• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Alaskan Moose...

RollingThunder51

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2009
U.S.A.

Karl Kampfeld, so busy he couldn't even finish his own build rifle for his Alaskan trip. A nice 68" and bagged just after setting up camp, thats right, night #1. Karl swears it was all luck, I doubt it! One heck of a moose.

Re: Alaskan Moose...

Nice Bull Karl!! Now the work begins. What part of AK was he in?

Holy shit that is big, nothing like that in VA that i have ever seen cept some women at wal mart. Congratulations

I have always wanted to go on a hunt like this. Congrats Karl on an amazing trophy!

WOW !!!!!! I just wish I had a wall that beast would fit on. A trophy like that would have to be a shoulder mount that would sit on the floor, and my lab could look up to it....

Great job,

And pleanty of good eats.....

MOOSE, It's whats for dinner..... For the next year!!!!

Man, thats one hell of a beast ! Awesome job ! What rifle and cal did you use ?

Not in Idaho either!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: motodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">jesus nice bull.they dont get that big here in wy. </div></div>

Good thing it was taken day 1 cuz it probably took the next 5 to get that thing out of the bush!
smile.gif

Congrats,

Rooter

Thats awesome! Looks like he'll have to go brace up the wall that he will be hanging that monster on. Congrats! Very nice animal.

Holy smokes.

I'd have to tear down a wall and put the studs on 6 inch centers just to hang that thing.

Congrats!

Man,
I've always wanted to do that. First day and a great Bull!

Sorry for the delay, Karl used a 7mm and fired once at approx. 350 yards. After cow calls, this monster emerged from the brush and Karl waited until he was confident that the moose was not coming any closer. Not sure of the weight, I'll ask him.

That is an awesome moose. I got one in North Idaho last year and they just don't get that big there! I would love to go to Alaska for a hunt like that. Congratulations again.

Wow that is huge hell I would have to raise my ceiling to mount that beast!

If only his arms were longer, it could appear even larger!

Beautiful animal none the less. Congrats

Tell Karl great moose, and to hurry up with my rifle! Maybe he wants to come shoot a little brown bear in Kodiak to match his moose? I'd love to have him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">7mm isn't that a little undergunned? </div></div>

I'd be pretty confident with a 7mm Win Mag for moose up here. Especially with the right bullet. I generally go a bit bigger myself, but that's mostly because of the proximity of Mr. Brown...

Gonna be one heck of a mount...Congrats to him...

What a trophy moose. Congratulations!!!! That is one big Moose