• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

American Rifle Company Independence from Tyranny Sale

I ordered a Mausingfield because the bolt face for .585". If the Archimedes came in that size I would have gotten that instead, I think I'll be plenty happy with my Mausingfield though.

Reactions: CaptArab
4th of July from ARC has gotten me 2 times. Nuke 1.2 last year and Archimedes this year.worth it.

A new arc action wasn't in the budget this July, but I have decided I think I'd like to go ARC when I finally step up to a custom action from my Tikka.

It's actually the only custom action that seems like a justifiable purchase over my Tikka for my hyper nerd engineering brain.

I'm curious- for the folks that ordered a mausingfield over a Archimedes what the thought process is there?

It seems like the Mausingfields only advantage over the previous nucleus was extraction capabilities but that seems to be a moot point with the Archimedes.

That's not to suggest that I don't think the Mausingfield is awesome, just not sure what it offers over the arch other than cool Mauser progeny style points (and maybe that's enough)?

Use case for me is a 70 / 30 range / hunting rifle in the 10-12lb range running aics mags.

Maybe the "in the hands" difference is obvious- That's easy to miss reading from a spec.
You are not missing anything. Infact, right on point. The Arch is a better, more feature rich action. Only limitation is .585 BF.

Do they only do this for the 4th or can I get a Xmas gift for myself?

Dang.
That's a lotta action for $1100

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210803-184313.png
    Screenshot_20210803-184313.png
    775.3 KB · Views: 106
Yep, the regular price of the Archimedes dropped right after the sale ended. I thought it was a mistake at first, but that seems to be the new price.

It'd be cool if ARC weighed in on this.

I suspect they're trying to motivate folks to get on board the lever-bolt wagon, but who knows?

Unless you're running a 384 / 473 switch barrel rig and need quick toolless bolt head swaps or a 338 compatible action, it seems like the clear choice.

Saving $100 for a nucleus or spending $500 more for the Mausingfield seems hard to justify.

Unless you're running a 384 / 473 switch barrel rig and need quick toolless bolt head swaps or a 338 compatible action, it seems like the clear choice.

Saving $100 for a nucleus or spending $500 more for the Mausingfield seems hard to justify.

Having had a pair of Nucleus gen 1 actions and now having one Archimedes (and 2 more on the way from the sale) if you're going to be switching bolt heads frequently, my recommendation would be the Nucleus gen 2. It's much quicker to swap the bolt head on the Nucleus gen 2 because it has a far simpler toolless bolt takedown process. You can swap the bolt head and extractor on the Nucleus gen 2 without any tools in about a minute, but you're going to need a couple of tools, some bench space, and some time to swap the bolt head on the Archimedes, and if you're doing it in the field you need to be careful not to lose any small parts like the bolt shroud locking pin and spring.

My preference is for the Archimedes though... such a smooth and fast action to run.

Last edited:
It looks like the Xylo received a similar price reduction as well. Or am I misremembering the price?

It looks like the Xylo received a similar price reduction as well. Or am I misremembering the price?
Yep. I just looked at my previous invoices.
Xylo was 1299.00 now 1099.00
Archimedes was 1399.00 now 1099.00

Doesn't leave me with a warm fuzzy feeling, that's for sure.

The Archimedes I bought during the sale is due in tomorrow, interested in getting my hands on it as I’ve only had a Mausingfield in the past. Was tempted to get the Xylo also but the budget didn’t allow it, also wanted something a little lighter for now.

An Archimedes at 1099 is a screaming deal. I sold off my Arch from the first run and have regretted it ever since. I may pick up one at this price.

Why get upset about lower prices? Manufacturers adjust pricing all the time, for a variety of reasons.

Reactions: gnochi
Yep. I just looked at my previous invoices.
Xylo was 1299.00 now 1099.00
Archimedes was 1399.00 now 1099.00

Doesn't leave me with a warm fuzzy feeling, that's for sure.
Eh, idk I'd say there's a good chance they've streamlined production effeciencies to the point to where they can lower their prices and still hit the required margins.

Typical lean startup adjustments.

Reactions: gnochi
Eh, idk I'd say there's a good chance they've streamlined production effeciencies to the point to where they can lower their prices and still hit the required margins.

Typical lean startup adjustments.
He's been around for a while, or at least a long way from start-up.

Couldn't stand it, had to buy one up at this price. It is a fantastic action at the old price. $1099 is just a no brainer. :)

He's been around for a while, or at least a long way from start-up.
He's been around but until his latest gen of stuff it wasn't streamlined. Now a healthy amount of the parts are interchangeable between his lines which means he needs less inventory to offer the same level of support, less inventory/overhead means reduced costs on his part not to mention tooling batch production ect. Until Ted conforms though it's all speculation. And in the grand s

Reactions: Winny94
I can't believe how many guys are upset about a manufacturer reducing price on something....would you guys bitch about zco or tt doing a price reduction... Doubtful you'd just happily buy it and not whine about it

Do you not remember everyone that bitched when Minox did their super sale.
"your hurting the value of my investment"

Ahh shit you're right. I underestimate the ability people have to look a gift house in the mouth and then complain
I might be out of line by being a little bent, but to buy a chassis and action, then find out the price of both drop by 20% in less than 60 days will do that to most folks.
It's not hurting any investment, as I have no plans to sell anything right now.

Reactions: CaptArab
I fully M-BRACE Ted's decision to only run a sale on Independence day.

Black Friday splits discretionary spending half dozen ways. On 7/4 it's all ARC. It's genius + there is no better holiday to celebrate & exercise 2A.

Reactions: HOLLYW00D
A Sale is a Sale, no matter the day. For those looking to buy and save I'm all for black Friday, manic Monday, or whatever else they can come up to run a sale!

So, I fully support Ted running anther sale. Maybe even willing to get my 5th!

I fully M-BRACE Ted's decision to only run a sale on Independence day.

Black Friday splits discretionary spending half dozen ways. On 7/4 it's all ARC. It's genius + there is no better holiday to celebrate & exercise 2A.

Reactions: Genegoesfast
How about an Oprah sale? Ted can just get Oprah to buy a bunch of actions or chassis’ for anyone in this thread. I mean, she used to buy cars and humpback whales and school districts for her audience members…

• Haha
Reactions: yej0001 and bbhank
Don't be a poor just buy when you want it
Most American gun owners will screech “buy American“ until they don’t get their special day/veterans/LE/reserve EMS discount from an American owned and operated firearms business. The business operation of any firearms related business should just to build in a 10% up charge and then discount it when the GIBMEDATDISCOUNT crew appears.