• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns AIWB guys, need your input

Just a tip I saw the other day; Dr Scholls gel heel cup make a good AIWB wedge with a little 3M velcro I stick it to the holster body.

I think I saw that on an 8541Tactical video? Don’t think it was his idea either, just sounds like a cheap, comfortable option if you want to try a wedge.

Reactions: 308pirate
Mastermind tactics sells an AIWB pillow (AKA junk pillow) if interested. Pillows aren't for everyone. As I lost weight (going from 210 to 165) I found I needed as little volume as possible in the holster.

In general Mastermind makes some great low cost gear. I have 2 of their belts which are my go-to for AIWB, hiking, and general casual use. For OWB/gun games I use stiffer or 2 piece belts but I've found AIWB works best with a softer setup.

How are you liking the holster choice and is there anything you would change? AIWB is a little to uncomfortable for me so I go 2:30ish and have been pretty happy with long drives, sitting at restaurants etc. AIWB conceals way better but the downsides when I sit for a majority of the day just arnt worth it

Just a tip I saw the other day; Dr Scholls gel heel cup make a good AIWB wedge with a little 3M velcro I stick it to the holster body.

I think I saw that on an 8541Tactical video? Don’t think it was his idea either, just sounds like a cheap, comfortable option if you want to try a wedge.

I tried running the Dr. Scholls gel heel cup on my T1C Axis Slim holster. It's great for comfort but doesn't do a whole lot for me in terms of a wedge, the thickness of the insert just isn't enough and the gel compacts a little on top of it. For the price, I'd just stick with a purpose built holster wedge. I use the tear drop wedge from LAS Concealment.

I tried running the Dr. Scholls gel heel cup on my T1C Axis Slim holster. It's great for comfort but doesn't do a whole lot for me in terms of a wedge, the thickness of the insert just isn't enough and the gel compacts a little on top of it. For the price, I'd just stick with a purpose built holster wedge. I use the tear drop wedge from LAS Concealment.

To clarify, I can’t vouch for the mod (I don’t, and have never carrier AIWB). Just passing along what looked like a comfortable alternative.

To clarify, I can’t vouch for the mod (I don’t, and have never carrier AIWB). Just passing along what looked like a comfortable alternative.

Completely understood, was just throwing out my .02 on the mod for the OP or anyone else.

Reactions: Anb618
I run a G-code at 2 o'clock for my G43X with no cant. Wing but no wedge. I'm just shy of 6' and 165-lbs. I can slide it to 3 o'clock if I want pretty easily. Sometimes I'll carry like that if I'm driving a lot or have a jacket. In summer it usually stays in front. Shield Arms mags give me 15 +1 in a slim gun.

IMG_20210620_111220652.jpg

Last edited:
Everyones body is different, I found I needed a claw to help hide the gun and the wedge to keep it comfortable for extended periods of time. When I made the switch, waited for one of the “sale holidays” to order several to try out. I settled on a T1C for when I want an extra mag and a G-code inog with the fuzzy “suede like“ covering when I want to be a little lighter.

What's the purpose of them? Just a cushion to keep the bottom of the holster from digging into you? Or do they have other benefits (better concealment, easier draw, etc)?
The other (substantial) advantage of the wedge is pushing the muzzle out a bit so it’s not pointed towards your crease/main artery/balls during a reholster with live weapon.

The other (substantial) advantage of the wedge is pushing the muzzle out a bit so it’s not pointed towards your crease/main artery/balls during a reholster with live weapon.
Not untrue, but you really need to train reholstering with AIWB. A lot. I am sure you do, but getting your pelvis going forward to put more angle on the holster is a necessity.

Not untrue, but you really need to train reholstering with AIWB. A lot. I am sure you do, but getting your pelvis going forward to put more angle on the holster is a necessity.
Agreed. It is not something you should pursue unless you are willing to be very intentional about the process.

but getting your pelvis going forward to put more angle on the holster is a necessity.

I already do that when reholstering in IWB or OWB concealment holsters on my strong side (4 oclock). Only difference is I thrust the right hip rightwards (away from me)

Reactions: Choid
What's the purpose of them? Just a cushion to keep the bottom of the holster from digging into you? Or do they have other benefits (better concealment, easier draw, etc)?

Another benefit is that while the wedge pushes the muzzle forward, the butt of the gun gets pusher further into your abdomen which for some, aids in concealment without compromising being able to get a full grip on draw.

Update, got the holster in a few days ago. Ended up setting it up with the regular belt clip, wing without the little extension tip on the end, and a small flat neoprene pad from Harry's Holsters.

Conceals like nobody's business at 1 o'clock and surprisingly comfortable sitting on a chair or in a car seat.

I'm a convert.

The whole idea makes my dick hurt.

OWB from 3-5 for me please.

Reactions: Skunk
The whole idea makes my dick hurt.
I used to think like that until I gave it a fair shot.

It's actually more comfortable than anything on the side when seating in a car that has bolstered seats (the front seats of pretty much all cars today).

Zero printing if you lean or bend fwd.

Your hands need to move a lot less to get to the gun.

It's actually more comfortable than anything on the side when seating in a car that has bolstered seats (the front seats of pretty much all cars today).

'Mercia

image.jpg

No penis was flagged in the production of this picture.

I mean it's a Sig......you really want something that might go off on its own pointed at the family nut sack?

Last edited:
I run a G-code at 2 o'clock for my G43X with no cant. Wing but no wedge. I'm just shy of 6' and 165-lbs. I can slide it to 3 o'clock if I want pretty easily. Sometimes I'll carry like that if I'm driving a lot or have a jacket. In summer it usually stays in front. Shield Arms mags give me 15 +1 in a slim gun.

View attachment 7651190
View attachment 7651194
View attachment 7651195
I think this is the answer for me. I'm 6ft, 160-165lbs and wear tighter garments. Side Medium Shirt and 30 or 32 waist depending on maker.

I tried carrying a G19 appendix last summer when nobody was in the office and no matter the adjustments I made, it was obvious that something was there. I'm not sure being skinny helps if you don't wear baggy clothing with AIWB. I carry IWB at 4OC in a crossbreed supertuck and find it fairly comfortable but ready to take it off at the end of the day. I can get away with the tighter clothing options as long as my shirt has a pattern or is a dark shade, but I suspect thats the case with any IWB method.

When I did carry AIWB last summer, it was the most comfortable carry method I've tried. After the first day, I got over the "9mm pointed at my nuts". I had to abandon AIWB but always wanted to try your exact setup for a week.

Flying with a gun is the fucking worst. I hate it. As if airliner seats don't suck ass already...

Maybe I need to try what you're doing.

On long drives my wallet in my back pocket is more annoying than an AIWB Glock 19

5’8” 175lbs, athletic build, I run the trex arms IWB holster. It’s a g17 with SRO and x300v. It has their version of the modwing(such a difference), and I don’t have a wedge. I really like this holster.

I had a txc iwb with modwing and their wedge. I was not personally a fan of the wedge.

ABC81BE4-AC7F-4407-9B93-BAAA85C13188.jpeg

5'11 205 daily carry a canik elite combat executive in a slim fit holster light bearing holster with an olight valkyrie mini2. Drive truck sitting unless I'm unloading or loading with no discomfort. Also doesn't hurt my hip like carrying at 830 does

No wedge on g48 holster, thin wedge on the edc x9

Attachments

• 20210717_152056.jpg
    20210717_152056.jpg
    545.5 KB · Views: 133
Two weekends ago I drove to eastern PA for a handgun class. 8 hrs there (Friday traffic) and 7 hrs back. Much more comfortable with the pistol on my 1:30 compared to 4 o'clock.

Recently bought a Glock 19 and I'll be trying a Tenicor Velo for it. There's a long thread on pistol-forum about user experiences with that holster and particularly the changes Tenicor made for the Velo V4.

I have found AIWB Nirvana

Glock 19/RMR + Tenicor Velo4

IMG_20210820_165044.jpg

Molded wedge with no sharp edges or corners to dig into your skin
IMG_20210820_165114.jpg

Uses a molded hump to rotate the butt into your side instead of strut that catches on your waistband when you don the holster and scratches the shit out of your hand during the draw
IMG_20210820_165319.jpg

Also notice how the holster leaves the trigger guard exposed where the first knuckle of your middle finger sits. Most holster makers do not do this and it creates a ultra annoying rub spot when you draw. This is the first holster I have ever bought where I didn't have to fix this fuck up.

Reactions: Anb618