• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Alpha mags?

dulla

Private
Minuteman
May 5, 2012
South Australia, Australia
Going back a few months there was some talk about alpha mags having some supply issues and also some problems with reliable feeding etc. I'm in need of some mags for a new manners stock and was wondering if anyone knows if the issues have been sorted out yet?

Re: Alpha mags?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dulla</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Going back a few months there was some talk about alpha mags having some supply issues and also some problems with reliable feeding etc. I'm in need of some mags for a new manners stock and was wondering if anyone knows if the issues have been sorted out yet? </div></div>

I just got an Alpha Type 2 earlier in the month. It arrived in 3 days, so I think the supply issues have been worked out.
I did have a minor issue with it feeding reliably. The rounds were going nose first into the feed ramp of the rifle, which caused the nose to be forced up, and the tail of the round to be pivoted down under the bolt face. I used a pair of pliers and eased the forward end of the lips open a hair (.04 inches), the mag feeds 100% now. For me, that's worth it, I'll be getting another one.

Thanks for the replies, yes I've dealt with Danny from delta tactical before and wouldn't hesitate to again, not too keen on having to make adjustments to a brand new item but i might give it a go and decide after trialling it as to whether I get more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dulla</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the replies, yes I've dealt with Danny from delta tactical before and wouldn't hesitate to again, not too keen on having to make adjustments to a brand new item but i might give it a go and decide after trialling it as to whether I get more. </div></div>

No problem.

I have ran alpha and AI mags with seekins bottom metal in my T2. Sold the alpha, much prefer the AI. Smoother feeding and no bulging. Some say the alphas don't bulge now, but the AI mags work so well why bother with the worry.

I had feeding and bulging issues with the Alpha Type 2 that I had. Went back to the AICS and have had no issues. Too much work involved to get them to feed right. The bulging on a full magazine made loading and unloading the magazine difficult unless the magazine was close to empty. I was using a Surgeon DBM.

I don't have any significant bulging on my alpha, even loaded to 11 it locks in the magwell without any effort.
just fyi.