• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Ambidextrous safety

mzvarner

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2013
Spokane, WA
I am sure this as been discussed, but I could not find anything on a search of the forum. What do you guys recommend and why?

That's a bit vague... are you wanting to know which kind to get for a particular rifle, or if you should add one in general?

Yes I am looking to add one to my S&W M&P 15. There are a lot of choices out there and I'm pretty new to the AR market so not sure what to get. I don't need the best in the world but I would like reliability.

+1 for BAD because you can change the levers out to whatever size you want. If you want a basic one, the Rock Rivers are good too.

+1 on the BAD-ASS/BAD-CASS selectors/safeties. They are easily the best I have used based on the strength of their design, as well as the ability to select the lever/levers in combination that work best for you under the circumstances you'll be running your rifle and to swap them out with relative ease as circumstances warrant. I run the standard lever (left/thumb side) and the short lever (right/trigger finger side) as that combo works well for me, but BAD has around a half-dozen different levers that can be mounted in the combo of your choosing.

I'm a KAC Junkie, so I say KAC. But in reality the only one you can customize is the BADASS one. It's really want you want. All in all, it's only a switch.

i have the BAD ASS as well, i had to file down the coating(OD green) on the "bearing" surface where it goes into the lower. Its super smooth and easily flickable, you will love it.

My favorite is the KAC because it is an ambi lever but has a "dished out" place on right selector so it does not interfere with your trigger finger if right handed. It's not cheap but it is my fav.

I have a BAD-ASS with the 45 degree throw on my GAP-10. I dont wrap my thumb around the back of the grip, instead I rest it on the safety so it is easy to switch and with in in FIRE i have a really comfortable place to put my thumb. See pics below.

I like the KAC that's cut-out. It keeps things low profile but still letting it be operated with ease even with gloves on. BAD ASS offers a good selection though.

For some it's a item for form & function and others is just aesthetics .....

My config.

DSC_0565_zpsee051eac.jpg

Last edited:
I have a DPMS lower that only has the safety on the right side. Can I turn it into a Ambi setup by just adding one of these kits? Sorry new to AR's.