• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Alphabetties get roasted.

NO. Those libtards don't own hair color. Fuck'em!

rv53lSj-_400x400.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Makinchips208
I've been shooting my S&W M&P 2.0 10mm for about 8 months now and it's not all that snappy, more than a 9mm but less than a 44mag revolver , of course if you shoot full power 220 gr bear loads the recoil is noticeablely more snappy but that's expected, I usually practice with AAC 180gr fmj , but got some blazer 180 fmj for my last range session and noticed that they were a little more snappy than the AAC , must be closer to the original fbi load.

Isn't it a bebunked myth that the FBI couldn't handle a 10mm recoil?
I thought it was a combination of recoil and larger grip size due to the 10mm cartridge’s length.

They down loaded the 10mm for recoil, which was fine but still the grip was too large for smaller-handed agents. So they then cut off the extra, no-longer-needed case length resulting in the 40S&W.

But I might be wrong!

10mm recoil is one of the most overblown things in shooting.

In a full sized auto, its virtually indistinguishable from 45acp.
Yes, but no...

Its overblown, but it is real. But then again at the level I'm talking about its not an issue.

My splits are definitly faster on 9mm pussy ammo (for that very reason, a big heavy slow 9mm has soft recoil) than full power 10 mm or 45 ACP loads.

But its like tenths and hundreths of a second.

But the 10mm blowhards get too ya after a while. Its not a magical super round. And caught in that void of big heavy vs slow fast.

--

On the issue of hair, my daughter had blue/purple hair and beleives you should be able to defend your marijuana farm with machine guns.
And got us a lecture from the RO when she blased away with a 22 as a little girl.
Kids these days.

What say you @Skunk ? For someone who was in the front row seats for the glowie 10mm shenanigans.. I'd say he has a better perspective than most.

10mm is a good round. 9x25 is even better. FBI should've got their MP5/10's in 9x25 instead, that thing would be a beast. 115's at nearly 2000 fps...

Had a chance to fire one of the FBI 10 MM. MP 5s a year or so ago. It was soft on recoil and more controable than my 9MM that i owned for several years . If i remember right we were shooting 180 gr . ammo. Would love to have one of those in 10 mm.

My instructor for my license to carry said it best. "I am going to lay-out a .380, a 9 mm, and a .45. Which one do you want me to shoot you with?"

He did not say he would necessarily shoot the same body part, BTW.

FBI has had and continues to have problems. The Miami-Dade shoot out was analyzed quite well by Paul Harrell and he re-enacted some parts of it to show logistics and timing. During that event, some of the agents had 9 mm. One of them emptied two magazines ineffectively.

So, the FBI decided that 9 mm was not powerful enough and decided to change to 10 mm. After so many decades, they came to the same conclusion. The caliber was never the problem. The ineptitude and lack of preparation of the agents was the problem.

Plenty carried revolvers with no speed loaders. One rested his on the seat and the first hard turn in the chase sent the gun flying to the floor.

Other guys who got shot did not use advantage of momentary cover to reload partially and fire back and then re-load some more. IOW, the FBI agents had sucky skills.

It seems as if they have hardly improved. The FBI in the movies and shows is what we expect. That reminds me of the menu at the nursing facility where my wife lives. The menu is wishful thinking. What is on the tray is reality.

What say you @Skunk ? For someone who was in the front row seats for the glowie 10mm shenanigans.. I'd say he has a better perspective than most.

10mm is a good round. 9x25 is even better. FBI should've got their MP5/10's in 9x25 instead, that thing would be a beast. 115's at nearly 2000 fps...
FBI was already shooting .40Short&Weak as the standard pistol round (Glock22) when I came in. My only 10mm experience is with the MP5/10, which is very easy to fire…

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote