• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Alpha Mags with 7WSM

jcann

7mm Shooter
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2012
Fly Over Country
I've got a Winchester with a hinged floor plate and I'm debating going with CDI bottom metal or keeping it as is. What concerns me most is the alpha mags have a max COAL of 2.97" and my current set up has a COAL of 3.04". My rifle is strictly for hunting and I would like to have the extra round capacity for the hog population but I will also need the extra length to chase the lands in the future. What would ya'll do?

Same here. I run 2.96 on my 7mm RSAUM in Alpha Mags with no issue. Watch your meplats though. I trim my berger hybrids to make sure they are consistent. Hybrids are pretty forgiving on jump so hopefully I don't have to chase lands.

Last edited:
I recently built a 300 WSM with a CDI bottom metal for an upcoming elk hunt and use Alpha mags for it. Go for it, works like a champ.

I'm using a Bighorn short action with Krieger 26" HV in a KMW Sentinel stock with integrated mounting block. I have not had any feeding issues.