• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Alpha mags still GTG?

5RWill

Optics Fiend
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 15, 2009
    Mississippi
    I know there was hiatus at some point about how they were failing to meet orders and there was months of wait.Though he currently has the WSM mags in stock which is all i want. Has anyone used them recently?

I ordered a type four ten round mag a couple of weeks ago. Should be showing up anytime according to the person I talked to on the phone at Alpha. I already have a type three seven round that I am real happy with.

Well ordered a Type 3 WSM Tuesday, been charged, but have no confirmation of the order other than the paypal receipt. Can't find the status on the site and haven't received a shipping notification. Does it usually take a while for him to ship out a mag?

Yeah, years from what Ive gathered. Cant say whether hes picked the business back up again or not though but I would doubt it.

Damn i wish you would chimed in when i started the thread, i'd have just gone accurate.

I would love to pick up a couple Alpha 2's, but don't dare until things get consistent again.

Damn i wish you would chimed in when i started the thread, i'd have just gone accurate.

IME, slow, yes. Years, no. Worst I remember hearing was a couple of months. I recall someone stating the owner is a fireman full-time and does this on the side. I have 7 mags ordered separately and always got what I paid for.

I guess I got a little lucky, I placed an order for a type 2 mag on May 6th and got it this past monday or tuesday, so right at 10 days or so for me.

I guess I got a little lucky, I placed an order for a type 2 mag on May 6th and got it this past monday or tuesday, so right at 10 days or so for me.

Did you go through paypal? And could you find your order on the site? I registered and went through paypal although my paypal email is different from the one i registered with, there's no history of my order when i go to order history.

Chris Parker is the proprietor of Alpha mags. Alot of people in my neck of the woods as well as myself use his mags & are satisfied with them. But yes, unfortunately Chris has developed a reputation for being slow on order fulfilment. Sometimes alot. He is a wildlands firefighter and yes this interferes with his business on occasion. I suspect he is a person that is not terribly well organized but everyone I know personally are happy with his product. My smith had a standing order for 10 or so of his magazines and was lamenting the tardiness of a recent order from Alpha with me the other day when low and behold he received a phone call from Chris apologizing for the the order delay. Chris told him he'd get the order in the mail asap and throw in an extra free mag for the hassel. Sure enough the order showed up 4 days later with a free extra mag. If you're in a hurry for a mag, Alpha is probably not the best choice. But he makes some unique products and if you have the time and aren't in a rush for your product, chances are good you'll get your order eventually! On the other hand I've gotten orders filled from Chris two weeks on other occasions. A little "hit & miss" I guess but I believe him to be an honest guy that's just too many irons in the fire at times.

Been well over a month since I ordered a type 3. No mag and no return emails either?

I mean i'm in no rush, the rifle isn't done. The reason i ordered was to avoid the delay of waiting on the next batch. I just at least want a confirmation that he got the order. I have an email from paypal authorizing the payment and a registration email but can't find any verification that the order was placed.

Pay your fee and hope he gets around to it. Nice mags or not his customer service and order fulfilment are shit. How/why anybody hasn't heard about this and continue to do business with him are beyond me.

The ARC mags will likely be the final nail in the coffin he's been building for years.

I've got some alpha 2's I'll be letting go once the arc mags hit shelves

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Aren't the arc mags already out?

I placed my order on a type 2 3 weeks ago and no reply. I am thinking of canceling but assume his refunds will take longer than filling the orders.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Pay your fee and hope he gets around to it. Nice mags or not his customer service and order fulfilment are shit. How/why anybody hasn't heard about this and continue to do business with him are beyond me.

The ARC mags will likely be the final nail in the coffin he's been building for years.

Is ted going to do calibers like 300wsm/saum?

Kind of feel the same as Utah Shooter cancelling might be an even bigger hassle

I ordered a couple months back. Same situation. I freaked out a little but they came after about 3-4 weeks. I don't think the status is accurate.

Well after some debate with myself I have decided to cancel my order. Sucks he cannot even respond to emails.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Cancelling is easy, email, dispute charge with CC company. I had these mags years ago. Nothing but problems. Sold em, moved on. I just feel bad for the guys that keep going for a ride on the "you'll get what you paid for if/when I get around to it" merry-go-round.

Still waiting on mine. Not sure there are a lot of options for SAUM with out modifications.

Just to update my mag shipped last week some time, should be here today. So roughly 3 weeks give or take.

Good to know. Maybe hes in a rush to get some out and name recognition before the ARC mag enters the double stack single feed market.

Save yourself the headache and buy something else. Alpha mags might be the best thing since sliced bread, but his CS and wait times are ridiculous. After two months of waiting I cancelled my order for two mags that I called to verify they were in stock!!! The guy's business practices are a joke.

Save yourself the headache and buy something else. Alpha mags might be the best thing since sliced bread, but his CS and wait times are ridiculous. After two months of waiting I cancelled my order for two mags that I called to verify they were in stock!!! The guy's business practices are a joke.

Mine's actually on delivery for today. Though admittedly if i'm in need of a mag then i wouldn't go to Alpha. Too much uncertainty in when i was going to receive the product.

Mine's actually on delivery for today. Though admittedly if i'm in need of a mag then i wouldn't go to Alpha. Too much uncertainty in when i was going to receive the product.

His unpredictable delivery times are part of the problem. I posted about this on the 6.5 SAUM FB page when I was having problems and got a few guys that said the same thing you did. But a lot of guys - I would say the majority - are in my boat. His email response was childish: "I wait over six months for a custom built rifle, I'm sorry you can't wait a while for a couple mags." Hahaha! Yeah, right bud.

Mine arrived in a timely manner back at the beginning of 2017 but they bulge out with 10 rounds in them and will not fit in my Badger M5 DBM or XLR Chassis, I am hoping ARC mags will be better.

Mine arrived in a timely manner back at the beginning of 2017 but they bulge out with 10 rounds in them and will not fit in my Badger M5 DBM or XLR Chassis, I am hoping ARC mags will be better.

I did notice it was tight in my 700/T4 build. But it fit fine in my APA DBM that's set aside for the SAUM.

His email response was childish: "I wait over six months for a custom built rifle, I'm sorry you can't wait a while for a couple mags."

I have two of his mags. Bought them about 3 yrs ago, and they arrived relatively quickly. But with that kind of attitude, those will be the last two.

Well this guy runs his business like a deadbeat. Irrespective of his day time profession I will treat others the way they treat me. Paid for two Type 4 mags ~ 2 months ago, waited a month/6 weeks before sending him email given his nature - nothing, so filed a PP dispute and they gave him 3 weeks to respond - didnt. Sorry - the guy is an irresponsible idiot who doesnt know basic human decency.

Sorry - the guy is an irresponsible idiot who doesnt know basic human decency.
    I think you need to check yourself. You ordered a few magazines and didn't get them, but got your money back? Get over it.

I personally wouldn't say something on the internet that I wouldn't say to someones face...