• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AK-47 Gurus, Need some help!

RECKON SO

Minuteman
Jul 7, 2009
Cullman Alabama
A buddy of mine showed me an AK 47 Ive never seen before. Granted I'm not real AK savvy this one was a "Hunter Edition?". It had a regular rifle style stock on it and no pistol grip. The rear of the reciever was slanted not flat. It had 290 or 390 "I forgot the exact#" stamped in a circle on the left side/front of the reciever. His understanding is that meant it was a genuine Norinco. I was wondering if I could find out more about it and maybe what a fair price range for selling it might be. Much obliged in advance.

Re: AK-47 Gurus, Need some help!

it is a norinco hunter model , the receiver is more like a valmet/galil type than a milled Ak, because the back is slanted, it is very dificult to convert to regular Ak configuration.
price range for one in good condition is around $400, a NIB about $500 and well used $350 or so.
hope this helps.

Re: AK-47 Gurus, Need some help!

I don't think so... My Dad had a norinco just like this. It's pretty weird. (This is directed at Maverick.)

ak47001.jpg

I doubt it's worth much more than $300-400.