• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Amazing! Simply AMAZING!

JEStone629

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2010
North, GA
My last trip to the range turned out to be a really good day with a few hand loads. Sitting a few seats down from me was another guy who was also shooting a .308. After a trip down range to post new targets he asked what I was shooting. I told him a Savage 10FP. He noticed my targets and said, "That Savage shoots ok but my 700 will shoot 1/4" measuring outside to outside with hand loads. I said, "Don't you mean center to center?" "Hell no, outside to outside!" "Let me get this straight, you can shoot .25" outside to outside with a .30 cal bullet?" "Damn right" he said. I replied, "Amazing! Simply amazing!"

Re: Amazing! Simply AMAZING!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I absolutely would have challenged him to shoot a 1 round group that small outside to outside.</div></div>

Ha ha...and bet him money!

He may have assumed you knew that when measureing "outside to outside", you subtract .308 from the equation.

okie

Thats just as bad as a guy at work telling me the other day that the .50 BMG would BARELY make it to 1,000......

and he was in the military.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: k9222</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats just as bad as a guy at work telling me the other day that the .50 BMG would BARELY make it to 1,000......

and he was in the military. </div></div>

Yeah I thought that the 50 bmg was just a little more powerful then the .22 lr

It's probably because his rifle fires the bullet so fast that it stretches them to a small caliber, lol...

Some people need a jack slap sometimes!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: k9222</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats just as bad as a guy at work telling me the other day that the .50 BMG would BARELY make it to 1,000......

people and their stupidity never ceases to amaze me

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: okiefired</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He may have assumed you knew that when measureing "outside to outside", you subtract .308 from the equation.

okie </div></div>

Even if that's what he meant he should be shooting benchrest competitions with that gun.

I seriously should have made a bet with him! My mind was not working that quickly after his proclmation. I'm sure I'll see him again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: E3C3H3O3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: k9222</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats just as bad as a guy at work telling me the other day that the .50 BMG would BARELY make it to 1,000......

people and their stupidity never ceases to amaze me </div></div>

That hilarious! I went into the local gunshop just today, after mailing a package, only to find a small crowd of no less than 8 men sitting around debating why today's snipers miss so much. To which they all agreed it was becuase todays generation are not as good of shots as they were during WW2 and Vietnam, and the rifles needed different stocks to help the new snipers control the rifle when aiming. Slightly annoyed, I squeezed by the large crowd that was blocking the only aisle in the store. I then heard the self elected expert of the group loudly exclaim, "if they would use American scopes, they wouldn't need the magazines to compensate for all of the misses they are making!!". At this point I had almost bitten my tounge completely off, as it became very clear they had very little experience in the shooting world and had no idea what they were talking about, he went on to say," because I can hit a frying pan at 1400 yards with my grandads 22-250 all day!". I couldn't take anymore, and sat down what I had and left the store. It never fails to amaze me how clueless a group of people can be.

I think you should of brought the 1/4" out side to out side shooter a glass of water, he must always be thirsty being such a mouth breather!

The best thing is just to keep to your self b/c if someone makes a claim like that there is no way they would understand what you are trying to tell them.

+1 on them not understanding even if u explain---I had a customer last week who was counseling all who would listen in our waiting room about the virtues of the Countersniper scope
being the greatest ever--his rhetoric was straight from their ad
---he didn't even flinch when I asked about his rifle of choice
for his stellar choice of optics--a "Winchester" 30-30! I shook my head and left as I heard him explain how this scope allowed him to "hit" deer at "over" a 1000yds!