• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

allmost unbelievable even for kali

superman is bisexual and now this. What can they possibly think of next?

Reactions: BCP
In the near future, California Commuters.
1634055502457.png

Note it says "small gas engine." You just know someone is going to try to "hemi-swap" their weed eater... :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: nikonNUT
Note it says "small gas engine." You just know someone is going to try to "hemi-swap" their weed eater... :ROFLMAO:

Read it all, big engines are coming later.

So choid and f77 get a new letter? ATFI? I = internal combustion engines

Reactions: 308pirate
Border states will be lucrative for smuggling in engines.. best part, if caught all you gotta do is get a tan and say where’s my check now that I am here in espanolia and you’ll be turned loose

Reactions: 308pirate
A portable gas generator is about $600. I've been using one at my range often. How would one replace that?

I did not miss that. Homeowners that want freedom from outages are fucked unless they cover their roof with solar panels and put flammable ass batteries in their basement.
That will work as long as you do not agree to sell your excess power to the utility company.
They make it sound so good but if they declare an emergency then the utility company can take all of your power without paying you for it and distribute it as they see fit. The amount that the utility company can pay you is also capped by the government at a rate well below what the pay other utilities to buy power.

They make it sound so good but if they declare an emergency then the utility company can take all of your power without paying you for it and distribute it as they see fit.
That's why you engineer in a manual full isolation switch into the system.

Reactions: Fig
A portable gas generator is about $600. I've been using one at my range often. How would one replace that?
This
wp-content.png

All joking aside , you would be relegated to one of those portable plug and play "suitcase" solar generators . The cost is a little over a dollar a watt.
1500 watt solar gen is somewhere around $1600 dollars . Most have lithium batterys and are rated by amp hrs. Your limited on how long the battery bank will supply that wattage unless you add portable solar panels which isn't included in that price . Lots of different company's making them , but you are paying a hefty price compared to gas.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Im2bent
This
View attachment 7719785

All joking aside , you would be relegated to one of those portable plug and play "suitcase" solar generators . The cost is a little over a dollar a watt.
1500 watt solar gen is somewhere around $1600 dollars . Most have lithium batterys and are rated by amp hrs. Your limited on how long the battery bank will supply that wattage unless you add portable solar panels which isn't included in that price . Lots of different company's making them , but you are paying a hefty price compared to gas.
If y’all really want options that don’t involve saving all the ammo you frivolously waste so far behind enemy lines.. dewalt has a nice little inverter generator that is good for 1800continous 3600 startup and runs on 4 of their tool batteries. You can also charge your batteries with it. If you have a excuse to have other dewalt cordless tools it becomes downright ideal and cheaper than any little gas inverter/generator

Reactions: forrestgump01
I am absolutely against the emerging anti-carbon tyranny.

However, I just finished building a mobile solar power module for the construction of my next home. The site is remote and the local power company will only hook me up for free if there is a dwelling. To overcome this catch-22, I decided to go with Lithium batteries and solar because it is quiet like the surroundings and will later serve as fixed backup system.

Battery capacity is 10 kWh with sustained output of 7000 Watt (10,000 W peak) on 220/110 Volt. For you electro-phobes here, that is 1.4 hours of running 7 space heaters at 1000 Watt each, or more realistically, 20 hours of a 500 Watt load. (1 kWh = 1 kilo Watt hours = 1000 Watt hours. You get the runtime by dividing the Watt hour capacity by the power drain in Watt).

I am not going through 10 kWh per work day so the mobile solar array is only rated at 1.2kW (4 panels) which will put ~4kWh in the battery bank over the course of an average day. I expect the solar panels to cover most if not all of the power needed for a work day and the battery is there for the proverbial rainy days. If the solar generation turns out to be insufficient, I can add a few of the other 16 panels that I bought for the finished house.

Here is the cost breakdown:

Brand new 300W solar panels were $90 each from a ReStore, Habitat for Humanities' version of Goodwill. Charge controller was another $280 from egay.

Figure ~$100 for 1 kWh of battery storage if you shop around at places that sell reject modules from the automotive industry. These modules are dimensionally off spec and cannot be used for robotic assembly but they are electrically virgin. To keep the battery pack balanced, I snagged a suitable BMS for $100.

I spent $800 each on two new 3500 Watt Outback inverters by pouncing on a liquidation sale. These inverters are top of the line quality and synchronized via a TCP/IP network to obtain the 60Hz 220/100 Volt split-phase output. They are so quiet that I thought they were broken when I fired up the system for the first time. Perfect sine wave on the oscilloscope. The remote control panel was another $100 after waiting a few weeks for the right deal.

So, a 7000 W, quiet as a mouse, purest sine wave, 220/110 Volt generator cost me $640 for solar, $1100 for batteries, and $1700 for the inverters at a grand total of ~3500 dollars including miscellaneous bits and bobs. That is not bad at all, especially if you consider that this will be the back bone of my house backup and solar augmentation system after grid hookup. The inverters switch over from grid to battery without interruption like a computer UPS. Going by my current power consumption it would also be enough for off-grid life but I don't know how much power I currently save by working about half of the week in an R&D lab.

Speaking of work, one of my projects is designing and testing hybrid drive systems for VTOL aircraft. A gas turbine provides the base load and an electric motor the peak demands as well as rapid changes, that the turbine is to slow to respond to. The challenge there is the amount of electrical power to be controlled. We are looking at 300 Amps @ 800 Volt DC input for the smallest configuration. The torque delivery of the electric motor is so brutal that it would destroy gearbox or drive components if fully opened up at low rpm. If you want to judge (hybrid) electric propulsion systems, you should take a ride in a dual motor Tesla switched to "insane" mode and not in a fucking Prius.

What I am trying to say is that there are some very valid applications for "green(er)" technologies. The problem is that this is currently pushed by a toxic political agenda and often against technical merit.

Last edited:
If you want, I can run a back-of-the-envelope scenario here with links to the components as an educational exercise for everyone.

What is your peak demand (like startup of motors) and your average demand? What are typical days and hours of operation and what state/location are we talking about?

That will work as long as you do not agree to sell your excess power to the utility company.
They make it sound so good but if they declare an emergency then the utility company can take all of your power without paying you for it and distribute it as they see fit. The amount that the utility company can pay you is also capped by the government at a rate well below what the pay other utilities to buy power.
If you go with grid-tie solar you need to know how to hack it for off-grid use in case the SHTF. In principle, you need another inverter to fake the missing grid but the devil is in the details.

Last edited:
If you want, I can run a back-of-the-envelope scenario here with links to the components as an educational exercise for everyone.

What is your peak demand (like startup of motors) and your average demand? What are typical days and hours of operation and what state/location are we talking about?
I'm not in Cali (thankfully). I have three portable generators, mostly as backups, but lately it's been running two concrete mixers, so probably 2500w running, but with a startup load.

I'm probably going to do a small solar/deep cell battery to run 12v lights for night (dusk) shooting a few hours, a few nights/week.

Your expertise would be wasted on my small project, however a separate thread I would certainly read..

Reactions: FWoo45 and Lawless
I'm not in Cali (thankfully). I have three portable generators, mostly as backups, but lately it's been running two concrete mixers, so probably 2500w running, but with a startup load.

I'm probably going to do a small solar/deep cell battery to run 12v lights for night (dusk) shooting a few hours, a few nights/week.

Your expertise would be wasted on my small project, however a separate thread I would certainly read..
Yes, if someone has a project in mind, please start a new thread.

Don't be silly , planes will need to use wind power . You just put a wind turbine on the front of the plane and it will generate power as it is flying .
It's so easy to understand if you just stop and try to think like AOC does.
Well you will have to get it started.
Kamala could eisily suck start it for you.

This is gonna suck for the fellas in NOCAL working in the reprod lumber industry. I guess it’s back to the 2 man crosscut saws for felling 🙄😉

There are applications that electric/battery excels at. I am a huge proponent of battery tools where they make sense and work. I also know that a Stihl MS440 cannot currently be matched by anything electric and those guys in forestry in Kali are screwed.

California is creating jobs!

When I get fired for being a conservative I will just start running gas powered lawn equipment across the CA border, lol.

Unless you are rich and buy a Tesla. Rich people will have electric offroad stuff that is super awesome too, Tesla probably. Meanwhile the poor people will get to watch them through binoculars because they cannot afford access to the forest.
They want the poor's on the bus and train only.

Zero Faction are relocated to dormitories adjacent to their place of work.
As they have no credit access, they rely completely on the benevolence of the World Authority.
😔