• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

American Rifle Company Black Friday and Cyber Week Sale

Wow that looks like hammered dog shit, I’d probably still roll with it though.

Nitriding tends to bring out machine marks. Just so you don't feel too upset, here's a pic of one of mine (and they all have them). If I zoom in on mine and angle it in the right way, I can see more of the marks. Even more so if I apply a little bit of oil to it. None of the marks can be felt with a fingernail and I just think of it as having a little decoration or character, a wave pattern if you will. Might be able to give it a little buff with some ultra fine scotch-brite.
1600px-Japanese_Wave_Pattern.svg.png

dyZ7ueiVAgrA2yYNnTs8-vpCnLwx_XBbIlYvsYxsNY8FdPudnVei0EH_FHX9cZ1QT_xMdLNpuq6-KDeGNo8d2a3XO7b03Oh6NrT5W4nDhODM48cRtVyhdhn9Hdzo5WeJsaVhyDSj4EMMpd-ZkGe1wbrE_vKZz1HprcxvcXzZ_N-Oy5kCqzmuRHRriD3OpS06HNfiwruOxq4tN3giEHkfMA5abWcdtgexhOvsRNnTfzoCZYFa-fuRg7TFCG1lWzydbAIwBkFbgfY9Bp-fuLX2RdYSMAxAKFAfVRLELZkGknZC2NMGHhUbQCT9CMRxlS5LeblmQk9SWBQ2UlvRlCowrow_QrlVPbJ5w22KugrCHg0SkVgkQS2VjXwknRLr2tN7kjbXrvD20OOXG1wkqkE4hFHNyLOn8Z4sN-o3dfECUjgBRMIQxiPQxQuC8LbxmcBFPNwvlpzp2F_0M8ozUD7HOFXkHC8dLT9YemxTfkwtd6-GwfH-wkQyiuT4rh_pCX_8BtvweW8wa_hy06rc0MsNDluagtmIdzCHNzRRQPOIxnDwWUgUU8QkSJ4Itz7yIRMVrsNGbMatR_MUtIJi5ez-1FWoKAM-kC_rrp3B3RHwGoMfJa3RHpgDn2wSt5qa8bFepNDVkEFi6Yz5KuT1-Hmm104M1tRWHbCCUxt8Lv-qCqKBjoBTifzKQH4fiCgu1qz1TP2To826PH25GdJa2pMTiXrs=w726-h1289-no

Reactions: JohnCarter17
Hey I’ll trade you my unmarked pristine Nuke 2.0 for you Medes with toolmarks.

I had a AI with similar took marks ... so I do get the little bit of disappointment ... but at the end of the day ... the thing is meant to shoot.

Reactions: RFutch
Y’all motherfuckers made me get out of bed to go look at my action, it has the marks but they are faint, hard to see under the scope and even harder to photograph.

7140EBB9-6301-422C-AF57-4F7BD9ABAB73.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 2aBaC̶a̶
Mine has the same, though not as prominent. Not going to affect the use though.

Attachments

• 70112FC6-FBF9-4D4F-8741-3BE4F1AC2E26.jpeg
    70112FC6-FBF9-4D4F-8741-3BE4F1AC2E26.jpeg
    460.2 KB · Views: 113
Just got off the phone with Bella (ARC) and she was as nice as always. She provided me some exciting news. Apparently my rig is being biult as we speak and should ship before the end of the week.
So if all goes well, Mr. Shoots 700's won't have to read another post from me complaining about ARC missing another delivery date.

LOL!!

So, do we get to hear about this for the next twelve weeks? :ROFLMAO:
I'm surprised you even felt the need to asked.
The answer is Ofcourse!!
The quality control of the final product should match the price. Anything less than, is disappointing.

I cant wait till you guys gets your actions so you quit complaining. Little advise, don’t buy during the sales anymore
Since when is it wrong for consumers to hold dealers accountable? I'm a bigger ARC fanboy than anyone else here and will continue to tell anyone who listens their products are as good as they get, but 3+ months, with no indication that would be the case at time of purchase is a bit ridiculous. If a MFG can't handle being a distributor as well, they should focus on mfg and let retailers deal with the end user. This "shut up and be happy when it shows" attitude is antiquated and, frankly, needs to get out of this industry.

Reactions: Leadrain22
Would a barrel that fits a Nuke would also fit an Arch ?

I thought Savage threads are 1 1/16. That makes it 1.0625
I got my dimensions from the X-Caliber Barrels site:

"Savage pre fits come in 2 shank sizes; Standard (small) Shank / 1.058”-20, Large / 1.120”-20."

http://www.x-caliber.net/savage-pre-fit#:~:text=Savage pre fits come in 2 shank sizes;,placing order to ensure an easy order placement.

But like I say, I've got my ignorant hat on, so - I don't know what the right answer is.

Edit: Check Preferred Barrel Blanks. The say both Savage Standard(small) and Nucleus/Mausingfield pre-fit barrels are 1.055 - 20.

https://preferredbarrelblanks.com/pre-fit-gun-barrels/

Last edited:
I got my dimensions from the X-Caliber Barrels site:

"Savage pre fits come in 2 shank sizes; Standard (small) Shank / 1.058”-20, Large / 1.120”-20."

http://www.x-caliber.net/savage-pre-fit#:~:text=Savage pre fits come in 2 shank sizes;,placing order to ensure an easy order placement.

But like I say, I've got my ignorant hat on, so - I don't know what the right answer is.

Edit: Check Preferred Barrel Blanks. The say both Savage Standard(small) and Nucleus/Mausingfield pre-fit barrels are 1.055 - 20.

https://preferredbarrelblanks.com/pre-fit-gun-barrels/
I called and spoke with Bella on this very thing today. I was given assurance the size difference has not been a problem they have seen or heard of.

Nope, snug fit. Almost no wiggle going on. I had resistance going on that felt like gummy so took it off and cleaned both.

Reactions: fxdrider
I don't recall if mine is X-Caliber or NSS. Either way it was a more loose fit than I am used to. The jam nut (a Bighorn twelve point) takes up the slack but I still thought I'd call and ask about it.

Edit: It is an X-Caliber, I found the order.

Last edited:
Was hoping to get my X-Caliber barrel installed on my new Arch tonight, but alas - I'm a victim of F'd-Ex yet again. Marked "Out for delivery" this morning, my Direct Signature Required delivery never made it. Instead, I received an email at 12:31pm stating, "Delivery exception Customer not available or business closed". A bald-faced lie, of course - as we were sitting within 3 feet of the front door all day until that time and no one rang the doorbell, knocked on the door, or even came near our front porch. Our 120 lb. Rottweiler is great about alerting us to the presence of anyone or anything, familiar or otherwise. I didn't even see a F'd-Ex truck on our street today. Not to worry though - they'll "try again" tomorrow.

Can't wait. 🤨

Just got off the phone with Bella (ARC) and she was as nice as always. She provided me some exciting news. Apparently my rig is being biult as we speak and should ship before the end of the week.
So if all goes well, Mr. Shoots 700's won't have to read another post from me complaining about ARC missing another delivery date.

LOL!!
Well no shipping notification today. Hopes dashed that I will get the rifle in by the end of next week.
Not surprised, but certainly disappointed.

Was hoping to get my X-Caliber barrel installed on my new Arch tonight, but alas - I'm a victim of F'd-Ex yet again. Marked "Out for delivery" this morning, my Direct Signature Required delivery never made it. Instead, I received an email at 12:31pm stating, "Delivery exception Customer not available or business closed". A bald-faced lie, of course - as we were sitting within 3 feet of the front door all day until that time and no one rang the doorbell, knocked on the door, or even came near our front porch. Our 120 lb. Rottweiler is great about alerting us to the presence of anyone or anything, familiar or otherwise. I didn't even see a F'd-Ex truck on our street today. Not to worry though - they'll "try again" tomorrow.

Can't wait. 🤨
In my experience, this is what FedEx does when they don't know where to go. They go to their "best guess" address, knock on a door, then mark it as your fault for not answering.

I called and spend 30 mins giving multiple layers of their CS a piece of my mind (courteously but sternly), and lo and behold, the guy somehow managed to find my front door the next day, and the local office called me direct three mins after the delivery to make sure I'd gotten it.

Best of luck.

Reactions: fxdrider
Does anyone know if arc changed who is doing the coating on the bolts? Buddy just got his bf arch rifle and his bolt isn't like mine (single digit serial number) or our other buddies who just got his rifle 2 months ago. The coating looks duller and doesn't feel as smooth.

I was hoping this wasn’t going to effect new Nucleus orders since the lead time was updated to 2-3 weeks in January, but week 4 just came and went on my order. I’ll call Monday, but I don’t have a good feeling.

I would've enjoyed that. But I have no way of knowing which driver it was (or wasn't). I never see the same driver twice.
Of course you haven't. Its common to rotate the surveillance team to avoid tipping off the target.

• Haha
Reactions: TheOE800
I was hoping this wasn’t going to effect new Nucleus orders since the lead time was updated to 2-3 weeks in January, but week 4 just came and went on my order. I’ll call Monday, but I don’t have a good feeling.
I ordered an Archimedes Jan 13, so I'm at the 6 week mark. I was told 6-8 weeks when I ordered. Not going to contact them about it till 10 week mark if it hasn't arrived, patience my friend. Order a defiance, they'll tell you 8-9 month lead time. That crap will teach you to just forget about stuff then all a sudden they call as it shipped. Happy day!

Reactions: JohnCarter17
I ordered an Archimedes Jan 13, so I'm at the 6 week mark. I was told 6-8 weeks when I ordered. Not going to contact them about it till 10 week mark if it hasn't arrived, patience my friend. Order a defiance, they'll tell you 8-9 month lead time. That crap will teach you to just forget about stuff then all a sudden they call as it shipped. Happy day!
Agreed. I’m just overly excited as this is my first custom build. I’m an action and barrel (PVA is 6-8 weeks) short of an actual rifle and it seems I’ll be here awhile.

This is my 3rd ARC action, I'm used to the wait for them. I placed my order on Dec. 3rd, when I get it, I get it.
Just kick back and relax, It will get shipped when they get them made.

Mine came yesterday, same exact shit... Unreal
Tool chatter or maybe new cutter installed and the tool height offset wasn't corrected in programming. I've noticed this on actions before in a few small areas, but not nearly that bad.

Chatter for sure, just a little polishing would have removed it.... they were banging these fuckers out, maybe the cutter need to be replaced too.

Tool chatter or maybe new cutter installed and the tool height offset wasn't corrected in programming. I've noticed this on actions before in a few small areas, but not nearly that bad.