• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

American Rifle Co actions

Ok all you fellow Arch action owners. I have a small test for you. Turn the rifle upside down or ejection port down and slowly cycle the action a few times. report back anything abnormal.

Last edited:
Ok all you fellow Arch action owners. I have a small test for you. Turn the rifle upside down (magwell up) and slowly cycle the action a few times. report back anything abnormal.
Mine definitely wants to bind more while upside down.

Nothing abnormal (with Triggertech Special 2 stage). Tested on 2 actions. Only thing is a slight "hiccup" (not really binding) but that's only if I don't lift the bolt up (less than 1mm lift) slightly against gravity. You tryin to test the CRF aspect of it?

Ok all you fellow Arch action owners. I have a small test for you. Turn the rifle upside down (magwell up) and slowly cycle the action a few times. report back anything abnormal.
Feels like it's binding...but so does my Origin and Howa. Funny enough my Savages still run. What is your point?

It happens on its side with ejection port down also. just figured it out. the extractor is somewhat loose and the back edge catches on the inside edge of the action.

Last edited:
Reactions: Evintos
Feels like it's binding...but so does my Origin and Howa. Funny enough my Savages still run. What is your point?
no point. just found it strange and couldnt figure out what it was. wondering if it was me or if it happens to everyone.

I have an M5 Mausingfield and its one of my favorite actions.

The bolt lift is incredibly light, bolt close even lighter. Very slick. Runs great in all conditions, even the nastiest of conditions. No malfunctions or hiccups.

Couldn't ask for more from an action, arguably my favorite.

Ok all you fellow Arch action owners. I have a small test for you. Turn the rifle upside down or ejection port down and slowly cycle the action a few times. report back anything abnormal.

Couldn't help to to think about this guy.

Screenshot_20221130-192635_Chrome.jpg

Well it's pretty much a Defiance Deviant/Surgeon with small tweaks. Soooo not much there left to change if you're not trying to be original or innovative.
Exactly you have proved my next point. Its a product improved surgeon which is like a 15 year old design. Its simple and is the MOST reliable action.

ARC from an engineering and design perspective is very cool. You can tell Ted is a great engineer and has an amazing mind. But he is not a shooter first and you can see how everything is over engineered and complicated for the sake of it. This is why their shit fails under hard use. There are too many things to go wrong trying to win engineer of the year instead of focusing on building the best rifle and accessories for shooters.

They are Hipster guns. Mostly ran by people who don't shoot much. Its rare to see their guns at matches and its never a guy placing in the top 10 running them. The fact that he uses criterion barrels instead of a premium cut rifle tells you he is marked to amateurs and not serious shooters.

Impact doesn't need to constantly update because they already achieved perfection years ago. Go look at the guys burning up a bunch of barrels a year and look at what they are shooting. Its not ARC actions.

• Haha
Reactions: Tokay444
Exactly you have proved my next point. Its a product improved surgeon which is like a 15 year old design. Its simple and is the MOST reliable action.

ARC from an engineering and design perspective is very cool. You can tell Ted is a great engineer and has an amazing mind. But he is not a shooter first and you can see how everything is over engineered and complicated for the sake of it. This is why their shit fails under hard use. There are too many things to go wrong trying to win engineer of the year instead of focusing on building the best rifle and accessories for shooters.

They are Hipster guns. Mostly ran by people who don't shoot much. Its rare to see their guns at matches and its never a guy placing in the top 10 running them. The fact that he uses criterion barrels instead of a premium cut rifle tells you he is marked to amateurs and not serious shooters.

Impact doesn't need to constantly update because they already achieved perfection years ago. Go look at the guys burning up a bunch of barrels a year and look at what they are shooting. Its not ARC actions.
I don't have an ARC action yet, but I appreciate the effort in trying to make improvements. The only way real improvements are made is if people are out there trying new things.

As far as them not winning lots of matches you can easily say the same thing about AIs and there are farrrrr more of them out there than ARCs.

Impacts are far from perfect which makes me question your match experience. I personally know of more than a few firing pin issues and breakages. Doesn't mean they aren't good actions but no action is perfect.

If Impact were perfect they’d have figured out their ignition timing by now instead of having that bit of cock on close with the most popular triggers on the market.

To the best of my knowledge, ARC does not give product away to gain market share. He (Ted) has stated this on a podcast I heard awhile back. It appears the other players - defiance, impact, etc. give product or sponsor to get their product out there. I have a few ARC actions and other ARC products and they are top notch. Not just another R700 clone. If you want a clone, just get a Mack Bro.

I don't have an ARC action yet, but I appreciate the effort in trying to make improvements. The only way real improvements are made is if people are out there trying new things.

As far as them not winning lots of matches you can easily say the same thing about AIs and there are farrrrr more of them out there than ARCs.

Impacts are far from perfect which makes me question your match experience. I personally know of more than a few firing pin issues and breakages. Doesn't mean they aren't good actions but no action is perfect.
Its not an improvement. Its actually a net negative. You end up with a less reliable gun.

AI didn't make rifles that are conductive to PRS type shooting until they released the AT-X this year and time will tell if they stick. Based on what I have seen over the years, Impacts go down way less than AI's as well. AI's like to break small parts, deadlining the gun.

The only issue i have seen was Blam breaking firing pins at a match trying to shoot 22GT. @Birddog6424 could probably explain what the issue was. Every single other person I know who runs them, swears by them.

Like 50% of PRS shooters are running an Impact, which is nuts when you have other big manufactures like Definace, Lone Peak, Terminus, Curtis and Bighorn to compete with.
impact.png

Last edited:
To the best of my knowledge, ARC does not give product away to gain market share. He (Ted) has stated this on a podcast I heard awhile back. It appears the other players - defiance, impact, etc. give product or sponsor to get their product out there. I have a few ARC actions and other ARC products and they are top notch. Not just another R700 clone. If you want a clone, just get a Mack Bro.
Thats not really accurate. There may be 1 defiance or impact 100% cert and maybe 1 or 2 50% off certs at the big national 2 day matches. Combine NRL hunter and PRS thats like 40 matches total.

The top shooters are shooting what they are sponsored to shoot or what works best. There is a reason certain certs sell for a premium and others you can barely give away. The demand is either there or its not.

Ted is cheap that is why he doesn't give anything away. Just about every other manufacture donates shit to the tables. This is called supporting the shooting community. Anyone who has had to deal with ARC customer service, which is dogshit by the way, know its like pulling teeth to get them to replace defective product. Again, because they are cheap.

Mack Bros? GTFO. You probally buy your shoes at walmart too.

If Impact were perfect they’d have figured out their ignition timing by now instead of having that bit of cock on close with the most popular triggers on the market.
And yet they just run and run on run. People who complain about cock on close that you don't even notice when running the bolt are just looking for shit to bitch about for the sake of it. Or they don't shoot and rub their bolt like their daddys cock in their basements nice and sensual like.

And yet they just run and run on run. People who complain about cock on close that you don't even notice when running the bolt are just looking for shit to bitch about for the sake of it. Or they don't shoot and rub their bolt like their daddys cock in their basements nice and sensual like.
Sounded like the voice of experience on that sensual part , creepy little fella .

Thats not really accurate. There may be 1 defiance or impact 100% cert and maybe 1 or 2 50% off certs at the big national 2 day matches. Combine NRL hunter and PRS thats like 40 matches total.

The top shooters are shooting what they are sponsored to shoot or what works best. There is a reason certain certs sell for a premium and others you can barely give away. The demand is either there or its not.

Ted is cheap that is why he doesn't give anything away. Just about every other manufacture donates shit to the tables. This is called supporting the shooting community. Anyone who has had to deal with ARC customer service, which is dogshit by the way, know its like pulling teeth to get them to replace defective product. Again, because they are cheap.

Leupold is proof that sponsoring top shooters and marketing works and that you don't need the best product to win matches. Actions are no different in that way.

The fact that you equate Mack Bros to Wal-Mart shows your complete lack of knowledge/ignorance.

Last edited:
Leupold is proof that sponsoring top shooters and marketing works and that you don't need the best product to win matches. Actions are no different in that way.

The fact that you equate Mack Bros to Wal-Mart shows your complete lack of knowledge/ignorance.
Only poor people and sponsered shooters run Leopold. People who can afford whatever they want tend to run something else, just like they run impacts.

They are Hipster guns. Mostly ran by people who don't shoot much. Its rare to see their guns at matches and its
Only poor people and sponsered shooters run Leopold. People who can afford whatever they want tend to run something else, just like they run impacts.
Hmmm… I run impacts… ARCs, S&B and leupold….. guess I’m a confused poor.

Its not an improvement. Its actually a net negative. You end up with a less reliable gun.

AI didn't make rifles that are conductive to PRS type shooting until they released the AT-X this year and time will tell if they stick. Based on what I have seen over the years, Impacts go down way less than AI's as well. AI's like to break small parts, deadlining the gun.

The only issue i have seen was Blam breaking firing pins at a match trying to shoot 22GT. @Birddog6424 could probably explain what the issue was. Every single other person I know who runs them, swears by them.

Like 50% of PRS shooters are running an Impact, which is nuts when you have other big manufactures like Definace, Lone Peak, Terminus, Curtis and Bighorn to compete with.View attachment 8014745

That match was a mess. I think Brady set a PRS record for the most rifles fired in a match. I think he used 5 different rifles, as lots of shooters offered up their back up rifles so he could shoot, but no one had much ammo.

I do think the firing pin issue he encountered in his Impact actions is more prevalent than a lot of folks know. As Brady came out with his issues, he encountered a lot of other folks who came forward with the same issue. In a nutshell, he pierced the primers and snapped both firing pins off in his comp rifles while trying to sight in on Friday. He was running the same load in his 22GT that he ran the entire prior year running his Curtis Axioms. 90gr Atips at 3100fps with H4350. I think he broke 3 firing pins in total, and the issue didn't clear up until Tate sent him a smaller diameter pin in a bushed bolt. A high pressure bolt in essence.

☝️ is hilarious! I run an Archimedes or Mausingfield for my comp guns and have had zero issues. I also run a ZCO for my optic so I must suck but not be a poor by these metrics.

😂 I have been known to buy groceries at Walmart. Next time I am there, I will get you some diapers.

Ask Mark Gordon at SAC about how perfect Impacts are.

I'm thinking about getting an Archimedes. Based upon comments people have received from ARC about this action, does anyone know if they might be doing another revision to change the bolt stop?

I'm thinking about getting an Archimedes. Based upon comments people have received from ARC about this action, does anyone know if they might be doing another revision to change the bolt stop?
theres one for sale in the PX for $950

Bolt stop is fine on both of mine and my friends. Once you figure out the seeet spot it couldn’t be easier. I’ve never understood what all the gripe is about. Is it as easy as just depressing a button? No it’s not but hard to do it definitely is not.

Reactions: 357Max
@BB KoncepZ

Just because the F150 is the best selling truck doesn't mean that you need to drive one! You might not like the absurdly large Ford Turning Radius. Maybe you want a car - a cheap car, maybe.... you get the idea. Just because it's the most popular doesn't mean that you have to get one.

Now, I'm a nobody, but I've used TL3's, Defiance, Mausingfield, and Archimedes actions for match rifles. They are all great actions and you can win with any of them if you know how to drive your rig.

While I wish I didn't have to sell the others off, they were all sold to be able to buy more Archimedes actions.
I currently have 3 Archimedes actions (two in XYLO chassis) and I'm saving for a 4th. The Archimedes has a very light bolt lift and it disturbs the gun less in rapid fire stages - this is important to me in the games I play. The Defiance that I had was soooo tight, but it didn't shoot any better than the Archimedes. The "slop" you experience when the bolt is open doesn't affect the practical accuracy of the gun when the bolt is closed. When it's closed, it's tight. And my three examples all shoot very consistently.

But you may not want to believe me....I don't shoot PRS matches, I only burn out a few barrels a year (and some of those are button rifled), and I don't really care where I buy my footwear as long as they don't hurt my mangled feet.

Don't forget to post here and let us know what you decide so we can slam you for not conforming to our narrow view of the world and then we can feel better about our own insecurities for a little while until the dopamine wears off.

Good Luck,
Ross

Ended up getting a Nuke Gen 2 with 223 bolt head on the BF sale. Picked it up yesterday and overall I'm happy with the fit and finish. I should be getting it barreled soon to see how it runs.

One thing I like about it more than other actions so far is specific to the 223. The bolt nose height from the bolt face is only .115" which can allow more of the case to be supported by the chamber. The amount of unsupported case with a .223 and a .150" bolt nose has worried me a bit.

One thing I dislike is the trigger pins seem to be slightly undersized and allow a small amount of movement with the trigger installed. May not affect function just something I'm not used to.

Reactions: Hkmiller
Struggling to decide between a Nuke and Origin. Had an Origin a couple years ago but sold it to help cover my mother-in-laws funeral cost. I wanted to enjoy it but bolt lift was heavier than I expected and it didn't run as smooth as my RPR which has been micro-slicked. I had a TT Special in it but didn't make sure it was timed. Honestly don't know how to. Also had a tendency to bind if I didn't run it right. (Yeah, I know. Learn how to run a bolt!) My issue is that I have to intentionally cant my RPR bolt to get it to bind. It just seemed more intuitive/fluid and less finicky. I'm in a place to start another build and the analysis paralysis is kicking in. Lol. I'm also BAD at being brand loyal even though I was mildly disappointed. I just don't know what to expect from a custom action.

Struggling to decide between a Nuke and Origin. Had an Origin a couple years ago but sold it to help cover my mother-in-laws funeral cost. I wanted to enjoy it but bolt lift was heavier than I expected and it didn't run as smooth as my RPR which has been micro-slicked. I had a TT Special in it but didn't make sure it was timed. Honestly don't know how to. Also had a tendency to bind if I didn't run it right. (Yeah, I know. Learn how to run a bolt!) My issue is that I have to intentionally cant my RPR bolt to get it to bind. It just seemed more intuitive/fluid and less finicky. I'm in a place to start another build and the analysis paralysis is kicking in. Lol. I'm also BAD at being brand loyal even though I was mildly disappointed. I just don't know what to expect from a custom action.

I have both and I would say the Nuke has less "tendency" to bind even though neither have the problem. The Nuke will have a heavier bolt lift though for sure, even with the light 16lb striker spring. The Nuke will also almost close itself on feeding. Forward/Aft smoothness is about the same to me. Overall I like the Origin better but they are damn close.

Reactions: long range sponge
You'll struggle to try and bind a Nucleus.