• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Am I the only one that doesn't get the Fix Q?

I had one. Loved it! Would absolutely buy another. I rocked 22 and 16.5 in 6.5CM. Rifle was 6lbs 2oz with a 16.5 proof carbon 6.5CM.

I know this thread is old but I fondled a Q Fix 300 black in a local gun shop today and worked the action . The action is so slick, the bolt moves like butter sliding on a hot skillet. I'd buy it for 1/2 price, but not $3300 + tax. The trigger was nice too. Shaved and slim bolt handle, the overall finish was perfect. It damned sure IS NOT a warmed over Ruger or Remington or Savage action. I guess if you have more money than you know what to do with, its a no brainer.

Agreed. I loved mine. I also paid 2400 for it. I felt like that was steep. Cool gun but 3500 is nearing into AI territory and the two aren’t even in the same universe. I am AI for lyfe now

Reactions: Mrindecisive
Right. But if the price point keeps moving up it practically is. I liked the fix. At $2400.

Unless AI makes a 6-lb hunting rifle or Q makes a 15lb tactical rifle they’ve both still got a place even at the same price.

Unless AI makes a 6-lb hunting rifle or Q makes a 15lb tactical rifle they’ve both still got a place even at the same price.
This is what I was thinking. If a dude is cross shopping an AI vs a Fix, that dude has no idea what he actually wants. Like comparing pickup trucks and compact cars.

Reactions: dzhitshard
The Fix is an awesome all-arounder. Lightweight, fantastic trigger, smooth action, AR controls, easy barrel swaps, SR25 mags...

Yes they serve different purposes. But if the Honda Accord and GMC HD Denali are the same price you’re buying the Denali.

Reactions: mkollman74
This is simply trying to tweak a current product for a new market share. It's no different than how shooting competition rules are adjusted over time and new classes are added to sell guns, or allow lots of aftermarket sales of parts/accessories to be used in "production" or "factory" classes.

It's simply trying to get a modular chassis rifle into the hunting market share or anyone that wants lightweight. There's plenty of 6-7lb accurate hunting bolt rifle options, but none of them look like an AR/PRS chassis rifle.

Her is my somewhat satirical post on my "affair" with the Fix Friday on another forum. And a link to a good write up of KB's brainchild/execution. Machined AL chassis, that cut down super slim 45* action bolt (that someone earlier complained about in this thread, lol), quick change barrel, 6 lbs, and can be legally purchased even in CA today. But KB def has a lot of haters out there in the firearms/F4 silencer community.

"Man, let me tell you I fondled a Q "the fix" Friday @ a local gun shop. It was love @ first sight. The 45 degree action moves/glides like melting butter, that cut down, trim and svelte bolt lever. The overall bronze color finish is perfect, and the trigger was nice as is. But $3300 + tax......I liked to puked. I might give em $1700 for it, but not a penny more. KB is brilliant, engineered/executed a super sweet BA shorty host that can be purchased legally even in CA, and many have more cash than they know what to do with and will not bat an eye @ $3600 out the door. Another $1500 for a Q can. Dat isn't me for sure.
But for 3 or 4 minutes we were in love..........then she left me for another guy
:(
"

exactly. Love the fix. Great rifle. Just over priced. I loved that trigger. Loved that bolt throw and the action was smooth. I will admit mine had feeding issues that stemmed from the mag well being a bit loose and I needed adhesive Velcro to shim the mag and then it was still only 8/10.

That said, for 1500-2500 I’d buy one. But not more than that. If I were to get another one it would wear a 16 inch proof carbon 6mm creedmoor barrel. That would be perfect.

Reactions: John_
I don't know why people bash the gun. We should be happy to see innovation, and options. The Fix is a huge improvement on the Scout Rifle concept - it knocks it out of the park with weight, overall size, mag options. Doesn't mean it is for everyone, or even most folks. Q isn't the biggest company, I don't think they need to sell this to every shooter to be successful. The ergos are a pretty big departure from most rifles, but that is what it takes to get to that kind of overall weight and size without a pencil barrel. I'm a fan of Sig's cheapo version myself, because I don't have Q cash. I wish more companies were designing rifles from a blank state instead of starting with a Rem700 footprint.

Agreed epeet. I am a mod on an form1 forum and there is a lot of hate for Kevin Brittingham, the owner of Q. Many think he's an arrogant shit, but I have no problem with him myself. He has brought a few very successful and high performing devices to our world imo.

I don't know why people bash the gun. We should be happy to see innovation, and options. The Fix is a huge improvement on the Scout Rifle concept - it knocks it out of the park with weight, overall size, mag options. Doesn't mean it is for everyone, or even most folks. Q isn't the biggest company, I don't think they need to sell this to every shooter to be successful. The ergos are a pretty big departure from most rifles, but that is what it takes to get to that kind of overall weight and size without a pencil barrel. I'm a fan of Sig's cheapo version myself, because I don't have Q cash. I wish more companies were designing rifles from a blank state instead of starting with a Rem700 footprint.

I thought they bashed it because a pile of them don't feed properly, or have ignition problems, and Kevin still runs around talking down to every other manufacturer in the industry.

Fucking velcro to fix a $3k USD rifle is bonkers to me.

An update on The Fix previously unmentioned is the bolt recall on what could be earlier serial #s that may have come out back when this thread started. Check the Q website for details.

I wonder why they don't just give out a serial number range. I have a pre-order one and went through all the steps to find out I'm not in it.
An update on The Fix previously unmentioned is the bolt recall on what could be earlier serial #s that may have come out back when this thread started. Check the Q website for details.

It’s a lightweight, adjustable, modular chassis style hunting rifle built up from scratch. It was made for utility and hunting in mind.

Use it for what it was intended and you will understand it.

I feel everyone bitches about it for a few reasons.

1. Kevin…you either love him or hate him, no in between.

2. Trying to shoehorn the gun into something it was not designed for…it’s never going to be a 14lb prs gun.

3. Some people have complained about customer service, I have yet to encounter that issue at all, the last time I wrote with a question I ended up going back and forth with one of the ladies, and she was sweet as pie.

4. Lack of parts support…I was able to order every accessory I wanted for my fix on the day I bought it from various online vendors..so I don’t understand that.

5. Caliber conversions take time…yes they do, they have been working on the 6 arc for a while now, my understanding is that they discovered a flaw in just providing a just new bolt and barrel for the cartridge at this time and are going to release full rifles in the caliber, before a conversion, that is unfortunate as those of us who have mini fix’s were hoping for a quick swap. That said I would rather not have it, than have one that fails on me when pulling up on a white tail.

Take all this for what you will, I love my mini fix..it feels like a toy, and is accurate as hell with 69 gr match. So I have no complaints, and it is exactly what I expected it to be.

Last edited: