• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AK scope rail

Tahunua001

Private
Minuteman
Jul 15, 2011
classified
hello all,
I am the proud owner of a DPMS sportical w/badger ordnance free float handguard and a century ak47 which, with the exception of needing some locktight on a screw, is an exceptional firearm. I have a nikon prostaff 3x9x40 on the AR15 so it's a tackdriver at 250 yards but at the moment nothing on the AK. I'm thinking about upping the AR to a SWFA SS 3x9x42 or a leupy VXIII 3.5-10x40 depending on availibility so I'm thinking it would be interesting to turn the ak into a 200 yard bruiser by putting the prostaff on it. which comes to my question.

does anyone know of any good scope rails for an AK?
I doubt it makes any difference but my AK is Romanian not polish.
any help is appreciated

Re: AK scope rail

me thinks the glass will get you to 200yd and beyond....but the boolit WILL leave you wanting.......just sayin

all things ar and ak is over at the real braintrust @ ar15dotcom

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">me thinks the glass will get you to 200yd and beyond....but the boolit WILL leave you wanting.......just sayin

all things ar and ak is over at the real braintrust @ ar15dotcom</div></div>

I know that's why I said "200 yard bruiser"
simply because 300 is about the maximum range of the derned thing haha. looking at federals ballistic charts though...6.5 inchs wind drift at 200y at 10mph, that's about the dookiest rifle round I've ever seen. I'd have to shoot on calm days and try not to sneeze days

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turbomilton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think this would work for what you are wanting.
http://www.texasweaponsystems.com/id1.html</div></div>
that's about as perfect a scope rail as I've seen for AKs. that really does look 10 times more legit than anything I've seen since I've started looking...about twice as much as the nearest competitor though, I think I'll start saving my dollars today... thank you so much