• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Alpha Mags

I've had 50/50 luck with Alpha Mags, I have two type ones that were made in 2010 that functioned perfectly so I got another but had nothing but issues. No matter what amount of feed lip bending or magazine spring stretching I did, it would not function reliably. Called and called, left messages, and finally got a hold of Chris who said he was sending me a brand new one and I could keep the old one from my troubles. Waited and waited, called back again a couple times and got Chris on the phone once again...he apologized and said that he apparently sent the magazine to the wrong address. He sent another one, which did arrive but by that time I was fed up, I'd already ordered two AI 10 rounders from Triad and posted the Alpha mags up the day the replacement came in. Pretty much all I run now are AI mags and haven't had any issues amongst two different manufactuer's bottom metals and an AI chassis.

I understand Alpha Mags are Chris' second job but at a point it gets a little ridiculous.

I had gotten a Type 2 a while back but since my action wasn't clearenced for the longer COL it just wouldn't work. The rounds loaded shorter would edge forward in the mag and catch the bullet tip on the front of the action. This is 100% MY issue as I didn't have the aciton clearenced for it. So I sold the mag.

I just recieved a Type 1 and it works great but the edge on the feed lips does dig into the brass a bit, so I plan to just file/sand the lip edge to fix the digging on the brass. Overall I'm happy with it, but I do think they should be de-burring things a bit better to avoid this issue and obviously CS needs to improve if so many are having problems and not getting them resolved.

I am going to hold fire on blasting the guy for a little while longer, but I had CDI metal installed specifically to use the Type II magazines. One of my mags quit feeding, and I sent it back to him on 1/19 (he stated in email that he would replace it). No contact since then.

My load is too long for standard magazines, so I'm very concerned about this. I don't know why he can't just return an email.

I have 3 Alpha type 1 mag's and they work good. When I first got them they wouldn't feed, and the problem turned out to be the bedding in the stock. I got a HS Precision tactical stock that had been bedded to a DBM, without a name on it, for my 40X across the course rifle, in .308. The stock fit the rifle good, but I found that the DBM floorplate had been cut a little to deep, and after trying different shims, I found some 5/16 thin washers that when put under the floorplate, solved all of the feeding problems. The mag's hold 10 rounds and feed 100 % of the time.

Alpha Ind. is at this point nothing more than a scam. Sorry but too much smoke to not be fire. I ordered 2 got one. contacted him he sent the wrong mag for 2nd. apologized and said he would send the replacement right out. Now nothing he has been dark for 2 months. i can only assume since he doesn't answer phone or email he is out of business or scammer choose your pref. There is no excuse for continuing to take peoples money if you are incapable of coming through that's called dishonest and fraud. To say he is a "good guy" isn't accurate he isn't or he wouldn't continue to knowingly be screwing people over. it's one thing if you run into a tough spot but look at this thread 2 years of not returning calls or emails and not following through on commitments yet still he takes our money.

Alpha Ind. is at this point nothing more than a scam. Sorry but too much smoke to not be fire. I ordered 2 got one. contacted him he sent the wrong mag for 2nd. apologized and said he would send the replacement right out. Now nothing he has been dark for 2 months. i can only assume since he doesn't answer phone or email he is out of business or scammer choose your pref. There is no excuse for continuing to take peoples money if you are incapable of coming through that's called dishonest and fraud. To say he is a "good guy" isn't accurate he isn't or he wouldn't continue to knowingly be screwing people over. it's one thing if you run into a tough spot but look at this thread 2 years of not returning calls or emails and not following through on commitments yet still he takes our money.

did you use a credit card?
Dispute the charges before it's to late.

Shit, I just ordered an Alpha Type 3 and Type 4 magazine today at the recommendation of CDI for my 6.5 SAUM build!

Unfortunately since i gave him the benefit of the doubt and kept trying to work with him the cc company says i waited too long. My guess is he knows this and is dragging things out until its past the deadlines with people. Word to the wise. DO NOT DEAL WITH ALPHA INDUSTRIES THEY ARE NOT STAND UP PEOPLE. Fact is you will loose money on an inferior product with unacceptable communication.

Still waiting on my replacements.

Who else makes a magazine that will take 2.950 COAL? Is there ANY other way to make that happen?

The stock fit the rifle good, but I found that the DBM floorplate had been cut a little to deep, and after trying different shims, I found some 5/16 thin washers that when put under the floorplate, solved all of the feeding problems.

This is what I have long suspected and questioned. Because if you have too much bedding under the action, barrel, or lug the mag wouldn't be high enough for the bolt to strip rounds vs. the problem you report. Not to mention what will happen if you alter the angle of the action, barrel slightly elevated in the barrel channel. There is obviously a finite set of dimensions that need to be matched (for a 700 type action) to replicate correct feeding as with BDL bottom metal. I've just never seen it anywhere.

To the person asking about loading out to 2.950, I think you can get around 2.9 if you remove the plate in the front from an AI mag. If you search this forum, you'll find that answer.

To the person that ordered the mags for a 6.5 SAUM, I guess you'll have to wait and see. I think you will get your product. I can tell you that I never got any replies via email from Alpha, but I did receive the mags I ordered. I hope this works out for everybody in some way.

Accurate Mags makes a similar mag with the front binder removed to allow for longer OAL as well. I ordered 2 Accurate mags from PTG. Had them in hand in 5 days from order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Accurate Mags makes a similar mag with the front binder removed to allow for longer OAL as well. I ordered 2 Accurate mags from PTG. Had them in hand in 5 days from order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking that this is the way to go, are they identical to the AI mags? & are the Alpha the only "double stack" design?

I gave up hope waiting for a reply. If this is your second job, quit the first or sell your company to someone that can produce a quality product with customer service..

FTW.. 2 accurate mags on the way now

I ordered 2 mags first week of February. One 308 one SAUM. They were here in a week and a half. The 308 magazine catch was too tall so it has to be ground down.

I ordered 2 mags first week of February. One 308 one SAUM. They were here in a week and a half. The 308 magazine catch was too tall so it has to be ground down.

That is at least somewhat reassuring. They were listed "In Stock" on the website, but the order is still "Processing" after four days. I'll give him until mid next week before calling.

Alpha Mags

Mildot, I'm not sure. The height of the Accurate is just a little over 4.5 inches tall. I don't have an AI 10 rounder to measure it against. I wish I had ordered these first instead of wasting my time with the Alpha's. Oh and the Accurate Mags load as flawlessly as my AI 5 rounders.

Last edited:
Maybe I got lucky, but It took less than a week to get a 10 round mag from them and it functions in my Surgeon bottom metal without a problem.

I have two, they load up great but for 6.5CM they're not as smooth loading as for the .308 that they're intended for. No big suprise there then...

Delivery of mine was swift and without issue.

I received the magazines today (21st). I placed the order on the 5th and they shipped the 14th. They look good, but I won't get to test them until the rifle comes back from Manner's next week.

I bought some Alpha WSM mags, one batch in Summer 2011. They're painted, have a machined delrin follower, and work fine. I called Chris, he picked up first ring, he had what I wanted in stock and shipped the same day I ordered.

The 2nd couple mags I bought Summer last year from the website. They came in timely fashion, fit my DBM a little tighter, but still function great. They're blued and have a moulded plastic follower.

I'm just in this thread to speak up as someone that's had a positive experience with the product and customer service. You never hear people say anything when something's working well.

I also had a good experience with them but I think the issue develops when there is a problem. It would seem that if anything goes wrong this company just ignores the customer.
That is a problem.

Sure, people having unresolved problems is a problem. That said, I don't think a thread where everyone gets to air out their laundry is useful at getting a resolution.

I read plenty of threads where people get upset about a scratch or a ding in their $5000 rifle or how they've been neglected by some company/person for a couple days. I don't read as many threads about people being happy with whichever product. I understand the demand for instant gratification and 100% satisfaction, but everyone's human. There can be lots of legitmate reasons for 'poor cusotmer service.' It can't be any easier for a one-man operation either.

So I'm just here to say I have had a few positive experiences over a few years. That's all.

Sure, people having unresolved problems is a problem. That said, I don't think a thread where everyone gets to air out their laundry is useful at getting a resolution.

I read plenty of threads where people get upset about a scratch or a ding in their $5000 rifle or how they've been neglected by some company/person for a couple days. I don't read as many threads about people being happy with whichever product. I understand the demand for instant gratification and 100% satisfaction, but everyone's human. There can be lots of legitmate reasons for 'poor cusotmer service.' It can't be any easier for a one-man operation either.

So I'm just here to say I have had a few positive experiences over a few years. That's all.

Have you read the issues people on this thread are having?????
It's not about a scratch or ding. These people paid money and didn't get the product at all. Others got defective product and never got a response from the company,,,,at all.
I am not sure what your point is but if these things happened to you I would hope you would warn other people about the potential problems in dealing with this company.

I did read the thread.

However, that is not my experience. Do I not get to state my experience here?

I did read the thread.

However, that is not my experience. Do I not get to state my experience here?

You absolutely do.
I have had a great experience also.
Your comments earlier seemed like you were chastising the victims of bad service and faulty products.
If I read it wrong I apologize.

My experience was fine... ordered an Alpha WSM mag and got it right away... dang, I guess I was lucky!
It works great in my Surgeon.

I got out to the range today to test my 7 & 10 round WSM mags and they fed flawlessly from the CDI DBM. So did the 7 round Accurate WSM mag I procured "just in case".

Hey Everyone,
After a short stint with a POS manufacturer, I am now back to the Alpha gig. After I turned this over to Chris about 5 years ago so I could concentrate on USO, I have now decided to come back and get this thing running smoothly. As you all know Chris has a full time job at the fire department and isn't able to spend enough time on Alpha.

We have moved the company, along with all of my manufacturing equipment to a new facility in Fullerton, CA. If you have any needs please call me at the shop, 657-217-5214. If I don't answer the phone please leave a message and I will get back to you ASAP. Also, the new address of the company is as follows;
Alpha Industries & Manufacturing
743 S. St. College Blvd. Suite 84
Fullerton, CA 92831

I do not have an email address set up for Alpha, but you can also contact me on my personal email, [email protected]

We have plenty of all mag types in stock and ready to ship.
Thank you,
John III

Hey Everyone,
After a short stint with a POS manufacturer, I am now back to the Alpha gig. After I turned this over to Chris about 5 years ago so I could concentrate on USO, I have now decided to come back and get this thing running smoothly. As you all know Chris has a full time job at the fire department and isn't able to spend enough time on Alpha.

We have moved the company, along with all of my manufacturing equipment to a new facility in Fullerton, CA. If you have any needs please call me at the shop, 657-217-5214. If I don't answer the phone please leave a message and I will get back to you ASAP. Also, the new address of the company is as follows;
Alpha Industries & Manufacturing
743 S. St. College Blvd. Suite 84
Fullerton, CA 92831

I do not have an email address set up for Alpha, but you can also contact me on my personal email, [email protected]

We have plenty of all mag types in stock and ready to ship.
Thank you,
John III

That's great news! I have a couple type 4 mags and they work great in my 6.5 saum. My biggest complaint though was the month they took to receive and the lack of communication (emails and phone calls) when I tried to find out when I was going to receive them. I will be getting ahold of you soon to order some more type 4 as well as type 2. Sounds like it will me a much smoother process this time around.