• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Alabama smith's?

Re: Alabama smith's?

there is a guy named jimmy in selma, cant remember his last name, which is his shop name, but ill post it if i think of it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: perkinsd_theone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hooper Ordnance.
I haven't personally used them yet but they were referred to me by a guy I shoot with. </div></div>

I haven't either but I see many say his bolt knob install is the best there is.

Isnt Billy Stevens from Alabama? If not him Jered and Dave (APA) are the next state over.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: offroadr1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">there is a guy named jimmy in selma, cant remember his last name, which is his shop name, but ill post it if i think of it. </div></div>

That is Jim McCullough. Well known bolt gun guy. Nice fellow to boot.

Of course we do everything here too.

I had a guy call and leave a message but he left no number. Was that you?(author of this thread?)

There's a smith that works thru Pop's Armory. His name is Tom not sure on the last name. He does alot of work thru Pop's. Pop's is located in Jemison, Al and Tom's shop is in Clanton.

www.popsarmory.com/

Call Pop's and he can get you Tom's info.

Jody Perry (JP Precision) has built several rifles for me as well as blueing and parkerizing. He is also a Garand expert.

One thing I really like about Jody: He will make you what YOU want. He will throat to your specs, build to your weight specs, full-length bed hunting rifles, etc. He does not mind building wildcats and will make sure that they feed from the magazine.

5r,

So we all want to know, who'd you choose?

Thanks,
DocB