat. Ive been looking at one pretty hard but im still torn between it and a micro dot.

As an aside, the pro in comparison to the m3 the only differnces I can see is in the battery life (m3 is longer, a 4 moa dot in the m3 and the m3 has an extruded housing where as the PRO does not. Is that it or am I missing something?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JonnyHawes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To my (limited) knowledge, I thought only LEOs could purchase the Aimpoint Pro. Of course Im wrong a whole lot.

i"ve seen some websites that require you to email a copy of your military or LEO credentials to get the PRO model

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: goldeneagle76</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JonnyHawes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To my (limited) knowledge, I thought only LEOs could purchase the Aimpoint Pro. Of course Im wrong a whole lot.

That is not a problem.

i"ve seen some websites that require you to email a copy of your military or LEO credentials to get the PRO model</div></div>

Should be a problem:)

Aimpoint's policy on the PRO is that is only for law enforcement and military profesionals. There are a few vendors that are disregarding this policy and selling to the general public. I spoke with the Aimpoint reps at SHOT and they said that they are under new management and are in the process of dropping many of the dealers that have been violating their policies.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jakhamr81</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Aimpoint's policy on the PRO is that is only for law enforcement and military profesionals. There are a few vendors that are disregarding this policy and selling to the general public. I spoke with the Aimpoint reps at SHOT and they said that they are under new management and are in the process of dropping many of the dealers that have been violating their policies. </div></div>

So apparently Im not crazy. I thought I had read that somewhere.

I still think the C3 is the deal of the bunch, unless you can get your hands on a Pro.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jakhamr81</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Aimpoint's policy on the PRO is that is only for law enforcement and military profesionals. There are a few vendors that are disregarding this policy and selling to the general public. I spoke with the Aimpoint reps at SHOT and they said that they are under new management and are in the process of dropping many of the dealers that have been violating their policies. </div></div>

It's a similar to ammo that is supposed to be sold to LE only. Take Federal HST for example. Federal will only sell it to LEA's or vendors who have LE contracts. Those vendors then sell their surplus commercially to the public. It may be frowned upon by the manufacturer, but it happens all of the time with a variety of products.