• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Air is the future! Bolt Action PCP and AIR Rifles ☆ Show em here

Rogerthatout

Private
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2017
Here's a FX Verminator shown with an IR Hunter Mkii (thermal). This is a great little gun that can also shoot crossbow bolts! Great rifle for protecting a chicken coop! Strelok even has my Trijicon reticle and JSB Pellets in there database!
Screenshot_20200603-065350_Facebook.jpg
Air is the future.
Looking at the new .35 cal FX but only if it can shoot slugs, I'm done investing in air guns unless they can send pills down range.

Screenshot_20200603-065224_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20200603-065215_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20200603-065229_Facebook.jpg

Is that a bottle of monkey 47 I see in the background? You sir have good taste.

Agreed.
I have a .25 Daystate that just destroys backyard pests inside 30 yards. Plus, its really quiet with a suppressor on it.

Agreed.
I have a .25 Daystate that just destroys backyard pests inside 30 yards. Plus, its really quiet with a suppressor on it.
My fx is a 25 cal as well, shooting 28gr. It will wreck stuff inside 30 as well. I shoot JSBs EXACT
Screenshot_20200603-094044_Messages.jpg

I’m shooting a Brocock Bantam Sniper HR in .177, most of my shooting is 5-30yds on cottontails. Scope is an Element Optics Nexus. I Cerakoted it in FDE with Crimson accents.

Attachments

• 8A01F34D-546F-447F-87E3-BE000B52F55E.jpeg
    8A01F34D-546F-447F-87E3-BE000B52F55E.jpeg
    930 KB · Views: 66
  • BFA5A2D3-3D7E-4D87-9CA3-B29FCAB6F9F4.jpeg
    BFA5A2D3-3D7E-4D87-9CA3-B29FCAB6F9F4.jpeg
    489 KB · Views: 95
I’m shooting a Brocock Bantam Sniper HR in .177, most of my shooting is 5-30yds on cottontails. Scope is an Element Optics Nexus. I Cerakoted it in FDE with Crimson accents.

Wow, great looking rifle there.

Those are some good looking rifles. I’ve been thinking about getting into large caliber air rifles but don’t know if maybe the small cal is the way to go. I got my first air guns in the early 70s and think the improvements might make my shooting more affordable

Reactions: 143lrsd
A competition grade gun would be the FX impact. The whole cry once theory applies in air just like powder :) Plenty of other rifles out there though. FX Impact 35 cal.is on my bucket list,it just came out. Need to pay in full and wait 9 months but I'm not ready for that deal ....my neighbor is ordering one though. It will probably shoot 80gr at 900fps and smash up stuff pretty good and far more accurately than any subsonic powder load. You'll get SD under 5 or 6 w an FX

I've been shooting PCP airguns for 24 years now, they are a great addition to any gun enthusiast.

Quote """far more accurately than any subsonic powder load""" I think your statement here is a bit misleading. Rogerthat, go look at the 6x5 results in the 22rf forum. PCP's are not quite "there" yet with slugs or pellets past 25Y. At 25Y and closer, they are very similar.

FX Impact's are cool guns in a lot of ways but they can be finicky SOB's! Mine has been very frustrating. Now the C3 bumper needs to be replaced and the reg has failed twice before, among other annoying things going wrong. I've been shooting the 25 cal 34gr JSB's because of the higher BC and energy. I get a little less wind drift than the 25gr. If I keep this rifle I'll get a STX liner for it and get going on slugs. BUT I would rather go for a Daystate Delta Wolf when they come out.

Interesting, I had not heard of the Delta Wolf. I’ve been thinking about moving up to an FX Impact II but I think this might be a better option.

I've been shooting PCP airguns for 24 years now, they are a great addition to any gun enthusiast.

Quote """far more accurately than any subsonic powder load""" I think your statement here is a bit misleading. Rogerthat, go look at the 6x5 results in the 22rf forum. PCP's are not quite "there" yet with slugs or pellets past 25Y. At 25Y and closer, they are very similar.

FX Impact's are cool guns in a lot of ways but they can be finicky SOB's! Mine has been very frustrating. Now the C3 bumper needs to be replaced and the reg has failed twice before, among other annoying things going wrong. I've been shooting the 25 cal 34gr JSB's because of the higher BC and energy. I get a little less wind drift than the 25gr. If I keep this rifle I'll get a STX liner for it and get going on slugs. BUT I would rather go for a Daystate Delta Wolf when they come out.

You are correct. I'm talking subsonic loads bigger than 22lr. I dont know a better way to throw 80 gr downrange than air. If there is, let me know! Air is very consistent with today's regulators. Good catch,ty for pointing out.

You are correct. I'm talking subsonic loads bigger than 22lr. I dont know a better way to throw 80 gr downrange than air. If there is, let me know! Air is very consistent with today's regulators. Good catch,ty for pointing out.

It's true that PCP's can have super low ES and as soon as the industry catches up with slug design, barrels, twists, etc, that consistently rival 22rf's in accuracy and precision I'll be all over it!

There hasn't really been a following for sub centerfires that shoot sub moa but I wouldn't be surprised if someone has done 1/2 moa consistently. I know Padom shot some super small groups with his AR in 300BO but I don't know if they were subsonic or not. Maybe someone in the know might comment.

Interesting, I had not heard of the Delta Wolf. I’ve been thinking about moving up to an FX Impact II but I think this might be a better option.

Or a Red Wolf. A couple friends have them and they are such a refined rifle!

One of these friends got the best ART barrel that AOA had tested and it's pretty amazing for a pellet gun. He's had quite a few sub 1" groups at 100Y and some screamers. His 22 cal does 980 fps with 22 cal 25gr JSB and does 1014 fps with 20.2gr NSA slugs.

Me and my son shoots a lot with my FX Impact. Its a great gun.

1591243150003.png

1591243184221.png

Its in .25 caliber, shoots JSB Exact Kings with amazing results.

Reactions: Longshot231
Or a Red Wolf. A couple friends have them and they are such a refined rifle!

One of these friends got the best ART barrel that AOA had tested and it's pretty amazing for a pellet gun. He's had quite a few sub 1" groups at 100Y and some screamers. His 22 cal does 980 fps with 22 cal 25gr JSB and does 1014 fps with 20.2gr NSA slugs.

The Delta Wolf seems to really have the feature I’m looking for. The only thing that gives me pause it the digital factor. Is it robust enough? I’ve seen enough about the FX system to be concerned about the complexity of tuning and caliber conversion much less barrel compatibility with the new slugs.

Ideally, I would like something like the Delta Wolf in .177 with traditional pellets for pest control with a .22 or .25 conversion for long range (relatively speaking) shooting with slugs.

The Delta Wolf seems to really have the feature I’m looking for. The only thing that gives me pause it the digital factor. Is it robust enough? I’ve seen enough about the FX system to be concerned about the complexity of tuning and caliber conversion much less barrel compatibility with the new slugs.

Ideally, I would like something like the Delta Wolf in .177 with traditional pellets for pest control with a .22 or .25 conversion for long range (relatively speaking) shooting with slugs.

I used to own a Daystate Panther which was their 3rd gen electronic system and it had something wrong with it that was never figured out, it would throw big flyers once in a while which cost me our AZ state FT match one year. That was 5-6 years ago.
These new Redwolfs are way more refined and we don't see this problem anymore. Actually they are super consistent.

Dwolf isn't out yet so.... At least we hope since the C19 thing has slowed down society that plenty of time has been taken to work any and all bugs out of the Dwolf.

My 9 year old son and I are big fans of the latest PCP rifles. Started with Benjamin Marauders and graduated to FX Impact 25 cal and a custom W.A.R Flex 357 cal. Of all our PCP rifles, the FX Impact is the most flexible and our go to rifle most of the time - the power wheel setting allows us to shoot a 34gr pellet at min setting at 620fps to max setting at 900fps instantly, and every speed/power in-between. Pesting at short range? Turn power wheel to min. Want to nail something at 100+ yards? Turn power wheel to Max setting and go for it. Just set up pellet bc profiles for each setting in Strelok.

For knock down power, our customized regulated W.A.R Flex shoots the 97.5gr Morrill pellets at 850fps.

Accurate as hell too. Amazing technology. We shoot it at our club's rimfire range and folks are always amazed by the power and accuracy of these PCP rifles.

Reactions: Vargmat
Air is the way to go for cheap trigger time behind your rifle. You can shoot many more places and not have to worry about bullets going past 400 yards. I can shoot .03 cent pellets more accurately than .40 cent 22lr. You can take small game out to 100 yards consistently . My .177 & .22 can go head to head with the 22lr benchrest guys and planning on shooting my first NRL match tomorrow with my .25 cal Crown Bee. Here are a few you can gander at......
Bench rest guns, Thomas custom build .177 - Impact Air .177, Rapid Air Weapons BM500 .177, Steyr Semi auto 5 .22 cal my hunting gun, Red Wolf .22 shooting American Field target, Steyr set up for Field target , FX Crown .25 cal 75, 100 yard BR plus NRL. a 250 card at 25 yards with the BM500

Fx Impact is a great gun, probably one of the most popular ones out there. Fredrick can't make them fast enough! Very flexible with caliber changes and adjustable power and barrel lengths. Great your son is getting plenty of trigger time. We always can use more Jr's at the matches.

thomas.jpgbm500.jpgsteyrauto5.jpgredwolf.jpgcrownbee.jpgfullsizeoutput_4506.jpegImpactair.JPG250card.jpg

Yep I'm a huge fan of air rifles. Don't have any pictures handy but my Uragan and Lelya 2.0 have been nothing but solid for me!

Reactions: steve123
Air is the way to go for cheap trigger time behind your rifle. You can shoot many more places and not have to worry about bullets going past 400 yards. I can shoot .03 cent pellets more accurately than .40 cent 22lr. You can take small game out to 100 yards consistently . My .177 & .22 can go head to head with the 22lr benchrest guys and planning on shooting my first NRL match tomorrow with my .25 cal Crown Bee. Here are a few you can gander at......
Bench rest guns, Thomas custom build .177 - Impact Air .177, Rapid Air Weapons BM500 .177, Steyr Semi auto 5 .22 cal my hunting gun, Red Wolf .22 shooting American Field target, Steyr set up for Field target , FX Crown .25 cal 75, 100 yard BR plus NRL. a 250 card at 25 yards with the BM500

Fx Impact is a great gun, probably one of the most popular ones out there. Fredrick can't make them fast enough! Very flexible with caliber changes and adjustable power and barrel lengths. Great your son is getting plenty of trigger time. We always can use more Jr's at the matches.

View attachment 7360723View attachment 7360725View attachment 7360726View attachment 7360728View attachment 7360729View attachment 7360730View attachment 7360738View attachment 7360739

Wow, that’s an enviable collection. Beautiful rifles. I’m going to venture into high end PCP rifles after I satisfy myself with my Vudoo V22. I’m not there yet, but it’s getting closer.

Lou

Lou, I’m on the verge of getting back into 22lr. Just got a Bergara B14R-CF, need to sell a couple of things before I commit to a Vudoo, hard for me to pull the trigger on that one as I have to many Annie’s already sitting in the closet. Easier for me to justify a Delta Wolf whenever they get here.

Reactions: Money Waster
I love pcp air rifles. I live on an acreage and my FX impact sees regular use. I started with a marauder as well. The marauder is an excellent rifle in it’s own right. Both rifles love jsb pellets. I don’t know what jsb does so different than anyone else but their pellets produce the most consistent groups. I don’t know if it’s the skirt or what, but whatever it is they are great projectiles.

Last edited:
Reactions: Money Waster
I use to own some Webley Axsor and Raider rifles. They were nice but I had reservations about no safety. So they were sold. Then I got into spring powered rifles when the first shortage of .22LR hit us.

I have a love-hate relationship with the Beeman / Weihrauch line. They have some bugs that needed worked out. So I got pretty good at air-gunsmithing and also installed the spring kits.

For the last couple of years I tried to get back into the PCP world and had nothing but trouble with every PCP. They all went back to the dealer or factory for a refund.

If it wasn't for the fact that I'm spending a lot on ammo and a new AR build, I'd probably get another PCP and try again. For now, I'll stick to the springers which are still fun.

My springers are accurate but not like a good PCP. Here's a few photos.

The soup can was shot at 100 yards with the RWS Diana K98 in .177.

IMG_2279.jpg
Air Rifles.jpg

I use to own some Webley Axsor and Raider rifles. They were nice but I had reservations about no safety. So they were sold. Then I got into spring powered rifles when the first shortage of .22LR hit us.

I have a love-hate relationship with the Beeman / Weihrauch line. They have some bugs that needed worked out. So I got pretty good at air-gunsmithing and also installed the spring kits.

For the last couple of years I tried to get back into the PCP world and had nothing but trouble with every PCP. They all went back to the dealer or factory for a refund.

If it wasn't for the fact that I'm spending a lot on ammo and a new AR build, I'd probably get another PCP and try again. For now, I'll stick to the springers which are still fun.

My springers are accurate but not like a good PCP. Here's a few photos.

The soup can was shot at 100 yards with the RWS Diana K98 in .177.

View attachment 7435084View attachment 7435123

FYI, one of the most reliable and pain free PCP's for the money is a FX Royale 400 or 500. A simple rugged design that lacks POI shifts which is common for many PCP's including most represented in this thread. Buy it used for around $800. Mine was a $2000 retail rifle 8 years ago when I bought it new so it was this Co's flagship rifle at the time. Since then FX has gone downhill a bit.

Reactions: Longshot231
FYI, one of the most reliable and pain free PCP's for the money is a FX Royale 400 or 500. A simple rugged design that lacks POI shifts which is common for many PCP's including most represented in this thread. Buy it used for around $800. Mine was a $2000 retail rifle 8 years ago when I bought it new so it was this Co's flagship rifle at the time. Since then FX has gone downhill a bit.

FX is definitely a brand that's on my short list when I get the funs for it.

The problem with air guns is that they breed rather rapidly. Not only that, as you can tell from the previous photo, they are incestuous.

FX is the only airgun I will ever own.
Between myself and my besty, we have 6 or 7 rifles.

We have a new .35cal impact coming soon. If it shoots ill be do one of those next. We are moving to slugs and pill, getting off pellets. They won't fly good long range in any ..even light wind