• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Air stripper

woogie_man

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2010
Fargo, ND
Ok guys hear me out on this one if you will....

I am in the process of getting my Form 1 filled out and completed. And while the paper work is away I am going to finsih up on the drafts for the can, and hopefully be ready to go when the form gets back to me.

What I am worndering is this..... I have a few air rifles, and one of them has an air stripper at the end. I have read many places and many of the newer air rifles have this same part at the muzzle end. I don't think I have seen very many powder burning rifles that have an air stirpper at the end of them.

So I am wondering would an air stripper at the end of the muzzle, just before the suppressor stack, make any noticable difference in the sound from the rifle? Or am I just over thinking this, and puting to much thought into the end product?

I am planning on just making the can for a .22lr, so nothing to huge or anything like that.

Re: Air stripper

If you want your suppressed 22 to be as loud as it was unsuppressed sure you can put that air stripper (aka muzzle brake) into the barrel. Aside from that, no, dont do that.

Air Strippers on air rifles are evidence that those guys do not have any clue what they are doing. It's just that simple.

And I know EXACTLY what you are talking about.

But it does look cool. Which is how some of them get away with charging the same price as a legit integral suppressor to add one to a PCP. And looking cool is important...

That is why I was asking before I set my mind to making one.

That is the very straight forward answer that I was looking for! Thanks