• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Alpha Class Long Range Scope Review - TT, ZCO, Schmidt, March, Vortex

New lower prices for S&B are showing for me too, and if you have an le/mil discount available on your account at euro the pricing of the DT27 and DT35 models might really surprise you. Several variants of the 5-25 are priced higher than the 6-36...

At the old prices I figured I'd never try one, but at the new prices I'm very tempted to pick up a DTII+ 6-36 and try one. If it hadn't just bought 2 razor gen 3's from Liberty during their 4th of July sale I'd have a 6-36 DTII+ ordered, lol

Reticle selection is the sticking point though. All my current S&Bs have the H2CMR which I like for my uses, so the P5FL kind of keeps that simplicity and an uncluttered, open image. However, I think I'd prefer a minimal / unobtrusive grid like the Gen 3XR or the Athlon APRS, so that leaves the gr2id. To me the gr2id reticle is a bit too cluttered with all the vertical lines of dots at every full mil of windage and the wider spaced lines of dots on the 1/2 mil elevation increments. That being said, I've never looked through a scope with the gr2id and am only going by pictures; maybe it's not *too* cluttered when looking through the scope.

*snip* I am most anticipating your thorough review of not just the Schmidt 6-36 but also the TT 7-35, ZCO 8-40 along with the TT 5-25 and Vortex 6-36 - that will provide an excellent baseline and insight for where these new scopes fall into the grand scheme of things.

That will be an exciting review by DLO!

I could see a skink doing its mating dance at over 200y
EAC2AF6F-3C3C-45D0-81EA-456F062BE555.jpeg
C2F22A0D-DAEA-41CB-AB3D-1ADE19DA2DB2.jpeg

I ❤️ the scots