• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

American Rifle Company Black Friday and Cyber Week Sale

With a Archimedes bolt in 223, what mags would you run?

Will the action fit into a standard Manners mini chassis without the need for additional in-letting or a stock specific for the Archimedes?
The new MDT DSSF 10 rounds.

Reactions: BuLLet
That being said, I would mind a new ARC magazine with a 223 anti tilt follower

No one on the phones today it seems, first thing I tried. Sent an email to follow up though, just waiting now. Don’t want two of them showing up unexpectedly if I order again lol

For got to mention the stuff stayed in my cart. It’s the bank charge that throws me.
Excited to try it though. Hopefully I can change my pva remage order to an arc prefit too.
Same thing happened when I tried to order. I emptied the cart and started over. It worked then and generated a confirmation email immediately after.

Well they got me.... up to three archimedes..... why buy just the bolt face and waist time swapping barrels when you can just buy the action for so cheap! Got to buy all the other parts but hey can't take it with you.....

I’m thinking of ordering an Archimedes to do another build off of. I can’t decide what caliber I would want. I have a TL3 in 6.5 PRC with 26 inch barrel and have a Terminus Zeus 308 20 inch barrel that I run suppressed. I also have two long actions one 300 win and one 7 mag. The 7 mag was trued and blueprinted and has a Hart Barrel the 300 win is a factory 700 except the bolt knob and APA LB on the end of it. I’m leaning towards another short action or short action with magnum face. Has to be a caliber with ammo that is fairly easy to find as I don’t have time or space for reloading. Also probably going to be a short to medium barrel length so I can put a can on the end without it being too long. Any suggestions from fellow hide members? Really want to take advantage of this sale going on.

I’m thinking of ordering an Archimedes to do another build off of. I can’t decide what caliber I would want. I have a TL3 in 6.5 PRC with 26 inch barrel and have a Terminus Zeus 308 20 inch barrel that I run suppressed. I also have two long actions one 300 win and one 7 mag. The 7 mag was trued and blueprinted and has a Hart Barrel the 300 win is a factory 700 except the bolt knob and APA LB on the end of it. I’m leaning towards another short action or short action with magnum face. Has to be a caliber with ammo that is fairly easy to find as I don’t have time or space for reloading. Also probably going to be a short to medium barrel length so I can put a can on the end without it being too long. Any suggestions from fellow hide members? Really want to take advantage of this sale going on.
Seems like you are missing a small caliber, maybe a 223 or 6mm?

Reactions: SCGunner84
Seems like you are missing a small caliber, maybe a 223 or 6mm?
I would very much consider a 6 creed because I would like whatever caliber I go with to be good for Whitetail and Hogs. I know people have killed both with 223 but I imagine the 6 creed would fit the bill a little better.

I would very much consider a 6 creed because I would like whatever caliber I go with to be good for Whitetail and Hogs. I know people have killed both with 223 but I imagine the 6 creed would fit the bill a little better.
PVA has 6 creed and 6gt prefits for black friday

Reactions: SCGunner84
I'm a little late to the party but the headspace difference from ARC to TL3 SA is .100". You can have a 1.20" or 1.25" OD, 1.065" ID, .100" thick spacer ring made that will allow you to use TL3 prefits on ARC actions.

Reactions: Average guy
I'm a little late to the party but the headspace difference from ARC to TL3 SA is .100". You can have a 1.20" or 1.25" OD, 1.065" ID, .100" thick spacer ring made that will allow you to use TL3 prefits on ARC actions.
Tell me more.

@Jon_ARC

Your Black Friday sale is a hit on SH! I am getting ready to place an order but want to know what type of shipment lead times are we looking at?

Thanks!
Depends on what you want? We have a lot in stock and a ton more in the pipeline that will be ready very soon.

Reactions: Hkmiller
No doubt it would work, but how well and repeatable?

After living the Barloc nightmare I don’t think adding distance between the barrel shoulder and recoil lug or action is a good idea. IMO the closer together they are the better.

With my Barloc installed I would somehow knock my zero out of whack and it would be way off for a few shots. It happened to me in a match once and it took about 10 shots and it came back to true. That cost me a complete stage. It would happen randomly and I’m not sure what should cause it? I pulled the Barloc, used a nut and had no more issues with unexplained strings being off and then coming back after several more shots.

After that I want as little space between the barrel shoulder or barrel nut and the action as possible.

How repeatable is a sandwiched lug on a M700? Same thing.

Barloc is not solid, rigid for compression. Steel ring ain't going nowhere as long as it's reasonably flat (surface grind to final thickness).

Last edited:
Seems similar to the Hunts Long Range recoil lug for the Origin that allows it to take TL-3 barrels. It's just that it's going from thinner->thicker in adding the mentioned spacer vs the HLR going thicker->thinner reducing the Origin recoil lug thickness by 0.1"

Maybe someone could ask HLR to make a TL3->ARC Action spacer.

Not seeing much info on the barrel maker. Assuming button rifled. 100% sure my dumbass couldn't shoot the difference though. Really on the fence about this. Checks almost all what I want. May order today. They are threaded 5/8 24 correct? Will be wearing a tbac ultra 9 cb

Not seeing much info on the barrel maker. Assuming button rifled. 100% sure my dumbass couldn't shoot the difference though. Really on the fence about this. Checks almost all what I want. May order today. They are threaded 5/8 24 correct? Will be wearing a tbac ultra 9 cb
Go ahead, you won't be disappointed.

Reactions: Simonsza1
believe Criterion, at least that's what my Nuke rifle was and what the sell on the website.

Yes there criterion. My Archimedes complete rifle is printing tiny little groups with 130eldm and also with 140 match burners. Both with basically zero load development either. Using tbac ultra 7

When I get back home I'll post a print for a +.100" nucleus lug.
I was thinking it was just a .100" spacer used with the stock Nuke lug. Without pulling my Nuke down I'm thinking it's .187" thick like a factory M700, so maybe a 287" thick lug? One piece would be much better than two IMO. I would try that. Does anyone sell these lugs?

I was thinking it was just a .100" spacer used with the stock Nuke lug. Without pulling my Nuke down I'm thinking it's .187" thick like a factory M700, so maybe a 287" thick lug? One piece would be much better than two IMO. I would try that. Does anyone sell these lugs?
I just measured two lugs the other day mine and my buddies. .186.5 to .187 what I remember. So your dead on

Tried to order an arch, it hung up and I have a bank charge but no confirmation.
No one on the phones today it seems, first thing I tried. Sent an email to follow up though, just waiting now. Don’t want two of them showing up unexpectedly if I order again lol

For got to mention the stuff stayed in my cart. It’s the bank charge that throws me.
Excited to try it though. Hopefully I can change my pva remage order to an arc prefit too.
Had an email waiting for me when I woke up this morning that they’d get it sorted out Monday, presumably when everyone’s back in the office.
Can’t wait for it to arrive, appreciate the deal ARC

Reactions: kthomas
It is done. Ordered the archimedes rifle.Been in the works for couple of years now. Life just kept kicking me in the nuts. Was dead set on a defiance awhile back, day I was to pull the trigger on that, shit happened at same time and there goes those funds.Fast forward 2 years and here we are. WentAhead with the full package, adding it up saved about 1500 looks like. Hope it lives up to all the hype. Time to move this old girl to the back of the safe.

Attachments

• 20211127_145937.jpg
    20211127_145937.jpg
    443.1 KB · Views: 115
So the wife took over the Arc Nuke 2.0 rifle. So I kept the Xylo chassis since it fits me better and bough a slightly used Nuke 1.1 with a Krieger in 6.5 creed. The 2.0 barreled action is still at the smith for a bedding job so it'll be interesting to compare both.

It was my first time shooting both the ARC and the Xylo, did a little bit of dry firing this week to figure out the best ergos for cheek, bag rider and buttpad height.

I was shooting with a TT double stage special but I think I'll pull the Diamond I have on my Defiance. Scope was a HDMR 2, 3.5-21 so not really a high power scope.

It's certainly a 3/8 moa or better rifle. I managed a ~1/4 moa with all my factory ammo today. Best group was with Sako 136 Scenar-L but it did fine with the others. I was also shooting fairly quick and I'm not a very good shooter. I really like rifles that do well with factory ammo so I can buy a few cases and spend more time shooting instead of chasing the lands and reloading.

Couple of observations:

- The Xylo is the most solid chassis I've ever owned it shows that it's machine from 1 piece. The recoil impulse is better than my Desert Tech, it's hard to explain but it feels more straight back and doesn't deviate as much from POI, could be because it allows for a better NPA.
- Didn't really see a difference in stability with the extended ARCA rail so I might end up selling it.
- Very very easy to get a nice NPA, way easier than the Desert Tech
- The small cheek piece feels much better than I thought it would. You kind of forget about it
- Stupid stable on the tripod - and the 19lbs striker makes it super easy to lift the bolt without disturbing the sight picture. I was having no issues lifting and cycling the bolt with 1 finger.
- Shot all my ammo with the ARC magazine, no issues whatsoever, feeding really really fast or really really slow even though I understand it is more delicate to adverse condition. Still makes for a really nice range magazine.
- Even with the largest wood grip, it still feels like I could use an extra 0.15" in length ... I have really really big hands with NBA player's fingers. That being said, it still shot great. Maybe I'll try some kind of rubber sleeve to add some thickness.
- Way way way easier to single round feed than a Desert Tech
- It shoots brass really really really far when you run the action hard like a Desert Tech (which has kinda weak ejection tbh) :ROFLMAO:

So yeah I went from not owning any products from ARC 2 months ago, to owning their action, rifle, chassis and magazine and now I want to sell my Sphur QDP to get their M-BRACE mount.

All in all, pretty satisfied customer.

Attachments

• sako136.jpg
    sako136.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 55
  • fgmm130.jpg
    fgmm130.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 143eld.jpg
    143eld.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 53
So the wife took over the Arc Nuke 2.0 rifle. So I kept the Xylo chassis since it fits me better and bough a slightly used Nuke 1.1 with a Krieger in 6.5 creed. The 2.0 barreled action is still at the smith for a bedding job so it'll be interesting to compare both.

It was my first time shooting both the ARC and the Xylo, did a little bit of dry firing this week to figure out the best ergos for cheek, bag rider and buttpad height.

I was shooting with a TT double stage special but I think I'll pull the Diamond I have on my Defiance. Scope was a HDMR 2, 3.5-21 so not really a high power scope.

It's certainly a 3/8 moa or better rifle. I managed a ~1/4 moa with all my factory ammo today. Best group was with Sako 136 Scenar-L but it did fine with the others. I was also shooting fairly quick and I'm not a very good shooter. I really like rifles that do well with factory ammo so I can buy a few cases and spend more time shooting instead of chasing the lands and reloading.

Couple of observations:

- The Xylo is the most solid chassis I've ever owned it shows that it's machine from 1 piece. The recoil impulse is better than my Desert Tech, it's hard to explain but it feels more straight back and doesn't deviate as much from POI, could be because it allows for a better NPA.
- Didn't really see a difference in stability with the extended ARCA rail so I might end up selling it.
- Very very easy to get a nice NPA, way easier than the Desert Tech
- The small cheek piece feels much better than I thought it would. You kind of forget about it
- Stupid stable on the tripod - and the 19lbs striker makes it super easy to lift the bolt without disturbing the sight picture. I was having no issues lifting and cycling the bolt with 1 finger.
- Shot all my ammo with the ARC magazine, no issues whatsoever, feeding really really fast or really really slow even though I understand it is more delicate to adverse condition. Still makes for a really nice range magazine.
- Even with the largest wood grip, it still feels like I could use an extra 0.15" in length ... I have really really big hands with NBA player's fingers. That being said, it still shot great. Maybe I'll try some kind of rubber sleeve to add some thickness.
- Way way way easier to single round feed than a Desert Tech
- It shoots brass really really really far when you run the action hard like a Desert Tech (which has kinda weak ejection tbh) :ROFLMAO:

So yeah I went from not owning any products from ARC 2 months ago, to owning their action, rifle, chassis and magazine and now I want to sell my Sphur QDP to get their M-BRACE mount.

All in all, pretty satisfied customer.
This is great news. My nucleus and xylo are at my gunsmith. Getting my barrel rechambered. I might order my wife a complete rifle from arc. I wish Ted offered one in .308. My current is a 6.5 creedmoor.

This is great news. My nucleus and xylo are at my gunsmith. Getting my barrel rechambered. I might order my wife a complete rifle from arc. I wish Ted offered one in .308. My current is a 6.5 creedmoor.
It would be very nice if ARC would offer those barrels with the 1 1/8 wrench cuts in most "standard" SA (6creed, 7mm-08, 308)

Reactions: Hkmiller
@st1650 ARC offers a grip blank that’s huge. It’ll take a bit of fitting, but it might solve your grip issue.

It would be very nice if ARC would offer those barrels with the 1 1/8 wrench cuts in most "standard" SA (6creed, 7mm-08, 308)
Wow! There's a lot of action in this thread. I was hunting most of last week and therefore I haven't really been following it but I'm glad to see the high level of interest. In regards to barrels, more SA chamberings are certainly in the works. I killed this nice mule deer buck in Montana last week with a 7-08. I like the 7-08.

Ted
PXL_20211118_231455464.jpg
PXL_20211118_231417407.jpg

Wow! There's a lot of action in this thread. I was hunting most of last week and therefore I haven't really been following it but I'm glad to see the high level of interest. In regards to barrels, more SA chamberings are certainly in the works. I killed this nice mule deer buck in Montana last week with a 7-08. I like the 7-08.

Ted View attachment 7749709View attachment 7749707
Absolute patrician optic and caliber choice. 10/10

My Klassik 3-12 is waiting for his 7mm-08 barrel.

I just replaced my hunter stock with the Xylo.

Barrel wise you going to offer long action magnum calibers?