• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

American Rifle Company Black Friday and Cyber Week Sale

I was thinking it was just a .100" spacer used with the stock Nuke lug. Without pulling my Nuke down I'm thinking it's .187" thick like a factory M700, so maybe a 287" thick lug? One piece would be much better than two IMO. I would try that. Does anyone sell these lugs?

Mine mics out at .1850-.1852 so that's what the print reflects. If you make this print exactly you can't use the wedge lock on a XYLO, but if you have it made with a 1.25" boss forward of the original lug part instead of 1.35 you'd be set.
ARCLUG.JPG

Pard grabbed a Nucleus on Friday.
I’ve got an Origin and he’s always gotta be different.
Looking forward to finger banging it, as I’ve never fondled any of the ARC models.

Any chance if I pick up an Archimedes that you will give a discount on a creedmoor barrel to go with it and install before shipping? Debating your criterion barrel or a PVA rock creek prefit

Any chance if I pick up an Archimedes that you will give a discount on a creedmoor barrel to go with it and install before shipping? Debating your criterion barrel or a PVA rock creek prefit
If you buy a barrel they will install it for you. I think they would have called out any barrel discounts in their ad so I wouldn't be surprised if they say no.

You could always just get the Archimedes rifle...

Reactions: AwesomeDude
@Ledzep would the spacer be the same as the one to run an origin barrel on a TL3? which i believe PVA makes

i'm pretty sure the one i had a friend make was .100" x 1.25" OD. i forget what the ID was

I think you are misremembering your Orgin recoil lug dimensions.

Yeah, that should be the same thing.
now im trying to figure out how to run an Origin or TL3 barrel on my Mausingfield

i guess it would just be a TL3 barrel with the .100" spacer ring

or an origin barrel with a .200" ring

if im reading the prints correctly

I think you are misremembering your Orgin recoil lug dimensions.

we're talking about this

now im trying to figure out how to run an Origin or TL3 barrel on my Mausingfield

i guess it would just be a TL3 barrel with the .100" spacer ring

or an origin barrel with a .200" ring

if im reading the prints correctly

TL3 S/A Barrel, 1 ring

TL3 L/A/Origin, 2 rings!

I'm kidding. I'd have a .200" ring made if you want to do the latter.

Reactions: Mech Eng
TL3 S/A Barrel, 1 ring

TL3 L/A/Origin, 2 rings!

I'm kidding. I'd have a .200" ring made if you want to do the latter.
So if you took a tl3 long action barrel and added the spacer ring from pva it should headspace right on a long action nucleus gen 2

So if you took a tl3 long action barrel and added the spacer ring from pva it should headspace right on a long action nucleus gen 2
You'd still be .100" short. The TL3 S/A barrel tennon is .100" longer than ALL of the ARC actions, long or short. The TL3 long actions have a .100" longer tennon than S/A, and .200" longer than the ARC actions. TL3 has a difference long and short, ARC doesn't.

To clear things up, if I have an Archimedes action and wanted to use a bighorn/zermatt shouldered prefit barrel, I would need to get a short action TL3 barrel and one of the PVA origin to TL3 spacers, and it would then work perfectly correct?

You'd still be .100" short. The TL3 S/A barrel tennon is .100" longer than ALL of the ARC actions, long or short. The TL3 long actions have a .100" longer tennon than S/A, and .200" longer than the ARC actions. TL3 has a difference long and short, ARC doesn't.
So the long action needs 2 or one that is .200

Reactions: Ledzep
To clear things up, if I have an Archimedes action and wanted to use a bighorn/zermatt shouldered prefit barrel, I would need to get a short action TL3 barrel and one of the PVA origin to TL3 spacers, and it would then work perfectly correct?

I‘m confused on this. The Hunts Long Range Orgin to TL3 lug is .150” so I would think the PVA Orgin to TL3 spacer would have to be the same? We want .100” spacers to fit a TL3 SA barrel on an ARC Nucleus or Archimedes right? Edit: Yes it would work because the PVA spacer is .100" thick.

Last edited:
I‘m confused on this. The Hunts Long Range Orgin to TL3 lug is .150” so I would think the PVA Orgin to TL3 spacer would have to be the same? We want .100” spacers to fit a TL3 SA barrel on an ARC Nucleus or Archimedes right?

It's not about lug thickness. It's bolt face to recoil lug face (or receiver face in the Archimedes and MF). If you were to put a depth mic on the face of a TL-3 and measure to the bolt face, it would be .100" longer than if you put a depth mic on the face of an ARC action and measured to the bolt face, thus the necessity for a .100" spacer ring.

Reactions: Hkmiller
Thanks for the tip on the barrel spacing @Ledzep I'll have to turn two spacer rings just incase I come across any TL3 barrel deals.

the Origin's factory recoil lug is .250" so the HLR lug reducing to .150" thickness would be a difference of .100"

Thanks for the tip on the barrel spacing @Ledzep I'll have to turn two spacer rings just incase I come across any TL3 barrel deals.
With Brownell's current 13% off and their 8% ActiveJunky rebate, you can get a Proof TL3 SA 6.5PRC barrel for about $705 (+tax). if that qualifies as a good deal to you

With Brownell's current 13% off and their 8% ActiveJunky rebate, you can get a Proof TL3 SA 6.5PRC barrel for about $705 (+tax). if that qualifies as a good deal to you
That is a pretty good deal for a carbon barrel.

Reactions: j741
It's not about lug thickness. It's bolt face to recoil lug face (or receiver face in the Archimedes and MF). If you were to put a depth mic on the face of a TL-3 and measure to the bolt face, it would be .100" longer than if you put a depth mic on the face of an ARC action and measured to the bolt face, thus the necessity for a .100" spacer ring.

the Origin's factory recoil lug is .250" so the HLR lug reducing to .150" thickness would be a difference of .100"

I got it now. I was focused on the HLR lug and not the spacer. Thanks Ledzep and j741!

Reactions: j741 and Ledzep
I bought an Archimedes and a Nuke 2.0 to join a couple more nukes that I have. 1st Archimedes and absolutely love it so much I ordered another on the Black Friday deal. Going to replace my original nuke with it. I have talked to them several times over the years both at the Shot show and via phone, great people. I can't emphasis that enough.

Mausingfield/Xylo on the way. Dream rifle… (6.5 Creedmoor).

No to figure out the scope… was going to put a s&b 3-20 or NF 7-35 on it but I’m starting to think I should sell the 7-35 and do some shuffling.

Reactions: Hkmiller
Yes, an $825 Archimedes
For a lt weight hunting build for my dad that's never shot anything but a factory 700 and a factory 788....he's not going to notice or appreciate the difference.

For a lt weight hunting build for my dad that's never shot anything but a factory 700 and a factory 788....he's not going to notice or appreciate the difference.

Yeah, that's an upgrade for sure. Good news is they don't make any bad ones.

Got an Arch, wrench and a BARLOC on the way. Went with the nut BARLOC. Starting to question that; not the action.

Ordered the Archimedes for a 7 Saum build. I just wish they could complete the transfer so I could drive down and pick it up in store!!

So LRI has shouldered barrels. Is there a list of companies that make shouldered and 1-1/16x20 threaded barrels suitable for the ARC BARLOC set-ups?

I looked on the LRI website and didn’t see any prefit barrels. Maybe I missed it?
Second page of products.