• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Alpha mag availability?

Dusty

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2003
Louisiana
Has anyone purchased the type 1 mags lately, and have the quality control issues been resolved. There website shows them instock, but couldn't get in touch with the owner by email or phone today, to verify it.

I will say that the 300 WSM is extremely tight in my magwell. Won't come out without a good bit of force. This is my first one so I'm not sure if that's the norm.

Last edited:
Ordered some on the 12th. They have yet to arrive.

Did you get shipping/tracking info? I ordered 2 on Monday and have received nothing besides the confirmation email/receipt. I have emailed twice asking if they shipped, etc. No response...wondering if I just set $132 on fire..

Did you get shipping/tracking info? I ordered 2 on Monday and have received nothing besides the confirmation email/receipt. I have emailed twice asking if they shipped, etc. No response...wondering if I just set $132 on fire..

I had a significant delay in March between ordering and shipping (over 2 weeks). This is not the owners principle occupation. If you paid with cc, contact them for a potential chargeback or wait it out a few more weeks.

I had a significant delay in March between ordering and shipping (over 2 weeks). This is not the owners principle occupation. If you paid with cc, contact them for a potential chargeback or wait it out a few more weeks.

Thanks- I don't mind the wait....As long as there is communication. There is no information on the website indicating that there is any significant delay in shipment/receipt following an order. It just says;

Brand: Alpha Industries Manufacturing
Product Code: Type1
Availability: In Stock

Price: $62.00

The problem is absolutely no CS ie; response to emails, information in confirmation email regarding shipping/processing delays, etc. All he had to do is reply and say "hey, it will be 10-14 days on your mags but they are coming". Boom..done deal and I wait quietly and will factor that in to my next order from him. Luckily, I ordered an Accurate Mag from Brownells which arrived in 3 days...so when my chassis arrives next week, I will at least have one mag.

Thanks- I don't mind the wait....As long as there is communication. There is no information on the website indicating that there is any significant delay in shipment/receipt following an order. It just says;

Brand: Alpha Industries Manufacturing
Product Code: Type1
Availability: In Stock

Price: $62.00

The problem is absolutely no CS ie; response to emails, information in confirmation email regarding shipping/processing delays, etc. All he had to do is reply and say "hey, it will be 10-14 days on your mags but they are coming". Boom..done deal and I wait quietly and will factor that in to my next order from him. Luckily, I ordered an Accurate Mag from Brownells which arrived in 3 days...so when my chassis arrives next week, I will at least have one mag.

Other than the initial order # email, I never received another response. I did have a slight heads up that they might be on their way via my cc company. Apparently, there are two status options for funds on cc's pending and something else. When you place the online order your card has a pending charge against it, but most online retailers don't actually finish the transaction until they ship. I was in the process of doing a chargeback when the CS rep said that my pending charge had changed to finalized status earlier that day. I decided to give him 7 days before proceeding with the chargeback. The mags showed up in 4 days.

I too got an Accurate Mag just in case and it works flawlessly. It will most likely just be a matter of time, good luck.

Alpha mags have spotty CS and quality. I and two others I know have had problems with these mags, which is a large enough sample size to say never again. Stick with AICS or Accurate Mag.

Other than the initial order # email, I never received another response. I did have a slight heads up that they might be on their way via my cc company. Apparently, there are two status options for funds on cc's pending and something else. When you place the online order your card has a pending charge against it, but most online retailers don't actually finish the transaction until they ship. I was in the process of doing a chargeback when the CS rep said that my pending charge had changed to finalized status earlier that day. I decided to give him 7 days before proceeding with the chargeback. The mags showed up in 4 days.

I too got an Accurate Mag just in case and it works flawlessly. It will most likely just be a matter of time, good luck.

FYI-still no mags or any replies from Alpha on this order. Called again today and left a message and sent a contact form from the site. Went ahead and ordered two more Accurate Mags from Brownells which will be here tomorrow.

Looking forward to meeting you at Woodys next weekend-sounds like it will be fun...

I have always received my Alpha Mags when I have ordered them. You just have to be patient and can't expect much communication. One day, they will just show up.

i got 3 type 1s in hand if anybody needs some. they have been ran in some matches and got some scuffs but function fine. i ran them with a surgeon scalpel 260. i do $50 per shipped

an alternative on the cheap:

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...conversion-m5-aics-type-bm-rem-700-shown.html

i had a question about the type 1, left a message on his cell, he got back to me really quick and had good info. it was late last year though. as commented in an above post, not his only source of income. if i remember correctly, i think he's a firefighter or something like that.

perhaps something unfortunate happened to him or family, seems like a stand up guy and wouldn't expect him blowing customers off, i hope nothing bad happened.

Update*******

Ordered 5/19. Just got an email this afternoon that my order of 2 Type 1 mags finally shipped. So a month and two days in case anyone is planning to order...