• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Alert: in stock Hornady 6.5 AG

This stuff has been in stock everywhere I have been locally last few days. Murdochs. Sportsmans. Cabelas. Piles of it. Not to say they just didn't stock it the day before I got there, but was on all the shelves.

This stuff has been in stock everywhere I have been locally last few days. Murdochs. Sportsmans. Cabelas. Piles of it. Not to say they just didn't stock it the day before I got there, but was on all the shelves.

If you can get it .78 a round, snatch it up for me. :)

1595964981742.png

Bought 3 cases this morning, didnt even make a dent in the 99+ remaining. I knew the price was pretty decent but did not think it would be sold out like that.

Reactions: deersniper
When did y’all get notified to be buying in the morning?

I didn’t get a text till 134 est

If you can get it .78 a round, snatch it up for me. :)

Negitage. $.95 a round. I dont shoot 6.5 cm but the way folks are talking it seemed like it was no where to be found. Just passing along the info... If someone is desperate looking, the local store 20 cent premium may be worth it rather then not having any at all.

Did not know that prime members get a notification before the general public. I usually wake up and check my regular go to sites for stuff I can not afford. lol

• Haha
^can

Lol

Hornady used to use nice plastic cans with a seal and latch.

Now the ones I get are glorified junk. Flimsy. No seal. Just a plastic “clamp”

^can

Lol

Hornady used to use nice plastic cans with a seal and latch.

Now the ones I get are glorified junk. Flimsy. No seal. Just a plastic “clamp”
All true ... but I transfer it into these cans anyway.
These are awesome - strong, stackable, great latch.

Luckily got 2 cans!!!👍 but there goes my weekly Bourbon budget👎

Last edited:
Shoots well. At least at 100 yards
(2) 3 shot groups from a Proof 6.5 in a Seekins sp10
D7E4FB65-9F1B-4EA5-AD92-37331E29B88C.jpeg
0B4DCE51-07E5-4F4A-BE7B-E1AC90EC5B7D.jpeg

And 5 shots from a button PVA 18” on a AI

D8FA715A-ED4F-4E21-B652-6D2FC4DA21C8.jpeg

Yeah this stuff sells like hotcakes, both my AR and bolt live this stuff

Just got back from a gas-gun competition at my local central Oregon range today. Used my LWRCI REPR MKII Elite in 6.5-CM shooting the Hornady 140gr AG ammo. I've done the work to set my zero while I chrono and ballistically nail my dope, and this gun/ammo combination didn't disappoint. I was ringing everything from 300-to-1,000 yards. When the range boss started taking us further, several lesser gas-guns walked away, but I was 5-for-5 out as far as 1,300 yards where they called it a day. The 140-AG's were spot on with the first shot at every distance ... with 12.8-Mils of elevation at 1,300 yards. Used to shoot the ELD-Match 147's that cost a lot more, but never again. I only hope Hornady keeps making this stuff ... oh ... and I hope the price goes down and availability improves.

That said, in the immortal words of Hillary Clinton ... "Hope is a feeling, not a strategy."

• Love
I’ve always had good luck up to 800 yds, after that it falls off .what elevation are you shooting at?and how big were the targets?

Just got back from a gas-gun competition at my local central Oregon range today. Used my LWRCI REPR MKII Elite in 6.5-CM shooting the Hornady 140gr AG ammo. I've done the work to set my zero while I chrono and ballistically nail my dope, and this gun/ammo combination didn't disappoint. I was ringing everything from 300-to-1,000 yards. When the range boss started taking us further, several lesser gas-guns walked away, but I was 5-for-5 out as far as 1,300 yards where they called it a day. The 140-AG's were spot on with the first shot at every distance ... with 12.8-Mils of elevation at 1,300 yards. Used to shoot the ELD-Match 147's that cost a lot more, but never again. I only hope Hornady keeps making this stuff ... oh ... and I hope the price goes down and availability improves.

That said, in the immortal words of Hillary Clinton ... "Hope is a feeling, not a strategy."

They've got the same 200 pack of AG in 123gr HPBT 6.5 Grendel. Tempted to pick one or two (or three, ha) up for my Grendel guns, the 140gr HPBT 6.5 Creed stuff from the American Gunner line just shoots soooooo damn well in my two 6.5CM bolts.

Got four of these in a sale a number of months ago ... the 6.5 Grendel American Gunner 123's ... great price, solid shooters (just like the 6.5-CM version). I wish Hornady did this with more of their ammo. Would love to see this form-factor in 300 WinMag.

Reactions: stilesg57